Time to get Ban-Fu the Monk pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu
Re: Time to get Ban-Fu the Monk pet

Post by Drudatz » June 30th, 2017, 1:24 pm

what also helps - if you havent done it yet - the suramar questline gives lots of ap at ak40.
yes that includes doing that stupid wretch scenario again but its worth the ap :D

PS: got my first dk pet 2 days ago and now Im working on the rest and then the monk.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 1st, 2017, 10:27 am

Necrophagist wrote:My main is my Enhance Shaman, I leveled my Druid, Warlock and Demon Hunter before I leveled my DK. Granted, I worked more on my DK than the other alts. The others aren't maxed out and their order halls aren't fully researched either and their ilvls are mediocre at best. I really only leveled my DK for the pets and by the time I got to it I had unlocked flying which made it go much quicker than it did with the previous alts. It also turned out I was having a bit more fun playing the DK than my Shaman so I put a little extra effort in the DK and now, aside from the points in concordance, those toons are about neck and neck with gear and content they can do. It also depends how much time anyone would want to or can dedicate to an alt.

Hopefully it's as quick to get the Monk up there for me >_< Ban'fu is adorable and that mount is really nice.

As for the PvP pets, yes, that's a bit much. PvPers already get some amazingly awesome mounts that anyone can be envious of and which I wish I could have, but now they get our pets too :cry: On top of that, I'm all Horde, I have 1 Alliance alt that I got to 90 something during the invasions pre Legion launch, I'm going to have to level her for sure after the Monk and PvP :cry: and my hunter needs leveled so I can do the Brawler's stuff for those pets too >_< I tried ages ago with my warlock and after the first few encounters I cursed it lol.

Yep I agree with you but may I make one suggestion?
When you do choose to level an alliance toon for the pvp pet make sure you choose a class with the ability to instant complete a world quest. This way you could at least choose one pvp area a day to do and get some pvp experience. It makes it a little more tolerable but still a long grind especially if you go after the prestige 7 pet. I am no where close to that yet

Necrophagist
Pet Score:9270
BattleTag®:SoFakinGreat#1218
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Necrophagist » July 1st, 2017, 3:34 pm

Digem wrote:
Necrophagist wrote:My main is my Enhance Shaman, I leveled my Druid, Warlock and Demon Hunter before I leveled my DK. Granted, I worked more on my DK than the other alts. The others aren't maxed out and their order halls aren't fully researched either and their ilvls are mediocre at best. I really only leveled my DK for the pets and by the time I got to it I had unlocked flying which made it go much quicker than it did with the previous alts. It also turned out I was having a bit more fun playing the DK than my Shaman so I put a little extra effort in the DK and now, aside from the points in concordance, those toons are about neck and neck with gear and content they can do. It also depends how much time anyone would want to or can dedicate to an alt.

Hopefully it's as quick to get the Monk up there for me >_< Ban'fu is adorable and that mount is really nice.

As for the PvP pets, yes, that's a bit much. PvPers already get some amazingly awesome mounts that anyone can be envious of and which I wish I could have, but now they get our pets too :cry: On top of that, I'm all Horde, I have 1 Alliance alt that I got to 90 something during the invasions pre Legion launch, I'm going to have to level her for sure after the Monk and PvP :cry: and my hunter needs leveled so I can do the Brawler's stuff for those pets too >_< I tried ages ago with my warlock and after the first few encounters I cursed it lol.

When you do choose to level an alliance toon for the pvp pet make sure you choose a class with the ability to instant complete a world quest. This way you could at least choose one pvp area a day to do and get some pvp experience. It makes it a little more tolerable but still a long grind especially if you go after the prestige 7 pet. I am no where close to that yet
Thank you for that tip! Would you know if a Warrior has that ability? I leveled a Draenei Warrior during the pre-Legion event to 91 >_< If they do have it then awesome. If not, I'll just deal with it >_<

Also, update: I got my [pet]Vilebrood Whelpling[/pet] about an hour ago after completing a handful of AP WQs and a couple rewarded from an order hall mission. Right afterwards I started on the Blood artifact :)

[url=https://ibb.co/jsKJtQ]Image[/url]
[url=https://imgbb.com/]upload image free google[/url]

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » July 3rd, 2017, 12:31 am

My main, Minivivi, is a Draenei fury Warrior and she has the "free" WQ option every 18 hours. It like a wee present every day.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » July 3rd, 2017, 4:04 am

