My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

SCRAPS

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Minivivi
MVP
 
Posts: 67
Joined: January 26th, 2015
Pet Score: 5369
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

SCRAPS

Postby Minivivi » April 12th, 2017, 10:42 am

I finished the quest this morning. After opening many, many chests Scraps finally dropped. http://www.wowhead.com/item=146953/scraps#comments

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5352
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Quintessence » April 12th, 2017, 11:31 am

I'm just about to head out and gamble away all my Nethershards to try for Scraps too.

Good news is that there only appears to be one breed for Scraps. So unless you're in need of 3, only really need to get one drop. ^^;

GL to everyone trying for this pet! May RNG be kind :)
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Darkchyld
 
Posts: 145
Joined: December 31st, 2014
Pet Score: 5285
BattleTag®: Darkchyld#1345
Realm: Tichondrius-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Darkchyld » April 12th, 2017, 1:19 pm

I did "We're treasure hunters" yesterday, any idea when the last quest will pop? It's not up for me today, but I had an off day before "We're treasure hunters".

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5352
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Quintessence » April 12th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Darkchyld wrote:I did "We're treasure hunters" yesterday, any idea when the last quest will pop? It's not up for me today, but I had an off day before "We're treasure hunters".


The last quest that allowed me to access the vendor, keys, and chests popped up the day after I completed We're Treasure Hunters.

Be sure to zoom in on the Broken Shore map as there's also a Pet Battle WQ right there that might be obscuring the quest marker.
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Minivivi
MVP
 
Posts: 67
Joined: January 26th, 2015
Pet Score: 5369
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Minivivi » April 12th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Darkchyld wrote:I did "We're treasure hunters" yesterday, any idea when the last quest will pop? It's not up for me today, but I had an off day before "We're treasure hunters".


The last quest that allowed me to access the vendor, keys, and chests popped up the day after I completed We're Treasure Hunters.

Be sure to zoom in on the Broken Shore map as there's also a Pet Battle WQ right there that might be obscuring the quest marker.


I could not see the quest until I entered the area for the World Quest. It was hidden on the map under the World Quest icon as Quintessence noted.

User avatar
Hearte
MVP
 
Posts: 21
Joined: February 6th, 2014
Pet Score: 5166
Realm: Cenarius-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Hearte » April 12th, 2017, 7:32 pm

2000 Nethershards is a pretty hefty price tag for these, but if you take your alts through the quest chain, that's 2 nearly free keys per character.

Sharna
 
Posts: 6
Joined: July 11th, 2009
Pet Score: 5167
Realm: Quel'Thalas-EU

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Sharna » April 12th, 2017, 11:34 pm

I got mine today... from the very first chest I opened. It makes a welcome change from all the times I've had to wait for pets, mounts and toys to drop. :)

User avatar
Darkchyld
 
Posts: 145
Joined: December 31st, 2014
Pet Score: 5285
BattleTag®: Darkchyld#1345
Realm: Tichondrius-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Darkchyld » April 13th, 2017, 12:24 am

Hearte wrote:2000 Nethershards is a pretty hefty price tag for these, but if you take your alts through the quest chain, that's 2 nearly free keys per character.

Yeah, but you earn some back while you play. I had 9k shards ready to use for the pet, ended up buying 2 after the 2 free ones when I got the pet and ended up at 12k shards.

User avatar
Mirith
 
Posts: 42
Joined: August 4th, 2016
Pet Score: 4993
Realm: Stormrage-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Mirith » April 13th, 2017, 9:15 am

Darkchyld wrote:
Hearte wrote:2000 Nethershards is a pretty hefty price tag for these, but if you take your alts through the quest chain, that's 2 nearly free keys per character.

Yeah, but you earn some back while you play. I had 9k shards ready to use for the pet, ended up buying 2 after the 2 free ones when I got the pet and ended up at 12k shards.

The chests I opened ranged from 1 to 2K in terms of shards. I think they will always have some shards. I had good luck initially but then it started going down hill.

User avatar
Milotha
Top Rater
 
Posts: 312
Joined: February 25th, 2013
Pet Score: 5220
BattleTag®: milotha#1158
Realm: Silver Hand-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Milotha » April 14th, 2017, 4:12 am

I spent about 34k in shards, and didn't get him, but then again I usually don't get things on the first chest. This is like saying water is wet for me.
Image

User avatar
Harpooha
 
Posts: 18
Joined: November 7th, 2016
Pet Score: 5068
Realm: Aggramar-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Harpooha » April 14th, 2017, 5:39 am

Went into the cave. Only had a little over 5k shards to start with. Opened several chests. I kept getting just enough shards to keep going back. But like a gambler at the craps table, I was losing more than I was winning. Finally crapped out and had to leave the cave.

Picked up a few shards afterwards and noticed the WQ was still up and it was asking for 100 shards. Went back in, got the key and Scraps dropped off that chest. Sometimes you have to leave the table to change your luck :)

Wish that was Howl instead of Superbark.

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
 
Posts: 446
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 5287
Realm: Lightbringer-EU

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Mehetabel » April 14th, 2017, 6:35 am

I've opened about 4 chests so far and no pet yet. :(

I seem to be having awful luck with RNG pets this expac . . . :roll:
Image

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5286
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Peanutty » April 14th, 2017, 1:25 pm

At least Scraps is tradeable, so if you really don't want to blow through all your shards (I'm saving them for other things) at least you can buy one off someone else.

I didn't know it was available yet until one showed up in my mail. :)

User avatar
Dalandius
 
Posts: 44
Joined: November 9th, 2014
Pet Score: 5309
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Dalandius » April 16th, 2017, 9:10 am

If you are short on shards (or want to spend them on something else) you can go back each day and get a key for 100 shards. It shows up like the world quests do.
Not sure if it comes up everyday or more than once a day, but it as the two days I have looked.

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
 
Posts: 446
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 5287
Realm: Lightbringer-EU

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Mehetabel » April 16th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Grabbed one for 6k on the AH. I'm not a patient person! :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Milotha
Top Rater
 
Posts: 312
Joined: February 25th, 2013
Pet Score: 5220
BattleTag®: milotha#1158
Realm: Silver Hand-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Milotha » April 16th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Grabbed one for 6k on the AH. I'm not a patient person! :lol: :lol:


Same here. Small enough amount of gold, and it ended the endless no scraps for you chests.
Image

User avatar
Ganksinatra
 
Posts: 16
Joined: December 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 4144
Realm: Alterac Mountains-US

Re: SCRAPS

Postby Ganksinatra » April 16th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Got for 5k on the AH today, certainly better than burning through all my shards.


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

cron