New Dragon Soul Pets and LFR

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saite
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Bladefist-eu
New Dragon Soul Pets and LFR

Post by Saite » August 31st, 2017, 2:05 pm

Does anyone know if the 3 new Dragon Soul pets for Raiding with Leashes drop in LFR? Or is it only Normal and Heroic?

Thanks,
Saite

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Re: New Dragon Soul Pets and LFR

Post by Jodmos » September 1st, 2017, 10:14 am

I killed Yor'sahj 10 times on PTR LFR and didn't get a pet. From testing I'm 99% sure that the pets drop in 10 and 25, normal or heroic. Doesn't matter which. Obviously 10 man normal is easiest and from LFR I didn't notice much difference in droprates.

Saite
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Post by Saite » September 2nd, 2017, 10:37 am

Thanks for the info. Sounds like they don't drop in LFR.

That's a shame because if they did it means we could do a second run on all our Alts as LFR allows more drops from those bosses. So, that's why I was seeing if anyone had tried it. It's interesting because this is the first LFR available raid ever included in Raiding With Leases so the same drop rules will probably apply to future editions.

Thanks again.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 2nd, 2017, 12:20 pm

Whether or not it will apply to the future also somewhat depends on what they do with ToT and Siege. There are 10 pets currently from those two total (I believe that's the number), most of which drop from LFR. They could choose to create all new pets for them, or include them in the achievement with new ones for the first tier. Or some combination.

The point being, I don't think LFR's inclusion or not doesn't have to tie them down to doing the same thing in the future.