Warriors, Paladins and Warlocks have the class hall ability to complete 1 WQ every 18 hours as far as i know. Demon hunters might, but I'm not sure on them.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » July 3rd, 2017, 10:11 am

Nagini wrote:Warriors, Paladins and Warlocks have the class hall ability to complete 1 WQ every 18 hours as far as i know. Demon hunters might, but I'm not sure on them.
DK as well

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » July 3rd, 2017, 10:48 am

GrosBonda wrote:
Nagini wrote:Warriors, Paladins and Warlocks have the class hall ability to complete 1 WQ every 18 hours as far as i know. Demon hunters might, but I'm not sure on them.
DK as well
Also mages do too and demon hunters do have that talent

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » July 3rd, 2017, 10:51 am

Necrophagist wrote:
Digem wrote:

Thank you for that tip! Would you know if a Warrior has that ability? I leveled a Draenei Warrior during the pre-Legion event to 91 >_< If they do have it then awesome. If not, I'll just deal with it >_<

Also, update: I got my [pet]Vilebrood Whelpling[/pet] about an hour ago after completing a handful of AP WQs and a couple rewarded from an order hall mission. Right afterwards I started on the Blood artifact :)

[url=https://ibb.co/jsKJtQ]Image[/url]
[url=https://imgbb.com/]upload image free google[/url]

Demon hunters have that talent from their class hall and why it is a good option for going after the pvp pets. As they are 100 when done with starting zone, have the instant complete talent and are very good in pvp anyway.

Jboz1967
Pet Score:6453
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Jboz1967 » July 3rd, 2017, 4:58 pm

A thought for those who don't main a monk but want the pet: I kept all the AP tokens on my monk that were above 1 million until after I upgraded my class order hall the final time. That's the perk that sometimes doubles your token value. You won't know exactly how many AP you will need (because the proc is RNG) but it will be less in total. I clicked three and a half bags full of tokens after the upgrade.

That last class order upgrade has a 5-day cool down, so this isn't the fastest technique possible, but I think it is probably the one with the least time played on the monk toon.

Happy collecting!

D

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » July 4th, 2017, 10:48 am

do we know exactly what to do after reaching 110 ? on the monk.
I cant really spare time on not needed stuff , since i have to do rogue and DK at the same time

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 4th, 2017, 2:15 pm

There's a lot you can do that's relevant. #1 is finish your 7.0 campaign. Especially critical for rogue since that puts Crackers a short chain away. You also have to do the Legionfall campaign as that unlocks the mount chain. Don't really need to rush it though, since you need to get all that AP eventually and getting the mount chain done early doesn't make that go any faster. Legionfall starts with Khadgar asking you to the landing to participate in the Broken Shore attack scenario.

It's also helpful to work on Suramar. At AK40 that will cover a lot of your needed AP. Helpful if you have other characters that are exalted with Nightfallen and send you BoA rep insignia (letting you skip the rep hating on that chain).

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » July 6th, 2017, 10:18 pm

ack, thanks for reminding me of the boa rep tokens; i've simply used them on the toons wasting them; but then I have these new toons monk / dk with no progress in Suramar and no rep.

So send tokens to them and do the suramar emissary whenever you can and get suramar rep from the kirin tor emissary.

At AK40 the AP is crazy for that chain; might be worth it, still considering :)

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » July 7th, 2017, 12:00 am

If you aren't in a rush, 7.3 will raise AK cap to AK50.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=267181/artifact-knowledge-changes-in-patch-7-3

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » July 7th, 2017, 8:18 am

With the changes on the PTR, by my calculations it will take 11 of the blue quest which gives 16 mill ap today to get to 52. Although it looks like it will be awhile before we get there, probably late fall before we reach the new cap.

Also we don't have to research knowledge anymore, everyone will be at the same knowledge level from the moment they hit 110.

_

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » July 7th, 2017, 9:42 am

Flow wrote:With the changes on the PTR, by my calculations it will take 11 of the blue quest which gives 16 mill ap today to get to 52. Although it looks like it will be awhile before we get there, probably late fall before we reach the new cap.

Also we don't have to research knowledge anymore, everyone will be at the same knowledge level from the moment they hit 110.

_

Yep we won't be research artifact knowledge anymore but instead learn a knew knowledge once a week so it will take us 11 weeks to max out