How to collect your Globe Yeti

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
How to collect your Globe Yeti

Post by Gráinne » December 16th, 2017, 7:44 am

Step 1: Log in to your realm and go to the snow globe in Ironforge or Orgrimmar.

Step 2: Get depressed at how many others are waiting. Resolve to try anyhow.

Step 3. See the Globe Yeti spawn, start to move, see it immediately snapped up by someone beside it.

Step 4. Hit the desk with your face.

Step 5. Make a Gnome on a low-pop realm. Make a /tar Globe Yeti macro. Run to Ironforge. Wait.

Step 6: (see step 2)

Step 7. (see step 3) (also step 4, but that is optional)

Step 8. Repeat Steps 5-7 several times.

Step 9. Finally find a low-pop realm where nobody (or hardly anybody) is waiting.

Step 10. Wait.

Step 11. Wait. (Why is waiting longer when there's no-one else around?)

Step 12. YAY!. One Superbark. Battle Over.

From experience, this exact method has worked in 100% of the single Globe Yeti I have captured.

Globe Yetis spawn at very low level. Mine was Level 3. Be sure to have loaded a team with Superbark or Weakening Blow, like [pet]Grumpy[/pet], [pet]Terrible Turnip[/pet], or [pet]Snobold Runt[/pet] so that you can capture it safely without any danger of killing him. You do not want to do this twice!

Globe Yetis have only one breed, so you don't have to camp for more.

Globe Yetis are quite big, almost the size of a Gnome, so even though it has no green Pet Paw icon above it, you will see it quite easily. It does run fast though, so you are better in front of it than running behind trying to catch up.
Last edited by Gráinne on December 16th, 2017, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuriana
Pet Score:13853
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Re: How to collect your Globe Yeti

Post by Nuriana » December 16th, 2017, 9:17 am

Just got mine on the very first try after waiting for about 20 minutes on Silvermoon where I was twinking. I was the only one waiting so I skipped steps 2-9 ;) And yes, I consider myself VERY lucky to get one that fast, didn't expect it at all!

When you're out to get yours make sure you bring a Terrible Turnip or Snobold Runt with Weakening Blow so you don't kill that little fellow!

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12996
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » December 16th, 2017, 11:16 am

Still not up on US servers :(

Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 16th, 2017, 11:37 am

Nuriana wrote:Just got mine on the very first try after waiting for about 20 minutes on Silvermoon
Silvermoon?

Silvermoon?

Silvermoon!!

You got yours ... on the first try ... on ... Silvermoon?!

*collapses in a corner weeping*

Nuriana

Post by Nuriana » December 16th, 2017, 12:08 pm

Yes, I was playing my twink on Silvermoon and just wanted to take a look at the whole thing in Ironforge. I never expected the spot to be empty on that high populated server but it was and so I took the chance and ran away with the little fellow. Out of pure curiosity I went 'home' to my lower populated Zirkel des Cenarius, where a bunch of people was lurking around at the snow globe... I don't think that I need to understand it in any way ;)

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12996
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » December 16th, 2017, 1:35 pm

So it doesn't appear in the Dalaran snow globe?

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » December 16th, 2017, 2:07 pm

It appears that the yeti spawns on the half hour from what I've seen. Saw it once straight up at event start, 10 PST, then at 10:30, then again at 11 PST. Just got mine at 11. Took hopping to an RP-PvP server though. All my usual go-to low pop servers had at least 2 people waiting for it to spawn.

Nuriana

Post by Nuriana » December 16th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Harpooha wrote:So it doesn't appear in the Dalaran snow globe?
No, it spawns in Ironforge (almost right in front of the bank) and in Orgrimmar - inside the big snow globe.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » December 16th, 2017, 2:39 pm

I live out in the middle of nowhere with subpar internet which makes this unobtainable for me. By the time the yeti loads for me it's already been claimed. Why on Earth did they think this was a good distribution method?

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11392
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » December 16th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Shashos wrote:It appears that the yeti spawns on the half hour from what I've seen. Saw it once straight up at event start, 10 PST, then at 10:30, then again at 11 PST. Just got mine at 11. Took hopping to an RP-PvP server though. All my usual go-to low pop servers had at least 2 people waiting for it to spawn.
That's my experience as well. Was slow to get the first 2 I saw and spawn was a half hr between re spawns each time. Got one on the third spawn on a US server. P/B breed. Anyone know if there's multiple breeds?

Moused
Pet Score:13077
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Moused » December 16th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Got mine on my bank toon that sits in IF all the time....I just made a macro and was sitting in the space were the huge Globe spawns and was ready when it spawned at 1 pm on the east coast...I was first one on my realm to get it.....was quite a few players around but I grabbed it first. Mine was a Common and a P/B breed...wowhead said it only comes in B/B breed...
Last edited by Moused on December 16th, 2017, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuriana

Post by Nuriana » December 16th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Aeolyn wrote:Why on Earth did they think this was a good distribution method?
I've asked myself this question, too. 48 Yetis spawn each day, Winterveil lasts for 17 days. Makes 816 Yetis per server. That's ridiculous..

Moozipan
Pet Score:12470

Post by Moozipan » December 16th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Does it spawn in a fixed spot inside the globe?

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11392

Post by Crazypants » December 16th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Moozipan wrote:Does it spawn in a fixed spot inside the globe?
It was near the Tree/presents each time I saw it spawn but not the same spot each time.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » December 16th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Nuriana wrote:
Aeolyn wrote:Why on Earth did they think this was a good distribution method?
I've asked myself this question, too. 48 Yetis spawn each day, Winterveil lasts for 17 days. Makes 816 Yetis per server. That's ridiculous..
Can they be killed? Because I totally see bored people in IF throwing Flamestrike and Death & Decay into the globe. It isn't even 816 per server, is it? Because so many realms are clustered together now in the old world. Between work, sleep, and actual Holiday obligations this isn't something I'll be able to dedicate much time to hunting for.

Moused
Pet Score:13077
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Moused » December 16th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Moozipan wrote:Does it spawn in a fixed spot inside the globe?
It spawns close too the tree in the middle and runs fast and goes around the tree moving away from it....what I did as wowhead said was be in middle of the tree and spam my tar macro and as soon as it spawned it went into battle pet stance for me....I had my tame team ready.

Bellamorda
Pet Score:9165
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Bellamorda » December 16th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Yes they can be killed. I want to thank Blizzard yet again for making it possible for trolls to ruin bet battles.

Nuriana

Post by Nuriana » December 16th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Aeolyn wrote:It isn't even 816 per server, is it? Because so many realms are clustered together now in the old world.
You're right. And assuming some of the people who manage to start the fight kill the Yeti because their team is overpowered there are nowhere near 816 ones per server that get tamed.

Cba
Top Rater
Pet Score:12760
Realm:Zenedar-eu

Post by Cba » December 16th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Finally got mine, and yeah it went a bit like the topic starter, unlike you I stayed on my main to try to get one and was hitting the /target macro every second and combined with a keybinding to the Interact binding i was able to get 1 in 2 hours of waiting.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 16th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Definitely have a /tar macro as well as "interact with" keybind if possible. I got lucky, it spawned almost immediately after I made the macro. That also gives me a spawn timer to pass to friends so they can hopefully get theirs soon.

IMO they really need to shorten the spawn, 30 minutes is unnecessary for something like this. Why make people jump through hoops for something that has a limited season?