Pet names broken in new patch? and other bugs

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Pet names broken in new patch? and other bugs

Post by Nagini » January 17th, 2018, 8:48 am

When i logged in, some of my pet names have reverted to default, and some are missing letters/capitalization. Most of them are missing large portions of their names. I use the name "Spare" to indicate which pets are tradeable, and some pets just say "s", others "sp" all the way up to "spar". I'm kind of worried i'll have to redo all their names, or would it be better to leave them alone and hope it gets fixed?

I also noticed that while doing pet PVP, the hit chance when mousing over debuffs showed DATA ERROR.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pet names broken in new patch? and other bugs

Post by Quintessence » January 17th, 2018, 10:00 am

Reloading or relogging fixed the Pet Journal for me. The messed up names issue comes back now and then, but it doesn't appear to be permanent changes.

It's probably an issue on Blizzard's end. Either that or maybe a conflict with an addon. All my pet-related addons should be up to date though, so I'm guessing the cause is the former.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Drozil
MVP
Pet Score:4177
BattleTag®:Drozil#1225
Realm:Warsong-us

Post by Drozil » January 21st, 2018, 9:28 pm

I am having the same issue with renamed pets. I noticed after Patch 7.3.5 that special names were losing capitalization. Lately (FYI after I started using Total RP 3) I notice the issue with names vanishing or being truncated to a letter or two. A reload or relog will seem to fix it, but the moment I open my journal to search for a pet or ability, WHAM! it all goes wacko again.

Razputina
Pet Score:11151
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Razputina » January 21st, 2018, 9:47 pm

I am not running any pet addons, but am also experiencing the custom name bug. Some pets have the name completely removed and others are missing the first few letters. Renaming them only fixes it for the moment, on my next login they revert back to broken.

Weird...

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 22nd, 2018, 11:39 am

The bug (and the old lowercase one) doesn't sprout as long as you don't use searching tool, functionality of which is also broken as typing full names is ineffective.
In a case of journal mess, /reload once or twice.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » January 24th, 2018, 10:02 am

Fixed in latest Hotfix https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/21365424/hotfixes-january-23