How to collect your Globe Yeti

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Adorabella_x
MVP
Pet Score:6944
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Re: How to collect your Globe Yeti

Post by Adorabella_x » December 18th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Just got mine on Draenor @ 17:28 :) ... This is silly blizzard. players were camping to kill this little guy - but I got it quickly before an AOE killed it :cry:

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 18th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Best advice I can give. Go make a new char on a low pop RP or PVPVP server.

This was the first thing I did today (as it worked a treat way back when for the minfernal). Got to the globe in Ironforge and 5 minutes later I MISSED it because I was reading this thread! :roll: :lol: Noted the time and then went off to another server to try again. I was the only one there and it popped after 10 minutes waiting. Easy! :D

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 19th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Hi,

Just got it on one of the Oceanic servers (10:30AM time here in the West Coast) and I did not even have the Key Bind set up at all yet ... and luckily there was no one else there, so I was able to right click on it a couple of times and got the pet.

No biggie really ... but you do not want to be competing with 2, 3 or 4 other folks, since it is obvious when someone has the keys setup and you won't be fast enough ... they go right for the tree ... on my Draka server, there were 3 goons in the tree!

KEY BINDING FIGHT!!!!!!!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 19th, 2017, 11:47 pm

Yarl wrote:I got mine on an RP realm

Nobody was there
Ditto.

Admit was Sunday morning, but that was just 2nd day of Winter Veil. Had made a dwarf alt the evening before on a low pop RP realm, after multiple tries on my usual server. Logged into him and 14 minutes later had a Yeti, with no competition.

BTW, if you are spamming /Tar, helps to have sound turned up, can hear the sound effect when the target is successful. Means don't hafta stare at screen.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » December 20th, 2017, 8:39 am

How to get your yeti: Set your alarm clock at 3:30 in the morning. :P
Only 2 other people but they were not interested in it. The things we do for a pet.... :roll:

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » December 20th, 2017, 10:48 am

Dusted off my RPPVP toon from my minfernal days and after a few tries, was able to snag him.
There were often folks there (110's) who were obviously from that server, so I hopped out.
When I snagged him, I was the only one in the globe although someone did show up as I logged out.
SO, while it was WAY less competition than even my "low" population home server, it isnt a guaranteed catch (but definitely easier in the long term).

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » December 20th, 2017, 11:42 am

I got one on the first day with a little competition, and then last night I wandered into Ironforge and one was just running around in the globe with no one around.

So it appears to be getting pretty easy as the holiday goes on.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » December 23rd, 2017, 7:47 am

Got mine at 7:40am EST on US-Shadowsong today, so glad to get it on my first attempt.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 25th, 2017, 12:13 pm

GrosBonda wrote:
Quintessence wrote:
Gráinne wrote: P.S. The Yeti now has a green pet paw above him. I would have sworn he didn't when I captured him, but I could have been mistaken.

https://imgur.com/a/T82BH
Thanks for testing this Gráinne!

I don't remember a green paw print above its head when I captured mine either. If that's changed, I can't help but wonder if other things about the spawning of this pet have changed (since the start of the event) too.
I can answer this question.
I capture mine on the 16 and the green paw was already there
Weird.... today i was in if messing around and saw a globle yeti running around... no paw either on his head or mini maps.
but when i mouse over i could see the Paw.
i did not interact to let somebody got it , few secs after...

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 1st, 2018, 10:19 pm

Indeed. Just to confuse things further, one last screenshot, without the paw, from day before yesterday:

https://i.imgur.com/9nDyZsl.png

I didn't think to try mousing over it or targetting it though. That may be the key.