Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jkierst920
Top Rater
Pet Score:12392
BattleTag®:jkierst920#1642
Realm:Madoran-us
Class Pets - How to's? Add on's?

Post by Jkierst920 » February 2nd, 2018, 12:47 pm

So I'm' working on A DK, Rogue, Monk... etc to get the class pets... I have no idea what quests are essential for them to pop... is there a guide or app that can tell me. Like Wowhead has quest checkers and stuff like that, is there any JUST for pets and mounts. I'm 110 ona few of them and am lost with I need to do next....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Class Pets - How to's? Add on's?

Post by Gráinne » February 2nd, 2018, 1:53 pm

No addons that I know of.

For Death Knight and Monk, you need to complete your class mount quest line, and can then just buy the pets from the vendor.
First work through everything in your Class quests, then
http://www.wowhead.com/patch-7-2-class-mounts

For Druid, you get to level 105, and choose the Evergreen talent in your class hall. 2 plots of Evergreen soil will spawn in the Order Hall. These can be harvested and replanted every 3 days, and [pet]Broot [/pet]is quite a common drop from them.

For Shaman, hit 100, get your artefact, choose your first area to level, and head up the ramp to the target dummy area. Battle [pet]Snowfang[/pet] for the drop.

Warlock can choose Class Hall talent Demonic Offering at 105 which spawns a daily quest Ritual of Doom in the class hall, requires 3 people to summon a demon which you kill. [pet]Hateful Eye[/pet] is a ~10% drop from that demon. Similarly, with Demon Hunter at 105, choose Twisting Nether Class Hall advancement, and you can go through the portal once a day alone or with a group to kill a demon that drops it.

[pet]Crackers [/pet]is earned through the Rogue class mount quest line, laid out in the top comment here: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=45848/fit- ... e#comments

For the other Rogue pets [pet]Dig Rat[/pet] and [pet]Sneaky Marmot[/pet] ... well, you can just buy them at the AH :) but Griftah will be very obvious in your class hall with his quest to pickpocket the coin with which you buy them.

Is there some specific point at which you're stuck?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 2nd, 2018, 5:58 pm

One tip when working toward your class mount and class pets, check your quest log every now and then. The process to collect the pets will include quests listed under the Class Campaign category in your log. Pick up all quests that you can from your Class Order Hall and just continue to follow those quest lines. IIRC, quests in the Artifact Weapon category are not necessary (once you've obtained your first Artifact). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

After that, unlock the Broken Shore and complete the Broken Shore Campaign. Just pick up and complete all quests from the Broken Shore main quest hub. IIRC, the dungeon and raid quests are not necessary.

You'll earn the necessary Artifact Power during the Class Campaign and Broken Shore Campaign questlines, so don't worry too much about meeting the weapon level requirement for the mount/pets.

A full list of Class Pets and a summary of the process on how to collect each can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16957
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jkierst920
Top Rater
Pet Score:12392
BattleTag®:jkierst920#1642
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jkierst920 » February 2nd, 2018, 9:29 pm

Gráinne wrote:No addons that I know of.

For Death Knight and Monk, you need to complete your class mount quest line, and can then just buy the pets from the vendor.
First work through everything in your Class quests, then
http://www.wowhead.com/patch-7-2-class-mounts

For Druid, you get to level 105, and choose the Evergreen talent in your class hall. 2 plots of Evergreen soil will spawn in the Order Hall. These can be harvested and replanted every 3 days, and [pet]Broot [/pet]is quite a common drop from them.

For Shaman, hit 100, get your artefact, choose your first area to level, and head up the ramp to the target dummy area. Battle [pet]Snowfang[/pet] for the drop.

Warlock can choose Class Hall talent Demonic Offering at 105 which spawns a daily quest Ritual of Doom in the class hall, requires 3 people to summon a demon which you kill. [pet]Hateful Eye[/pet] is a ~10% drop from that demon. Similarly, with Demon Hunter at 105, choose Twisting Nether Class Hall advancement, and you can go through the portal once a day alone or with a group to kill a demon that drops it.

[pet]Crackers [/pet]is earned through the Rogue class mount quest line, laid out in the top comment here: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=45848/fit- ... e#comments

For the other Rogue pets [pet]Dig Rat[/pet] and [pet]Sneaky Marmot[/pet] ... well, you can just buy them at the AH :) but Griftah will be very obvious in your class hall with his quest to pickpocket the coin with which you buy them.

Is there some specific point at which you're stuck?
My Main is druid, I have all of those, and I got the warlock/DH ones by doing the mini-boss. Got Shaman's too, now that I think about it. I was on my rogue aimlessly wandering around, but now that I look I think I to finish broken shore campaign. Still working on that. Didn't help that I took a a month and half off also. Just felt lost hahaa. Thank for the help! This will help to proceed! :-)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » February 2nd, 2018, 11:03 pm

Ah well for DK and Monk you can buy them once you have unlocked the mount, so follow the Class Mount Guides.

Follow Class Mount for Rogue as well, but you will get Crackers as part of a quest before the end.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 3rd, 2018, 5:34 am

Jkierst920 wrote:So I'm' working on A DK, Rogue, Monk... etc to get the class pets... I have no idea what quests are essential for them to pop... is there a guide or app that can tell me. Like Wowhead has quest checkers and stuff like that, is there any JUST for pets and mounts. I'm 110 ona few of them and am lost with I need to do next....

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Basically, level to 110, and then do all quests that fall into the "Legion Campaign" or "Artifact" categories in your quest log.

.....and ENTIRE Broken Shore chain. You only need the "real" chain, not the one from the Goblin (next to one of the Pet Masters)

For DK, you need all three artifacts, but even the Blood artifact can easily be obtained in unholy/frost spec. One WQ is enough to get enough traits to unlock pet (you need 2,275.000.000 AP to get all traits).

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 5th, 2018, 3:07 am

Bitter old man here, but need to add in.

The Class pets part of what killed enjoyment of pet collecting for me. Pre-Legion we could get most everything with combination of patiently working at it and having gold for the AH. I already had toons of all the classes, but they each gotta go through the same endless Order Hall campaigns that I've already done? Why?

Gating pets behind this much work which isn't exactly challenging but incredibly time-consuming, for basically no reason except to get the pet, is Blizzard trying to keep us sending them money every month.

So I'm retaliating. If I can no longer have lot of the pets, no reason to give them extra 20 to 40 bucks for their damn Collector's Editions or BlizzCon tickets just to get another pet. Still a bit annoying for us faithful followers who suck at their Raids and PvP and such but happily spent hours looking for some Rare pet to capture.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 6th, 2018, 6:37 am

I was bitter on that subject and still am at some points, but stopped to grumble when I realised it means no [pet]Broot[/pet]s everywhere. ;)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507