Picking Up After A Hiatus

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Picking Up After A Hiatus

Post by Stella3 » November 29th, 2017, 5:32 am

Hey Collectors,

After nearly 3 years I am back in WoW and back to collecting pets and it seems I have a huge gap in my collection since leaving. I am wondering are there any easily attainable new pets (I left a year after WoD came out) I am wanting a pet that would be good for collecting other new ones. Think of the Legion version of the Terokar Hatchling. I have the add on to find new pets but this forum knows the low-down on the best pets to get.

Thanks and glad to be back,

Stella

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Picking Up After A Hiatus

Post by FuxieDK » November 29th, 2017, 11:56 pm

Before you do ANYTHING else, I recommend that you start to work towards Prestige pets, IMMEDIATELY.. It'll take around 6 months, if you put some backbone into it, to get all 4 pets.
These are the only ones that are at risk of being hard to impossible to get, once BfA hits..

Well, you will of course need to be 110 first, but that can be done in a few days..

Apart from that, Familiar Friendly and Familiar Fighter achievements can pose quite a challenge, but is doable, with a big menagerie..

.....And oh.... Welcome back :) :)

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » November 30th, 2017, 1:01 am

Thank you so much!! :D

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 30th, 2017, 12:33 pm

I'd start with the Raiding with Leashes achievements you don't have.

I'm not sure there are any really stand-out pets from Legion from a battling-to-collect perspective.

[pet]Grumpy[/pet] is especially interesting for [ability]Superbark[/ability], which lets you capture without killing, like the Turnip's Weakening Blow, but Superbark is faster.

[pet]Twilight Clutch-Sister[/pet] has a really useful AoE that can speed up wild battles a lot. I was levelling a character (not pets) a bit with wild battles a while ago, and Murkalot RI->BFB Armageddon->Twilight Meteorite pretty much finishes it. Needs lots of bandages, of course, but I have ten lifetimes' supply already.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 1st, 2017, 4:31 am

Gráinne wrote:I'd start with the Raiding with Leashes achievements you don't have.
I suggested Prestige first, because of two reasons:

1: It takes the longest time
2: We don't know what happens to it, when Legion ends..

RwL isn't going anywhere, and the pets can (if need be) be obtained from AH..

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 1st, 2017, 6:55 am

Bear in mind that the second prestige pet, the one which takes a real time commitment to get, is not a battle pet and is cosmetic only. This may affect your decision as to whether to invest the time into acquiring it.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 1st, 2017, 3:52 pm

Graven wrote:Bear in mind that the second prestige pet, the one which takes a real time commitment to get, is not a battle pet and is cosmetic only. This may affect your decision as to whether to invest the time into acquiring it.
But but but MUST HAVE THEM ALL :roll: :lol: :lol:

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 6th, 2017, 7:44 am

Welcome back! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 15th, 2017, 10:18 am

FuxieDK wrote:Before you do ANYTHING else, I recommend that you start to work towards Prestige pets, IMMEDIATELY.. It'll take around 6 months, if you put some backbone into it, to get all 4 pets.
These are the only ones that are at risk of being hard to impossible to get, once BfA hits..
FuxieDK do you really think the prestige pets will go away or when BfA launch ? or at least be harder than now ?
I was asking myself this....
what others think of this ?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 15th, 2017, 1:06 pm

GrosBonda wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:Before you do ANYTHING else, I recommend that you start to work towards Prestige pets, IMMEDIATELY.. It'll take around 6 months, if you put some backbone into it, to get all 4 pets.
FuxieDK do you really think the prestige pets will go away or when BfA launch ? or at least be harder than now ?
I was asking myself this....
what others think of this ?
In the most recent Developer Q&A, they stated that they [url=https://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/11/developer-q-re-prestige-rewards-post.html]do not currently plan on removing the Prestige pets and rewards[/url].

"Regardless, we want to make sure the Prestige rewards that are currently available will still be available in whatever form we have in the future. We'll have more information to come basically."

However, *how* we collect the PVP Prestige pets in BfA might be different from the way they are currently earned. It might be less of a grind in BfA, it might be more tedious, or it might be an entirely different beast. It's unclear right now, and as always, there's no guarantee.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 16th, 2017, 1:09 am

Wondering why people agonize over the Prestige pets. Sure, Prestige 1 not too bad. just takes a while, but the others ? Blizzard loves you, means you're going to keep sending them money every month. They've done a big hit on the the gotta-catch-'em-all crowd with Legion, so many that mean leveling bunch of alts or doing intense raids or just silly things that take lot of time.

Sorry, elderperson <grumble, grumble> but grinding out many months of PvP just not something that excites me much.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » January 26th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Neat that youre back

Me too after 3 years away

Pets became filthy expensive too..sigh
Tekulve