Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
PvP Prestige pets can be bought on opposite faction

Post by Gráinne » August 30th, 2017, 5:51 pm

From Eggs (of many realms!) EU comes this bit of good news:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616722877
Just a heads up that if you earnt a prestige pet on one faction, you can now buy it from a vendor on the opposite side without having to regrind the prestige levels.

Horde side is:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=119272/sarah-the-savage

Ally side is:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=119272/sarah-the-savage

This works for the fanatic/dutiful at least, i'm only prestige 11 so i cant tell you if theres more pet rewards at higher. (fanatic is 450g, dutiful is free)
I just checked, and indeed Sarah the Savage does offer the Horde pet. I already earned the Prestige 1 pet on Horde as well as Alliance, so I didn't/couldn't actually buy it, but I do see it for sale.

Perhaps someone who has earned it on one faction but not the other might want to confirm?

I think Eggs meant Captain Roberts for the equivalent Alliance-side:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=119484/captain-roberts

Both are in New Dala, so may take some getting to if you don't have a high level of the opposite faction.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Re: PvP Prestige pets can be bought on opposite faction

Post by Vhale » August 30th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Oh my gawd! I'll repost on the main forums and see if someone can go check. I am P11 but it will be awhile til I'm home.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 30th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Thank you for pointing this out!! *tears of joy*

Is this the "fix" we've been looking for? I think this is an excellent compromise. :)

Update: Thanks to @thingwhatwows for testing it out, it's confirmed that this is a thing now.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Zonnetje
Top Rater
Pet Score:11705
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Zonnetje » August 30th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Confirmed! Just bought the horde version and level it!

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » August 30th, 2017, 8:51 pm

FUME. I got all 4 the hard way.

How about old CE pets for 450g now, too?

EDIT FOR MORE: Ok, I fully realize this will make me sound like a whiny a-hole, but the more I think about this change, the angrier I get. Why should any of us work hard to attain difficult rewards that differentiate us from other players if they're going to be handed out for free a month later? Are they going to cut the price of Celestial Calf to 10k gold next?

Vhale
MVP

Post by Vhale » August 30th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Confirmed! Just got mine!

And yes, it's a horrible awful grind. They could compensate you with extra honor towards the new season. But imo, Prestige needs a heavy nerfbat towards alting. It's like the insane title squared. Leave the elite stuff for Gladiators.

I'd also add they have cheaped out on some of the CE pets. Mini Thor for example, was pretty rare. Then they added him to the "digital" edition. In fact, the WoD "digital" addition is STILL for sale. I think it's safe to say the collectors edition perks are things of the past.
Last edited by Vhale on August 30th, 2017, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jkierst920
Top Rater
Pet Score:12392
BattleTag®:jkierst920#1642
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jkierst920 » August 30th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Oh yeah! It works, just picked up my Horde Enthusiast! I was not looking forward to grinding both side to rank 6 to get all 4 pets. :D :D :D :D

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » August 30th, 2017, 11:24 pm

Tbh, I feel really pissed off because of this. Not because others get the "easy", congrats you. :) The whole dual-faction grind was horribly stupid idea to begin with.

But I'm more pissed off the fact I was so stupid to start the honor grind on alt and waste time on it. When I started the whole process, I thought "What if Blizz opens the pets on the opposite faction as well?" but since I didn't want to risk it, I went for it anyways. Now I truly regret it and this makes me think that why even bother with the similar "challenges" in the future as you can just sit back and wait for Blizz hand them over later on.
</rant>
- Taking your candles since 2005

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 31st, 2017, 1:02 am

Yeah unfortunately I'm in the camp of "leveled up and geared up a toon specifically to grind to prestige 7" and now... I just want all the many hours I dumped into that venture, back. :( I mean I *just* hit rank 7 a couple weeks ago on that alt, so this feels like a massive slap in the face.

Happy that no one else has to suffer through this from now on, but the lack of communication is so painful right now.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » August 31st, 2017, 1:18 am

I lvled my ally alt, started prestige farming, I wasn't 7 on my all yet (I've done half) / I'm 13 on my main. I was going to get the pet, I wanted it, and we all know how blizzard is.

One day : we'll never put account wide the vicious mount.
Another day : we'll put account wide the vicious mount but you won't have the other faction ones.
Later : vicious mount account wide all faction.

MoP : we put this challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.
=> WoD : we removed this challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.
WoD : we put this other challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.
=> Legion : you can keep this challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.

You can't predict shit with them.

So as always, I play it safe. I farm things I don't like to get what I want, if we don't have a 100% knowledge of what will happen to it. atm Prestige next xpac is a big mystery (easier / gone / new rewards?), and not farming the 7 lvl on the other faction was a mistake I wasn't going to make.

But we all know today, it won't be necessary to finish the grind. An annoucement would have been nice (lol... like we would get one...) but even if we farmed all / half / less / none of the prestige on the other faction and did it for nothing, don't be selfish, it's a good day overall, this grind was dumb.

Rrockw
MVP
Pet Score:5995
Realm:Shadowsong-us

Post by Rrockw » August 31st, 2017, 5:33 am

Thanks so much for posting this!

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » August 31st, 2017, 5:35 am

I'm in the camp that didn't muster the courage to do the grind on the opposite faction so I am quite happy with the change however I do completely understand the anger of the people who did.

I hate it when they make such sudden changes that make something that used to be very hard/grindy suddenly trivial. Especially if they explicitly stated before that they wouldn't do it. It's a slap in the face for people who put the effort/resources in and I really hate that (happened to me for the AK on alts thing).

