Is the Rocket Chicken explode animation removed?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Is the Rocket Chicken explode animation removed?

Post by Gráinne » March 17th, 2018, 3:21 pm

(Prompted by a note on EU forums that it hasn't been working for at least the past few months.)

In two tests, the Rocket Chicken, when summoned, did its flying animation about every 25-30 seconds.

However, in both cases, it simply disappeared after about 20-22 minutes. I think there was the very start of the sound of the animation a second before the disappearance, then nothing - it was just gone.

A Wowhead comment from before the problem said that when the chicken exploded, the entry
- "Rocket Chicken is killed by Suicide"
appeared in the Combat Log. This did not happen, either in the regular Combat Log or the Pet Battle Combat Log, in either case.

I have checked Wowhead and the Usual Suspects, and patch notes.

Does anyone know anything about the Missing Animation?

Falconbc
Top Rater
Pet Score:6123
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Is the Rocket Chicken explode animation removed?

Post by Falconbc » March 19th, 2018, 2:57 am

i took him out on my DK and he would lift off every 20 seconds or so for close to 30 minutes and then i took him out on my warrior as i was making bars in my garrison and he would simply disappear every 2-5 minutes, i'm guessing its a bug. You should put a complaint in or file a bug report on the WoW website. i cant be bothered, like the way most pets move when i'm in my class hall,really jerky , not normal movement at all, kinda getting tired of this game i guess.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » April 9th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Hi,

it's there intermittently, and I originally thought that it was a problem with the drivers on the video card not getting all the information in place properly. The pet doing his thing on a place with 35/40 people, does not do your video card any favors, and it is likely that it will turn itself off, or not work for a while until you reload the UI. This, more or less, has been my issue.

I would like to hear about this on someone with a massive computer, and SSD, and like 32G Memory and at least a GTX 1060 (6G) ... and see if it happens as well. If it doesn't, you know that the lesser video cards and memory are having issues resolving everything at the same time, is my guess.

I'm putting together a machine with a GTX 1060, and probably a nice Asus Motherboard with a Ryzen processor in it ... and it should be a great machine for a year .... hahahaha!!!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » April 9th, 2018, 11:20 pm

I did think of graphics as a reason.

My first couple of tries were done by the Flight Master in Org, on a busy server. Then I did think I should try it elsewhere, so I went to the edge of one of the towers in Thunder Bluff, on Moonglade-EU, a very quiet server, at like 3am, when I was the only person there. Same effect.

If someone with a monster rig can see the explosion happen, I will acknowledge it's a graphics problem at the client, but until then, I'm assuming it's a bug.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » April 22nd, 2018, 9:05 am

Hi,

I'm not ready to say that it is a graphics thing, but I am inclined to believe that it is so.

I just upgraded my main machine from GTX970 to Radeon RX580 (basically doubled the memory!) and now I do not have any issues with the animation, and neither do I have the hesitations on a raid, like Sotonathor and the like when you have so many folks and everyone casting ... and on the 970, the machine was hesitating and even once or twice, completely locking/pausing, probably trying to update the stream of data coming in ... too much of it too fast.

IT IS one of my main complaints about BLIZZARD, and the fact that they are turning technology over so fast that they are leaving behind way too many fans ... and my main machine has 32G of memory and is on a 3.7Ghz processor. So that machine should not have been having issues with the 970 at all, but they seem to be cleared with the RX580.

Somewhere along the way, and this was also a problem with EQ in the old days, as they took on the bigger and better everything, and left half the game behind, Blizzard is doing the same thing, probably because they can not spend the time upgrading the old stuff ... it will change it all to something else, since some of the materials and processes were related to the abilities of that engine and its details ... and today, the abilities and details are totally different!

It would be a good question for the DEV's ... but I'm not sure that there are smart enough folks asking good questions about their game, if the examples that BlizzConBull showed ... they were worse than Vanilla, and plain Vanilla, and tasteless Vanilla.

But I bet that their answer will go around the Moon and Jupiter, before they "answer it", and you will not know the answer. At least it is very obvious that they are playing every day, on the newer and best machines, and that means that your friend that can't afford a gaming machine will be out of the game soon enough due to the graphics not working right, and the game not having the ability to handle the harsh differences in everyone's hardware.

A friend of mine told me that ... I don't count ... I'm in the top 10% to 20% of machines that play their game! And that few of us know how to adjust the settings so the machine won't screw up while playing.

Even I was shocked at that comment!

:o

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » April 26th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Hi,

A week with the new VC.

I'm now more convinced than ever that this is more than likely a connection issue. Whether it is COMCAST on my end, or just server side lag, is the part that is harder to figure out.

I am not sure/convinced that Blizzard will fix this, or at least defrag their streaming material so that it works more efficiently, as I think they might state that there are more important parts of the game that need to get through without interruption, in order for you to be able to play the game as "intended".

Hopefully we will see these things cleaned up, because in my way of seeing it, this is the fun part of the game!