Deadmine reward choice

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bandx
Pet Score:12182
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Deadmine reward choice

Post by Bandx » August 21st, 2017, 2:14 pm

Ok, once you've finished collecting enough for the three pets, I'm stymied as to whether I should buy the care package or save for the three token pet, knowing that it just will be a duplicate because it's not a cagable pet. Anyone got any rationale to share in making this choice?

Drlambda
Pet Score:5543
Realm:Arthas-eu

Re: Deadmine reward choice

Post by Drlambda » August 22nd, 2017, 3:41 am

If you're into pvp pet battling at all, both the [pet]Foe Reaper 0.9[/pet] and [pet]Tricorne[/pet] have multiple breeds available to them and are borderline playable in PVP.

The best breed for Tricorne is very likely the S/S breed - But the usual breed identifier addons will not be able to safely tell you if your Tricorne is P/S or S/S at level 1, so you might want to level it at least once.

The best breed for Foe Reaper is probably H/P because while the other breeds put some points in speed, it's still really slow even then.

So, if you are interested in PVP and don't have the best breeds for both pets, i'd invest the bottlecaps in those two until you have them. After that, i'd go for the package, although the rewards are really mediocre. I actually stopped doing Deadmines after i had everything i needed. It's still probably the reward you want to go for if you really enjoy doing the dungeon.
CloseToZero - Watch me lose on youtube with bad pets! :D

Bandx
Pet Score:12182
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Deadmine reward choice

Post by Bandx » August 22nd, 2017, 8:07 am

Dam - now that's the type of considered response one wants from a question. Thanks!

I do not find pvp all that interesting (which even to me is confusing). In these dungeons, I've gotten duplicate pets to do some of the fights (like I forgot to heal after Wailing Caverns and got to the end of Deadmines only to discover my top two pets dead yesterday) so rolling duplicates is reasonable. I wasn't paying attention to the breed type which I will go back and check on. Of the two, Deadmines is easiest. But once you have the pets from running it, I was concerned that anything more after that would be a waste of time with the reward pack. Wailing Caverns still has not dropped one needed pet and I'm thinking it's going to be like the Blingtron 6000 drops.