Cage from promotions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ea
Pet Score:1137
Realm:La Croisade écarlate-eu
Cage from promotions

Post by Ea » September 18th, 2017, 5:39 am

I noticed that sometimes, the pet item gets added to the collection without having to right click the item.

Only this item increases the pets learned stat on the stat pannel. As a collector I'm interested in increasing it.

I'm searching for more informations on which pets gets directly added.
I'm also wondering if gifting a store pet would result in having this pet mailed, instead of having it added directly.

Have someone noticed pets getting added automatically, and if so which ones ?

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Re: Cage from promotions

Post by Vakeetah » September 18th, 2017, 8:55 am

I recently bought the Starcraft 2 CE (which includes [pet]Mini Thor[/pet], [pet]Baneling[/pet] and [pet]Zeradar[/pet]) and they were added directly to my journal. They did show as "gifts" in the journal that I had to click to unwrap, but definitely didn't get any in-game mail or items.

The change that adds promotional pets to the journal as gift boxes is relatively recent, and I know for a fact that the SC2 pets were formerly learnt from an item that was mailed to you. No longer the case, looking at the facts - so, the change seems to be retroactive. Same applies to gifting store pets; they're auto-added as a "gift box" to their Pet Journal. Lastly, I believe that the Shop also prevents you from gifting pets/mounts to a player that already knows them.

That said, I don't think the "items" add up to your collection anyway, since everything is stored and read from Armory (i.e: what you have in your Pet Journal).
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Ea
Pet Score:1137
Realm:La Croisade écarlate-eu

Post by Ea » September 18th, 2017, 11:23 am

interesting. was it the digital deluxe key or was it a key from a physical collector ?

it's still weird that promotional pets have a non caged item (see the last store fox pet), if they're never used.

I wonder if a GM would agree to delete and then re send the pet. we bought the pet after all, so we certainly deserve to get a +1 on that counter.

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » September 19th, 2017, 12:19 am

You get all 3 pets for buying the Starcraft 2 CE???

Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13112
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Studmuffyn » September 19th, 2017, 5:00 am

Caesarromanus wrote:You get all 3 pets for buying the Starcraft 2 CE???

If you get all 3 of them yes, Wings of Liberty, the zerg one, and Legacy of the Void