Search/sorting somone elses pets now that Armory changed?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us
Search/sorting somone elses pets now that Armory changed?

Post by Deviantelf » June 3rd, 2017, 12:34 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place! But it is regarding collecting. If it needs to be moved or deleted no worries!

I can't be bothered to fuss with selling pets on the AH usually, especially if they aren't wroth a lot. Since I was gifted some pets when I started out and some along the way, I like to give my extras away to someone I know or some random person who was nice to me and then I'll ask if they collect pets and if so yay!

Before I could just pull them up on the Armory and search for all the extras and mail them off with a letter or just trade them easy. No more :(. They're sorted by level now and that's it, and even if I wanted to slog through all the loading more pages and such, if they've been renamed some have similar models it's up in the air which pet it is as far as I can tell. Someone suggested I could compare our pets on this site which is great and I plan to do ... but they do have to be on the site and updated. :)

Anyone know of any other way to stalk a characters pets and search by name of pet?

And a side note, I REALLY miss the filters the armory had. I level up pets for my husband now and then to level my alts, especially ones I can use my extra stones on for raring or leveling and that's now a major hassle. At least I can do it on site here, but it's quite the hassle slogging through his pets to find one (check if I'm not sure) trade-able and check it's breed if I don't know off hand. Not knocking the site at all! I would love it if the site did all the filter/search able stuff for a characters pets but imagine it would be quite the project and what not to implement.

So thanks for listening to my frustrations and if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to do what I want please let me know!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Search/sorting somone elses pets now that Armory changed

Post by Gráinne » June 3rd, 2017, 2:11 am

I'm afraid Blizzard have simply removed all ability to use the Pets page for a character. People have already pointed this out on the appropriate News page, and please feel free to add to that, in case requests might change their minds:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20634739/your-new-profile-page-is-here

I would love to find any site that had a functional armoury that we could use, not just for pets, but for all the other functionality that has been removed. The information is still available in the Blizzard WoW API, so it should be possible.

For pets, though, we are lucky enough to have just one resource: the excellent petsear.ch

http://petsear.ch/Pets

To my knowledge, it is the only remaining usable source that allows us to search or filter people's pets. I'd love to hear if there is another.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 3rd, 2017, 2:29 am

For @Deviantelf's purpose a [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15749]Pet Magpie[/url] may seem pretty nice, not only giving a list of pets one has > 1 in the journal, but also, as being explicitly dedicated to trading, it has custom features one would need for that purpose. It's a bit slow at the moment but I don't complain. :)

[url=https://wow-pets.com]Wow Pets[/url] is an older website, with a lower refreshing rate, so not for real-time decisions. However, it has not only trade utilities but also nice trivia such as a list of double counters for a given pet (EDIT: Incorrect though -- it includes non-damaging abilities as they were damaging ones, giving out some false positives).

I still miss Rufa's website. :(

DC: I hope my post isn't offensive towards Warcraft Pets and I have no intention of containing such message, as in question there are features that are currently out of its scope.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Deviantelf » June 4th, 2017, 1:10 am

Thank you both for the suggestions! I will definitely check those sites out.

From a quick first look, Personal Pets looks perfect, especially since I love spreadsheets!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Spreadsheets are good. :) They really helped a lot when I was finishing and shaping my collection.

Paladance, I miss Rufa's site too.

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » June 4th, 2017, 2:42 pm

As it happens, I'm developing a tool that allows exactly what you're asking :-)
It's not released yet, but send me a PM or mail and I can give you access to it. And at the same time I might get some nice feedback on it while it's in development :D

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 6th, 2017, 11:01 am

Blizz "may" have backtracked it seems, looking at this blue post from yesterday:
Baardoch, from our Web & Mobile team, wanted to take a moment to update you all on the progress of the Profile/Armory feature of the official website. The team has been actively reviewing and compiling community feedback from the official site, forums, fansites and forums, and committing code against it. Below you will find a quick bullet-point list of some of the items that we have updated since our May 9th launch.

Added support for Hunter stable pets
Added basic filters for Collections (Pets & Mounts)
Added support for multiple talent specifications and tooltip support
Fixed a bug preventing regular raids from showing as incomplete due to a Heroic-only boss not being killed
Fixed a bug preventing character title from displaying properly

Additionally, we've made some minor tweaks and quality of life improvements to address some bug fixes on different devices and browsers. The team continues to work on new features and improving the existing ones. As more features and changes are released, we will be posting additional updates as appropriate. We appreciate your feedback as we work to support this important feature.
I've just checked and you can once again filter collected/uncollected pets on the armoury! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420