Island Expedition Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Springs
Pet Score:9874
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Re: Island Expedition Pets

Post by Springs » September 6th, 2018, 9:58 pm

I have figured out island expeditions. Get a group of three, grab a book or movie, and watch it while moving your chrter every five minutes......same drop rate win/loss

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 6th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Ligament wrote:Perfect solution: Make the pets/toys/mounts/xmog/etc purchasable from the vendor on the starting ship. That rotates every week and there are like 10 of them. Have doubloons be the currency. Keeps it a bit rare, still need to grind, and rather attainable. Hell, even have them remain as the low chance drops they're at now IN ADDITION.

I wish blizz did this for near everything. sure have rng involved as a way to win something possibly quicker but also let us be able to grind/work towards things. the noble garden event is the best example of how this can work. you need 500 chocolate eggs to buy the mount but you also have a small rng chance to win it from looting the eggs. why they don't do this for everything would make rng not seem so daunting

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » September 7th, 2018, 8:50 am

Ligament wrote:Perfect solution: Make the pets/toys/mounts/xmog/etc purchasable from the vendor on the starting ship. That rotates every week and there are like 10 of them. Have doubloons be the currency. Keeps it a bit rare, still need to grind, and rather attainable. Hell, even have them remain as the low chance drops they're at now IN ADDITION.
Anything would be better than as it is now, I thought maybe a weekly quest requiring maybe a few IE runs and rewarding different pets especially those not cageable, at least we would have some hope, relying on RNG can put one on anxiety meds :lol:
Wave

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » September 7th, 2018, 8:52 am

Springs wrote:I have figured out island expeditions. Get a group of three, grab a book or movie, and watch it while moving your chrter every five minutes......same drop rate win/loss
LOL can your group vote to kick you for doing nothing? May have to try this.
Wave

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 7th, 2018, 11:14 am

Waveryn wrote:
Springs wrote:I have figured out island expeditions. Get a group of three, grab a book or movie, and watch it while moving your chrter every five minutes......same drop rate win/loss
I think the plan is to do it with two other people who ALSO just want the pets. ;)

Out of interest, has anyone actually GOT a pet from a losing expedition?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » September 7th, 2018, 11:35 am

Mehetabel wrote: Out of interest, has anyone actually GOT a pet from a losing expedition?
Page one of thread last post seems loosing PvP still drops them.
Wave

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 7th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Waveryn wrote:
Yes, you can get vote kicked for AFK or being inactive. WarcraftPets encourages players to participate in the way it was intended to be played, and highly discourages in engaging in anything that would disrupt normal gameplay for others.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » September 7th, 2018, 6:43 pm

So far I have gotten two pets and a mount, but haven't been able to fulfill the five ie for the class hall thingie, even though I have the achievement for ten ie. Not sure how to fix that.

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » September 7th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Lordblacknail wrote:So far I have gotten two pets and a mount, but haven't been able to fulfill the five ie for the class hall thingie, even though I have the achievement for ten ie. Not sure how to fix that.
It's five different islands that is needed so takes at least two weeks as there are only the three each week.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » September 7th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Mehetabel wrote:
Waveryn wrote:
I think the plan is to do it with two other people who ALSO just want the pets. ;)

Out of interest, has anyone actually GOT a pet from a losing expedition?

yes I got a bag which had a pet from a loss.

Springs
Pet Score:9874
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Springs » September 8th, 2018, 10:33 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Waveryn wrote:
Yes, you can get vote kicked for AFK or being inactive. WarcraftPets encourages players to participate in the way it was intended to be played, and highly discourages in engaging in anything that would disrupt normal gameplay for others.

Results: went to LFG to put together a crack team of do-nothings.

Regular: It seems the AI anticipated my play (or lack there of) and drug the game out. 22 minutes to achieve defeat.

Heroic: Once again the crafty people at blizzard taught the AI ahead of time: 19 minutes for defeat.

Mythic: same as above

PVP: Reward is based on participation, so it doesn't work here

Conclusion This is not viable. You could win (or force the AI to win) by playing out the scenario in half the time it takes to stand there. On a side note, a friendly crab named scuttle joined my crew after the mythic loss.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 9th, 2018, 9:18 am

Hi,

I still have not done one of these ... not even sure where to start, since they are not mentioned in the LFR area at all.

I've given up looking for these things ... and the heroic/mythic thing is frustrating ... if you saw the listing for the previous expansion, you would have M's listed for Level 1, 2 and 3 and the next 100 listings all for level 13/14+ ... and nothing in between.