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » August 31st, 2017, 6:20 am

Great news. Procrastination pays again.

Edit: Any details on what you need to do this? Does your toon need to be level 110 or have any reputation etc? How much does it cost for both pets?

Vhale
MVP

Post by Vhale » August 31st, 2017, 9:49 am

Milotha wrote:Great news. Procrastination pays again.

Edit: Any details on what you need to do this? Does your toon need to be level 110 or have any reputation etc? How much does it cost for both pets?
No rep needed at all. Ironically, I had a horde druid I boosted with the original legion sale to eventually grind pvp with. She was able to buy one for 500g, the other was free.

The vendor is in New Dalaran so besides the cash, you need to be up there. Mage port or 100. I don't know if the city portal works under 100.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » August 31st, 2017, 1:31 pm

Thanks for the info. Now I can spend my toon boost on that.

Petal
MVP
Pet Score:13678
BattleTag®:Petal#1921
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Petal » August 31st, 2017, 1:31 pm

This is so magical! I was dreading leveling a horde toon all the way up! Back to Argus for me! :D :D :D

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » August 31st, 2017, 10:09 pm

Peanutty wrote:Yeah unfortunately I'm in the camp of "leveled up and geared up a toon specifically to grind to prestige 7" and now... I just want all the many hours I dumped into that venture, back. :( I mean I *just* hit rank 7 a couple weeks ago on that alt, so this feels like a massive slap in the face.

Happy that no one else has to suffer through this from now on, but the lack of communication is so painful right now.
Yup... Story of life as a pet collector. I'm the guy that has done every grind, only to see it made much easier for the guy behind me. Fortunately, this is the first one that actually worked in my favor. I feel bad for the grinders on this one, but I'll take it

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 31st, 2017, 11:53 pm

Neolarva wrote:I lvled my ally alt, started prestige farming, I wasn't 7 on my all yet (I've done half) / I'm 13 on my main. I was going to get the pet, I wanted it, and we all know how blizzard is.

One day : we'll never put account wide the vicious mount.
Another day : we'll put account wide the vicious mount but you won't have the other faction ones.
Later : vicious mount account wide all faction.

MoP : we put this challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.
=> WoD : we removed this challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.
WoD : we put this other challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.
=> Legion : you can keep this challenge mode pet sold by the guild vendor.

You can't predict shit with them.

So as always, I play it safe. I farm things I don't like to get what I want, if we don't have a 100% knowledge of what will happen to it. atm Prestige next xpac is a big mystery (easier / gone / new rewards?), and not farming the 7 lvl on the other faction was a mistake I wasn't going to make.

But we all know today, it won't be necessary to finish the grind. An annoucement would have been nice (lol... like we would get one...) but even if we farmed all / half / less / none of the prestige on the other faction and did it for nothing, don't be selfish, it's a good day overall, this grind was dumb.
I think I have similar feelings.
Since the whole idea of Prestige rewards has come, my main concern was that it would be replaced with something else the next expansion. Perhaps people who used to PvP in Justice/Honor/Conquest/ABCDE times tear their hair out over a fact you can purchase most of the related gear with gold, after all.
I can also wholeheartedly agree with you and @Peanutty that the lack of communication is daunting. It is like the spirit of RNG, bored with the games themselves has leaked out of the servers and descended upon living beings.
On the other hand, I still wonder if there could be a certain background behind this particular decision -- maybe the statistics they collected (e.g. the class spec distribution) have told them that their initial plan was flawed for reasons other than the obvious one. But hey, if they could tell for pet dungeons "let's see and then decide"… each department to their own, huh?
Well, yes and no. PvP has no endgame, no "this is it and then you're over" and therefore the closest thing to a point of reference is an arena rating or the hlvl right now. Do you know if they're capped at all?
As a whole, PvP should have been created as "always relevant", but perhaps this isn't possible anymore.

I don't think that my attitude towards prestige rewards is relevant but I've never felt an urge to go for higher prestige levels for the same reason I don't go for mythic raiding or other tops -- it loses meaning over time, and I won't pretend to compete with someone who is a real fan of these activities. And yes, I have hard time with alting aswell but I'd enjoy it if it wasn't so time-consuming.
The first level of Prestige I'd call pretty casual though. I won't buy the Fanatic ASAP, don't worry. ;-)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » September 1st, 2017, 3:47 pm

Thanks, Blizz. I really appreciate leveling an Alliance toon to 110, gearing it, then spending 10 months doing towers and battlegrounds getting it to Prestige 6 all the while doing the same on Horde side. What an awesome way to reward people who complained about the double grind and refused to do it while simultaneously trivializing the massive grind people like me chose to undertake on the road to collecting completion.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 1st, 2017, 4:11 pm

Solana wrote:Thanks, Blizz. I really appreciate leveling an Alliance toon to 110, gearing it, then spending 10 months doing towers and battlegrounds getting it to Prestige 6 all the while doing the same on Horde side. What an awesome way to reward people who complained about the double grind and refused to do it while simultaneously trivializing the massive grind people like me chose to undertake on the road to collecting completion.

We all knew it was unreasonable and that it should have been this way from the start. I knew it. You knew it. We all did. Just because some people chose to do it with the obviously broken implementation doesn't mean that they shouldn't have changed it to what it should have been in the first place.

The attitude that they are screwing you or are horrible people for doing the right thing is incredibly selfish.