Whew - no new prestige pets in season 4

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us
Whew - no new prestige pets in season 4

Post by Baldulf » May 16th, 2017, 5:00 pm

For those who haven't noticed yet (and I'm sorry if this was posted and has fallen off the first page), wowhead posted the Legion PvP Season 4 rewards, and there are NO pets:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=264043/legion-pvp-season-4-prestige-rewards-and-order-revealed

Thank. God.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Whew - no new prestige pets in season 4

Post by Milotha » May 16th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Thank you pet gods!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » May 16th, 2017, 7:15 pm

woot!! best news so far today :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » May 16th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Unfortunately for me, I'm even more hardcore about collecting mounts :cry: - going to be stuck doing towers forever!

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » May 16th, 2017, 11:13 pm

I do not understand why people are happy that more content is not being added? The prestige 'grind' is nothing compared to having to level all three DK specs to 52ap for three pets.

Belcanzor
Pet Score:7517
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Belcanzor » May 17th, 2017, 1:18 am

I was relieved about this too. My big worry is that Blizz has not explained what they will do with the prestige grind at the end of the xpac. My worry is that they just reset the whole thing and any pet/mount you didn't get will be forever lost. I am doing the pets but have given up on the mounts because I am not hardcore PVP.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » May 17th, 2017, 3:07 am

I think that is the big difference between the class hall and the prestige grind: You have to do it this expac. While going back to do old content when there are shiny new pets to be gotten is not a great thing, at least it means i can take 2 more years to level my DK to 110....

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » May 17th, 2017, 3:42 am

Nelaphim wrote:I do not understand why people are happy that more content is not being added? The prestige 'grind' is nothing compared to having to level all three DK specs to 52ap for three pets.
Because the PvP grind is dual faction, most likely limited to this expansion, and if you're only doing WQ quite a long grind. 3 maxed artifacts won't be all too bad once we get AK50 that one is just a waiting game.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » May 18th, 2017, 4:37 pm

I'm 90 days or so from finishing the PVP grind....the DK grind will be 10 days per pet...30 days total (after AK 50).

Not even close and remember the PVP pets are both factions.

I guess if I was good at it the grind would be no big deal but for me its a slog lol.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 19th, 2017, 12:27 am

Nelaphim wrote:I do not understand why people are happy that more content is not being added? The prestige 'grind' is nothing compared to having to level all three DK specs to 52ap for three pets.
I would be careful about calling a reward alone as content. There are the same things to do over and over, the only new feature is Brawl. From a raider's perspective, imagine what would happen if there were no new raids forever.
Belcanzor wrote:My big worry is that Blizz has not explained what they will do with the prestige grind at the end of the xpac. My worry is that they just reset the whole thing and any pet/mount you didn't get will be forever lost.
Ditto. While the features itself are pretty stale, the reward system is another story. Justice points? Conquest points? We've almost forgotten about these, there still are Baradin or Krasarang currencies but they have no equivalent in Legion… Timeworn Artifacts maybe? :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507