How do you perceive value of the pets in gold?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Re: How do you perceive value of the pets in gold?

Post by Nagini » September 23rd, 2017, 1:19 pm

I think once you reach spineclaw level of rareness, especially now that the timeless isle is a deadzone, you could literally write a CV, do applications and get a real-life minimum wage job to earn extra money to buy WoW-tokens to buy the crab in less time than it takes to see it drop.

I was farming that crab in current content, and while i was probebly unlucky, i spend easily over a 100h on it (between 3 - 14 hours of farming on a daily basis for three months). If you dont need it for the achievement, i can say from experience almost any gold-making method will be faster.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: How do you perceive value of the pets in gold?

Post by Badpathing » September 25th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Nagini wrote:I think once you reach spineclaw level of rareness, especially now that the timeless isle is a deadzone, you could literally write a CV, do applications and get a real-life minimum wage job to earn extra money to buy WoW-tokens to buy the crab in less time than it takes to see it drop.

I was farming that crab in current content, and while i was probebly unlucky, i spend easily over a 100h on it (between 3 - 14 hours of farming on a daily basis for three months). If you dont need it for the achievement, i can say from experience almost any gold-making method will be faster.
Which, is terrible news. I'm pretty proactive about achievements, but the "Bigger Bag" achieve has basically been shelved for me. With the changes to server hopping some patches ago, this seems pretty ridiculous to finish.