Polished Pet Charms

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Polished Pet Charms

Post by Uduwudu » August 14th, 2018, 10:54 am

Hi,

Almost 112 and I have not seen anything of these as yet, or any way to trade out the old Charms ... or a vendor anywhere. Any net information is just old, and says nothing but the same thing ... nothing!

I have been lucky to get a few pets, blues as well (skipped many of them until a blue showed up!). Something like 18 Pet Battles and got 4 blues and dropped 5 others as i already had them. All aquatic, btw.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Polished Pet Charms

Post by Quintessence » August 14th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Almost 112 and I have not seen anything of these as yet, or any way to trade out the old Charms ... or a vendor anywhere.
There's no currency exchange at the moment. Polished Pet Charms can be spent at vendors spread out across both Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Check each [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/new/]BFA vendor pet's profile[/url] here on WarcraftPets for the vendor that sells it. Some are faction-specific and will require a toon on that faction, or you can wait until they start appearing on the AH (I think all can be caged).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » August 15th, 2018, 10:38 am

I suppose the main way to acquire them will be through pet battle world quests at 120.
Mingyao on Madoran

Nearlysober
Top Rater
Pet Score:13614
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Nearlysober » August 15th, 2018, 2:55 pm

It looks like you'll be able to get these from new follower missions in BfA. I cannot find anything that confirms it yet, but I assume there will be max level bet battle WQ that also give a chance at them.

You can see some sources of the new charms [url=https://www.wowhead.com/item=163036/polished-pet-charm#dropped-by]here on Wowhead[/url].

It looks like you can get 20 from Rare. Another 20 from quests that seem to have minimal gating/chains.

So far, I've only encountered 1 of the rares, Cottontail Matron, and she did drop 10 for me.

There are 6 chests listed as sources. Not enough data yet on wowhead to confirm, but they're named chest so I think we can assume their loot is static (one-time loot). And if they contain 10 each, that's another 60.

So far, I have not found any charms in the randomized "small chests" that can spawn.

So, you can get 100 while leveling, without gating, etc. Pretty much only enough for 2 of the cheapest pets.

Hopefully they'll introduce something like the shoulder enchant from WoD that let them drop on occasion, but I haven't heard of anything yet.
Last edited by Nearlysober on August 15th, 2018, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 15th, 2018, 2:57 pm

I got polished pet charms off two of the rares in Drustvar today. One was the porcupine looking one, the other I don't recall.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » August 15th, 2018, 4:12 pm

I did every WQ yesterday and today, not a single Polished Pet Charm awarded. It was all bandages and +1 Level stones.

Most of the ones I have (38) have come from Jani...

Hope they fix the numbers/this is just too small of a sample size and they will be more abundant in the near future.

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » August 16th, 2018, 8:30 am

How many polished pet charms are needed to buy all the pets and toys in BFA?

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » August 16th, 2018, 8:44 am

Caesarromanus wrote:How many polished pet charms are needed to buy all the pets and toys in BFA?
As of right now, excluding pet stones/bandages/treats, you need around 5,000 Polished pet charms. (I -think- the exact math is like 5035 or so?)

I have tweeted at a few people on WoW asking why the Reputation pets now require charms, instead of gold as they did in the past, but I am doubtful they will respond =(

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » August 16th, 2018, 11:21 am

My guess is that there are certain types of WQ in their database. As you progress, some no longer show up and others will appear more often.

Right now there are a lot of WQ that provide reputation and gear. As people gear up and max out reputations, other things will appear.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » August 16th, 2018, 12:57 pm

They are not just from WQs at 120, I have got some from normal quests.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 16th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Hi,

Have gotten a total of 5 RARE's on my main, and on the other account, 2 RARE's. Not a single Charm anywhere ... I did get 2 stones to turn a pet RARE, on my other account, which helped. On my main, with 800+ and all RARE, that stone would be wasted, though it would mean I could get a pet that I wanted (like SS or PS) and use it.

All in all, just disappointed, specially that Blizzard has said absolutely nothing on this, and my guess is that they are still tinkering with it. Just scary to see that kind of disrespect. I'm guessing they think that the Pet Battle is not an important part of the game ... just an extra "bonus" for fun!

BTW, the pet designations for Breed, are also off right now and BreedID says "New" ... and many of those pets have different/separate designations. So make sure you compare the Greens/Whites and Grays with the Blue so you get the one you need, or at least replace it as you move along. Caught this yesterday on a second blue that was different than the one I had already gotten. The addon will probably not update for a while on this, and is likely one of the LUA errors coming up?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 16th, 2018, 2:21 pm

I got some charms out of a chest, currently sitting at 15, though I still have a long ways to go on leveling my toon.

Don't know what addon you're running for breeds, but Battle Pet BreedID seems to be mostly working for pets that you have already captured or are battling against. Usually takes a week or two for it to get populated with all possible breeds. I'm not worrying about breeds just yet, just capturing a few random pets as I go, knowing I'll need to go back later once I've had a chance to sit down and analyze the wild pet breeds available.

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » August 16th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Unlocked WQs today, and my first was against the mechanical tamer in Stormsong, which awarded me 19 charms. Pretty good, really.