I gave up on that superficial high level game for people that think they are getting better!

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » September 9th, 2018, 10:09 am

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

I still have not done one of these ... not even sure where to start, since they are not mentioned in the LFR area at all.!
The island expeditions can't be queued for via the group finder. You currently have to go to the table and speak to the npc to queue for them. I don't know what faction you are but, for alliance, that table is just on the dock not far from the ramp to the ship where you do your missions/teleport to Zandalar.

I haven't leveled horde yet but a 2 second google search told me where and how to queue on horde side . ..
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Petals
Pet Score:11381
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Petals » September 9th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Did another 12 this week on one character. A couple of doubloons, but no pets or mounts. still doing only mythic and still winning everything since once your crew is 340+ the mythic islands are a complete joke. The "increase" seems to be on paper only.

I am fine with grinds that have a clear and definite ending. I did the wintersabers back in vanilla. I did Stormwind on my nelf just so I could have my first epic mount be the pony and not the hideous sabers. I love collecting.

What I am tired of and getting more tired of is the new Blizzard mantra of anything and everything should be a grind. And one based on RNG, ergo it's unending.

The 400 honor pets also really bother me. I did a TON of pvp in legion and kept it to just one healer because I wanted the mounts. Then they changed things five times and now I have barely any honor levels in the conversion because I just used one character, and I have a friend who did nothing but towers... but on 5 alts and he's almost at 400 just from that.

It's like no one thinks through these decisions anymore.

I dunno. I love this game and I want to love this expac more but it's getting frustrating in the most stupid and small ways.

Spazzypeanut
Pet Score:12846
Realm:Farstriders-us

Post by Spazzypeanut » September 9th, 2018, 11:02 pm

I too would like to know, do the pets drop at the end of the expedition? Or is it looted off a body?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 9th, 2018, 11:40 pm

Spazzypeanut wrote:I too would like to know, do the pets drop at the end of the expedition? Or is it looted off a body?
If you receive a pet from an Island Expedition win OR loss, it will come at the very end. It will be deposited directly into your bags, and it should also appear on your "Victory!" (or loss) window.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » September 10th, 2018, 4:28 am

Petals wrote:I am fine with grinds that have a clear and definite ending. I did the wintersabers back in vanilla. I did Stormwind on my nelf just so I could have my first epic mount be the pony and not the hideous sabers. I love collecting
I completely agree with you! There is nothing I won't do for a pet/mount when there is a clear ending in sight. I also did the original Wintersaber grind (to this day it's STILL my main's mount as I wanted it so badly and worked so hard for it) and I'm not in the slightest bit put off by the amount of pet charm pets or even the 400 honour pet. Those pets have a goalpost and it might be a grind but at least I can SEE the goalpost!

RNG pets, like the island expeditions, on the other hand . .. well, that's not fun.

I'll still do it though, of course. Because pets.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » September 10th, 2018, 9:47 am

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

I still have not done one of these ... not even sure where to start, since they are not mentioned in the LFR area at all.

I've given up looking for these things ... and the heroic/mythic thing is frustrating ... if you saw the listing for the previous expansion, you would have M's listed for Level 1, 2 and 3 and the next 100 listings all for level 13/14+ ... and nothing in between.

I gave up on that superficial high level game for people that think they are getting better!

You have always complained about doing anything in this game with others why do you even play a MMO anyway ?
Next, you complain about it without even doing it or even knowing how to que. why even comment when you clearly don’t even know what you are talking about it just makes you look foolish.

Lornaa
Top Rater
Pet Score:13848
BattleTag®:Rhadeyaz#2207
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Lornaa » September 10th, 2018, 11:46 am

Now at over 70 IEs and NOTHING, not even a darn rep token!! OMFG Blizz, you are totally ****ing joking!!!!

Spazzypeanut
Pet Score:12846
Realm:Farstriders-us

Post by Spazzypeanut » September 10th, 2018, 4:32 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Spazzypeanut wrote:I too would like to know, do the pets drop at the end of the expedition? Or is it looted off a body?
If you receive a pet from an Island Expedition win OR loss, it will come at the very end. It will be deposited directly into your bags, and it should also appear on your "Victory!" (or loss) window.
Thank-you so much for letting me know! I have done several and thought maybe I was missing out because I couldn't click on the body fast enough or something. :oops: