PvP Prestige pets can be bought on opposite faction

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: PvP Prestige pets can be bought on opposite faction

Post by Peanutty » September 5th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Solana wrote:It does have an impact on those who did the grind. It means we wasted a lot of our time, effort and energy getting something other people were later given for a few gold.

Also, I highly doubt the double prestige grind was a "mistake" knowingly or otherwise. It made it through alpha, beta and then stayed on live servers for an entire year before a change was made. Then they sneakily slipped in the change without documenting it in the patch notes. In fairness, if a change was going to be made it should have been made months ago. Or, at the very least, some communication from Blizzard regarding the possible intent of a change would have been sufficient enough. The amount of time this remained in the game misled many people to believe they were going to have to do the double grind or they were not going to be able to get both pets. I am dumbfounded as to why they chose to make this change now, especially without rewarding the people who took the time to do it as it was intended with something like a Feat of Strength.
Very well said. I think 10 months total spent on an alt leveling, gearing, grinding endless towers, has to be considered as having some "impact" on our game play.

I would have less complaint if, as you noted, we got *something* to acknowledge our efforts in grinding prestige on both factions.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » September 5th, 2017, 3:23 pm

This is amazing. I am just about at my 7th level Prestige on alliance, and had a horde character leveled to 110 (and was starting the grind to prestige 1). This is how it should have always been, thank you Blizzard.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » September 5th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Solana wrote:It does have an impact on those who did the grind. It means we wasted a lot of our time, effort and energy getting something other people were later given for a few gold.
What about the class campaign / broken shore campaign/ unlock relics I did on every class?
Nerf, nerf and nerf again

What about the broken shore access for wq I did on 32 toons?
You can just skip it now

What about the quest to up your weapon 52+ I did on every spec for 12 class (and my ally)?
You don't have to do it now

What about the artifact power to get the pets / mounts?
This is easier at every patch, even every week. People did 100's+ wq to get 1 pet or 1 toy. In a few weeks, you only need less than 10 wq to get it (last research = 150x more AP than before the patch).

What about the lvling?
With heirlooms + invasions + flying = 8 invasions and you are done, 2 hours more or less, instead of 6-8h.

What about the challenge skin?
In a few months (with the new raid) you can have 60-70 ilvl more than the person who did it on the first 3 mage tower.

Should I count all the time I wasted for all of this and ask for a reward at every nerf?

As always, everything you do might get easier / harder (try doing some of the achiev in ulduar now with a lvl 110) / removed. When you choose to do the prestige on both toons, you knew they could nerf it / removed it / make it harder anytime they want, as always.

I wanted the pet, so I decided to lvl my ally and do the prestige to get it, because of the 3 options, one of them, I couldn't accept before the expansion is done.

You got unlucky, they nerfed it and you did it for nothing extra. But it could have been removed in a couple of months and you would have been glad. They could have nerfed the towers / ffa wq by 50% and you would have been glad you did it. But asking for an achievement, just to say : "I farmed 7 prestige of both, you didn't"... Couldn't you just be glad to know you did it the hard way without an achievement to tell the world?

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » September 5th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Neolarva wrote:
What about the class campaign / broken shore campaign/ unlock relics I did on every class?
Nerf, nerf and nerf again

What about the broken shore access for wq I did on 32 toons?
You can just skip it now

What about the quest to up your weapon 52+ I did on every spec for 12 class (and my ally)?
You don't have to do it now

What about the artifact power to get the pets / mounts?
This is easier at every patch, even every week. People did 100's+ wq to get 1 pet or 1 toy. In a few weeks, you only need less than 10 wq to get it (last research = 150x more AP than before the patch).

What about the lvling?
With heirlooms + invasions + flying = 8 invasions and you are done, 2 hours more or less, instead of 6-8h.

What about the challenge skin?
In a few months (with the new raid) you can have 60-70 ilvl more than the person who did it on the first 3 mage tower.

Should I count all the time I wasted for all of this and ask for a reward at every nerf?

As always, everything you do might get easier / harder (try doing some of the achiev in ulduar now with a lvl 110) / removed. When you choose to do the prestige on both toons, you knew they could nerf it / removed it / make it harder anytime they want, as always.

I wanted the pet, so I decided to lvl my ally and do the prestige to get it, because of the 3 options, one of them, I couldn't accept before the expansion is done.

You got unlucky, they nerfed it and you did it for nothing extra. But it could have been removed in a couple of months and you would have been glad. They could have nerfed the towers / ffa wq by 50% and you would have been glad you did it. But asking for an achievement, just to say : "I farmed 7 prestige of both, you didn't"... Couldn't you just be glad to know you did it the hard way without an achievement to tell the world?
The changes you mentioned - everything you listed - are all character development catch-up mechanics. This has been happening over the course of the last couple expansions to make it easier for casuals to re-sub and not feel like they are being left behind. I have 15 level 110s and I did all of those things you listed 15 times over. Never once did I complain about those changes because I knew they were coming. Anyone who has been playing this game for years knows there are catch-up mechanics to make it easier for people who constantly quit and return to the game. No one saw the change to prestige coming because there was zero communication from Blizzard on the topic. This was obviously intended to be a difficult grind which was not meant for everyone so for those of us who chose to take it on, yes, it deserves recognition for being one of the most difficult, time-consuming things I've accomplished in my 12 years of playing WoW.

Last time I checked, no one gives a toss about my achievements accept me. Asking for a reward like a Feat to recognize my hard work is something for me to be able to add to my list of collectible achievements. It has nothing to do with being able to "tell the world" as you put it.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » September 5th, 2017, 8:44 pm

I saw some change coming, though not this dramatic. They over-nerfed honor gain from release. The WQs used to give more honor and on a faster timer. Now, the invasions throw them off frequently too. I was wondering what they'd do as farming to max prestige from 0 at this point in the expac would be difficult. And as mentioned, there's a lot of catch up mechanics. The prestige system doesn't make a lot of sense for latecomers. I have been concerned about BGs getting flooded by procrastinators late in the expac cycle. It may be like Children's Week for months. Ew.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » September 5th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Solana wrote:The changes you mentioned - everything you listed - are all character development catch-up mechanics. This has been happening over the course of the last couple expansions to make it easier for casuals to re-sub and not feel like they are being left behind. I have 15 level 110s and I did all of those things you listed 15 times over. Never once did I complain about those changes because I knew they were coming. Anyone who has been playing this game for years knows there are catch-up mechanics to make it easier for people who constantly quit and return to the game. No one saw the change to prestige coming because there was zero communication from Blizzard on the topic.
I said thoses because they are the newest I remember. But then, no character development catch-up :

How about every mount IG loot BEFORE the account-wide mode? The person who farmed Zulian tiger / attumen & co on several toon? The person who didn't farm mount on reroll just to have all on his main?

How about the vicious mount in PvP? How about the people who farmed all the vicious mounts on horde AND alliance? Or all mounts on several toons just to have it account wide later?

If they knew they wouldn't have wasted time.
Solana wrote:This was obviously intended to be a difficult grind which was not meant for everyone so for those of us who chose to take it on, yes, it deserves recognition for being one of the most difficult, time-consuming things I've accomplished in my 12 years of playing WoW.
It might be intended to be a difficult grind, or an oversight, with the change, and the lack of communication, we'll never know...
A lot of accomplishment way harder than achievements have been done and never rewarded :

lvl max on a panda without leaving the starting zone
iron man challenge
hit exalted with bloodsails pirates when you had 1 mob to kill every 15min
hit exalted for bloodsails pirates AND steamwheedle cartel
(to name a few)

I'm with you, it sucks that's they never told us they were going to change it, that it take so long to change, that we wasted time (even if I wasted less than you, I wasted time too). Just like it sucks they don't tell us what will happen to prestige next expansion (I'm not sure they even know at this point)... But all we can do is accept it... They aren't trustworthy for this kind of things.
Vhale wrote:I was wondering what they'd do as farming to max prestige from 0 at this point in the expac would be difficult. And as mentioned, there's a lot of catch up mechanics. The prestige system doesn't make a lot of sense for latecomers.
I'm wondering as well, I'm prestige 13, working toward the other rewards... I don't see an end to it, I'm more and more behind, and I'll have to spend the end of the expansion doing only pvp if I want to have all the rewards.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » September 6th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Baldulf wrote:FUME. I got all 4 the hard way.

How about old CE pets for 450g now, too?

EDIT FOR MORE: Ok, I fully realize this will make me sound like a whiny a-hole, but the more I think about this change, the angrier I get. Why should any of us work hard to attain difficult rewards that differentiate us from other players if they're going to be handed out for free a month later? Are they going to cut the price of Celestial Calf to 10k gold next?

OMG I AGREE, I spent 9 months doing all the PVP towers on BOTH side daily, this is really crappy and makes me re-think even wasting my life on this game. The pets this expansion have been by far the hardest and most time consuming to obtain, and I am a vanilla player so I know. I thought they wanted it that way so only the hardcore would collect them all!

I went to the first blizzcon and I remember way back then they said enchanting was suppose to be hard like going to instances just to learn recipes. They wanted it hard so I thought the pets was just them wanting us to put in the work all over again. Not put in the work and then give it freely to others.........

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » September 6th, 2017, 6:43 pm

Gilneas wrote: This is really the completely reasonable solution that anyone who was being unbiased and honest should have expected more or less. And it is perfectly ok. Someone getting a pet more "easily" has absolutely no impact on others who have the pet.
Ok, fine, then by your argument, I should be able to buy the 7 Diablo and WoW CE pets I'm missing for $15, or even 450g, each, right? That won't affect any of the people who bought those originally?

Those CE pets, the one Blizzcon I missed, and Murkimus are ALL I'm missing. I have EVERYTHING else, save a dozen or so 7.3 pets, which I'll have soon. I *do* care about the rankings on this site. That may be petty, but striving to be the best collector is the way I like to play this game.

There are players ahead of me who have CE pets I can't get without spending thousands of dollars. I made the choice to grind prestige, every WQ every weekday for seven months. It looked like some of the people ahead of me weren't going to bother doing that, so I was maybe picking up an edge. Now they've been handed one or more of those pets, essentially for free.

I'd like my free CE pets now, Blizz.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 6th, 2017, 9:33 pm

You act like that's ridiculous but it is totally true. Providing a new avenue for getting old promotional pets would not effect the people who already have them. They just erroneously think that it would. What someone else has is of no relevance to you. Nor is how they got it. It's not my logic. It's the truth, even if some people don't want to admit it.

It's also a bit silly to start acting like the prestige pets are some big achievement. They can be acquired simply by logging in and pressing a couple of buttons. Doing it twice was simply needlessly tedious. It was obviously something that should be account wide. And now it is. It's not some horrible slight to people who already had them. Other people can have them now too without the entirely unnecessary tedium of doing it twice. And that is perfectly ok. Has zero impact on anyone who already has them.

If you're a fan of tedium, as far as I can tell you still have to level an opposite faction character to buy the pets.

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » September 6th, 2017, 10:54 pm

It has relevance because there's a ranking, the same way what the Giants do has relevance to the Dodgers, or what Messi does has relevance to Ronaldo, or [insert your preferred ranking comparison here].

You say that earning the pets was not a big accomplishment, but you didn't do it, and I did. If it's no big accomplishment, and anyone could do it, then they would have, but by and large, they didn't. I completed approximately 750 world quests over seven months to earn my second prestige 7 pet. Today, it costs 450g, or approximately ONE world Quest. 750 is greater than one.

Abutabah
MVP
Pet Score:6771
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Abutabah » September 8th, 2017, 1:53 pm

I did the grind on my alliance alt and got to 7, and I'm prestige 6 rank 35 on my horde. I thought I'd be more upset, but honestly I would have done the pvp tower dailies anyways, for gear and ap. I'm just happy others now only have to do it once.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » September 8th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Gilneas wrote:You act like that's ridiculous but it is totally true. Providing a new avenue for getting old promotional pets would not effect the people who already have them. They just erroneously think that it would. What someone else has is of no relevance to you. Nor is how they got it. It's not my logic. It's the truth, even if some people don't want to admit it.

It's also a bit silly to start acting like the prestige pets are some big achievement. They can be acquired simply by logging in and pressing a couple of buttons. Doing it twice was simply needlessly tedious. It was obviously something that should be account wide. And now it is. It's not some horrible slight to people who already had them. Other people can have them now too without the entirely unnecessary tedium of doing it twice. And that is perfectly ok. Has zero impact on anyone who already has them.

If you're a fan of tedium, as far as I can tell you still have to level an opposite faction character to buy the pets.
I haven't been reading all the comments, but it would absolutely affect the people who already have them. There is a secondary market for Blizzcon items (not just pets), and old CE games. People pay lots of money to get them so giving them away for free is not a good idea nor would Blizzard do it. Have you seen Vanilla CE's? Over $3-5k each. Giving away items currently still obtainable is one thing, but giving away items no longer attainable is not something you would see Blizz do, really ever...

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 12th, 2017, 3:08 am

Woooot..

This means, I have to grind the second pet:)

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 12th, 2017, 7:43 am

I know what Blizz is like.

So, whilst I HAD leveled an opposite faction alt and done a little honour grinding with it, I didn't put much effort into it, knowing that this "might" happen. My BF is pvp mad so I knew if they didn't change it I could chain run battlegrounds with him to get it done quickly if need be.

It was a risk but I'm glad I took it!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420