Blizzcon

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us
Re: Blizzcon

Post by Gilneas » September 16th, 2017, 12:16 pm

They'll probably reveal the rest in a couple of weeks. Possibly in the pre-stream.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 16th, 2017, 2:06 pm

I doubt there'll be a WoW pet this year as the faction mounts are a pretty desirable reward (judging by the sheer number I've seen around already - and I admit, this is the fastest I've ever bought a Blizzcon ticket). They really have nothing to gain by withholding a pet reward as a "surprise!" later on.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » September 16th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Dalandius wrote:Announcing a WoW pet for the Virtual Blizzcon ticket at Blizzcon would be a very low move.

No one is suggesting they will. The virtual items are all announced before Blizzcon. They just are often not announced as soon as the ticket is available.

We are saying that when they announce the specifics of the HS, Heroes, OW, SC2, SCR and D3 items, they will also announce a WoW pet. That the list says digital pets - plural - suggests it's still a possibility.
We’re also getting the party started early this year with several series of weekly pre-BlizzCon videos that go behind-the-scenes with Blizzard and our talented community. The first of these are available NOW—head over to the BlizzCon Watch page to start exploring.

Would be nice to know what all the In-Game Goodies you Unlock with this year’s BlizzCon Virtual Ticket are before they put up content that needs the ticket, which they already have put up.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » September 16th, 2017, 4:50 pm

It's nearly always available for purchase before the digital stuff is ready to show off. If you need to see it all first, the early purchase probably not for you. For a great many people, the digital goods are just a bonus and we will get it regardless of what they are. Thus, we appreciate the earlier timeframe to be able to get it.

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » September 17th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Just adding my two cents to the speculation pool.

With the over representation of Overwatch in the goodie bag my guess is that the wow pet is going to tie in very closely to Overwatch. Now this year I am not getting the goodie bag because there is nothing in it I would really want and a backpack is something I have too many of to begin with.

So what would the Overwatch twist be like? A Murloc Tracer?

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » September 18th, 2017, 8:17 am

So what would the Overwatch twist be like? A Murloc Tracer
Don't say such amazing things that might not come to pass. :P

Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » September 23rd, 2017, 11:59 pm

Gilneas wrote:
So what would the Overwatch twist be like? A Murloc Tracer
Don't say such amazing things that might not come to pass. :P
Chgrlgrl logrll, thrgrl cavagrl's hrglrgl!!

<3

Nixxis
MVP
Pet Score:7598
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Nixxis » September 25th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Digem wrote:We still might get a pet though. They might not be revealing it as the murloc pet usually fits the theme for the new expansion and they might not want to reveal that yet or at least before blizzcon. Also it is a two seater mount which is very nice
That is exactly what I have been hearing. I think a new pet will eventually be announced.