Emerald Proto-Whelp Issues

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Miseror
Pet Score:776
Realm:Blade's Edge-us
Emerald Proto-Whelp Issues

Post by Miseror » March 2nd, 2018, 12:16 am

Okay I seem to be having the hardest time finding this pet. I'll sit near their spawn for hours and nothing, yet I had no issues finding the Unborn Valk.

Any tip or tricks on how to get this guy?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Emerald Proto-Whelp Issues

Post by Gráinne » March 2nd, 2018, 5:59 am

There are no tips or tricks or secrets. They spawn in that one small patch, and they spawn when they spawn.

If you have a 100 boost, you could make a trial character on the lowest-pop realm you can find, and try that. Or if you can arrange a cross-realm invite from somebody on another realm, that might work.

If you're looking for the pet to battle, you can get a [pet]Dream Whelpling[/pet] in Emerald Nightmare, and Dream Whelplings are identical to Emerald Proto-Whelps for battling purposes - moveset, breed and stats are exactky the same, so you can substitute perfectly. If you get a lock from someone who has cleared the raid, or just do the last boss in EN LFR, you will get to a grove where Dream Whelplings are flying around ready to be captured.

Nurasu
Pet Score:6312
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Nurasu » March 2nd, 2018, 1:25 pm

Miseror wrote:Okay I seem to be having the hardest time finding this pet. I'll sit near their spawn for hours and nothing, yet I had no issues finding the Unborn Valk.

Any tip or tricks on how to get this guy?
Kill all of the mobs in the area and they will start spawning rather quickly (eggs, whelps, and adults).

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » March 4th, 2018, 12:55 am

Yes, they're still spawning, problem is the competition. With way Blizzard is distributing workload on their servers, you may now be sharing Northrend with players from over 50 other realms. Pets like Nexus Whelpling and Emerald Proto-whelp seem to only spawn occasionally, in bunches in a limited area, and quickly get snapped up by other pet collectors. Not to mention the jerks that are only interested in rares and kill everything else in hopes of respawns.