Poor Unfortunate Souls (Lagan Pet) run

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Re: Poor Unfortunate Souls (Lagan Pet) run

Post by FuxieDK » July 13th, 2017, 10:56 am

I do have a 890 Alliance Unholy DK, but I'm not good at playing him and he's not gemmed/enchanted..

If I were to join on him, I would need a pocket healer ;)

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » July 13th, 2017, 12:19 pm

I have a 905 ret paladin on alliance US, if anyone is interested in making a group. Hit me up any time.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » July 14th, 2017, 11:18 am

Paladance, I don't have a mic either on this toaster I'm currently using. I should so something about that ...

I saw some comment somewhere about having one member turn off the boulders. Do they stop when someone gets to the top?

As for timing, I'm in no particular hurry. So long as it happens at some point...

So we have tentative party of tank, heals, and 1 maybe 2 dps. I can think of someone to invite, but he's not really a collector, and if we can get it for another collector that'd be great.

Nixxis
MVP
Pet Score:7598
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Nixxis » July 14th, 2017, 12:02 pm

If anyone is interested in doing this on Alliance characters, I still need it. I have tried with guildies twice and our poor healer just can't stay alive (she is not as motivated by the pet as me lol) and it's getting frustrating. I am an experienced warlock with ilevel 903. Battle tag Nixxis#1669. Thanks! :)

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 14th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Gráinne wrote:So we have tentative party of tank, heals, and 1 maybe 2 dps. I can think of someone to invite, but he's not really a collector, and if we can get it for another collector that'd be great.
Well I could join as either 910 dps, or 887 blood dk tank if you need a fifth pet collector (that is horde ofc) :D

Jexxi
Pet Score:11321
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Jexxi » July 14th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Nixxis wrote:If anyone is interested in doing this on Alliance characters, I still need it. I have tried with guildies twice and our poor healer just can't stay alive (she is not as motivated by the pet as me lol) and it's getting frustrating. I am an experienced warlock with ilevel 903. Battle tag Nixxis#1669. Thanks! :)
Are you my twin? :D I'm interested in pewpewing things for Lagan as well. US/Alliance.

Heilkraft
Top Rater
Pet Score:5341
BattleTag®:Stephalopod#1539
Realm:Andorhal-us

Post by Heilkraft » July 14th, 2017, 5:17 pm

US-Horde 927 Hpriest LF group for this achievement. Please add Stephalopod#1539

edit: completed thanks to friends and the warcraft pets discord, thanks :)

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » July 14th, 2017, 9:03 pm

I make the following possible partial teams:

EU Alliance Gráinne Tank. Ni Heals, Paladance DPS, maybe Fuxie DPS, maybe Flohsakk DPS

EU Horde Drudatz Tank, maybe Fuxie DPS, maybe Flohsakk DPS

US Alliance Nixxis Jexxi Emarka Hayleqwyn DPS

US Horde ... er, no-one now that Heilkraft got it almost immmediately.

/blink
We may actually have a group for EU Alliance, if Fuxie and Flohsakk want to try with their Ally characters?

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 15th, 2017, 1:38 am

Gráinne wrote:I make the following possible partial teams:

EU Alliance Gráinne Tank. Ni Heals, Paladance DPS, maybe Fuxie DPS, maybe Flohsakk DPS

EU Horde Drudatz Tank, maybe Fuxie DPS, maybe Flohsakk DPS

US Alliance Nixxis Jexxi Emarka Hayleqwyn DPS

US Horde ... er, no-one now that Heilkraft got it almost immmediately.

/blink
We may actually have a group for EU Alliance, if Fuxie and Flohsakk want to try with their Ally characters?
I can give it a go, but as mentioned, healer needs to be extra reponsive, as I'm no superman with DK or melee in general ;)

On the other hand, what is there to Loose by trying, compared to NOT trying, except maybe for a "lost" week, worth of lockouts?

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 15th, 2017, 4:00 am

:) any specific Discord channel, Gráinne? Or do we sneak onto the WPets one? Perhaps you started to look for people there, didn't you?
We can contact anyway, just to sort it out in my head.

EDIT: I don't need either. I've just assumed it might be important for someone. Need to chill out a bit. :)
Last edited by Paladance on July 15th, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » July 15th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Paladance, we might be getting close to an EU Ally group.

As I said before, I'm not in any rush. It'll happen at some point.

I don't see any need for a Discord channel, but then I'm not in Discord culture.

If we can all get together, we can just do it.

Maybe a practice run first, on Normal?

I don't see lockouts as a problem? Except BRH HC, if someone dies to boulders? Am I missing something?

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » July 15th, 2017, 10:00 pm

So I just walked BRH HC looking for places people can die.

The boulders do stop when you get to the top, and I deliberately let myself get hit 4 times (and 2 more due to stuns) and came away fine, so to avoid any risk there, I can just go first and stop them before anyone else could get hit.

Those Risen Arcanists that Illysanna calls hit MUCH harder than the dungeon journal says on HC. Their Arcane Blitz was hitting over a million. That got me, because I wasn't focusing and interrupting after she came back, and single tank DPS wasn't up to the job of burning them down, but should be OK with a party that is aware.

At least it gave me an opportunity to confirm that the candle buff can't be re-applied. If someone dies, we'll just have to treat it as a practice run and go again next day.

Those fel bats feel bad. :) Should be ok unless someone squishy gets separated tho. The trash is trashy but so long as everyone has decent health and we're not rushing nothing else before the last boss looks dangerous.

I think everyone is 880+, so health should be OK.

If someone dies, we just go again next day. :)

I think all in this thread who are still interested? I did catch Flohsakk, but he was in TW BT, and missed him after. And Rosqo offered as well in the EU thread.

How does Sun evening work for everyone for our first attempt?

Emarka
Pet Score:11024
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Emarka » July 15th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Forgot to mention my bnet tag: EmptyLogic#1117. If anyone wants to do a US Alliance group, shoot me a message and I'll bring along my 905 ret pally. I'm also lurking in the discord under the name Judgment, if you wanna message me there.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 16th, 2017, 8:49 am

Gráinne wrote:How does Sun evening work for everyone for our first attempt?
You mean tonight?
I probably won't be home before 22 or 23 CET.. It's my birthday, so it would be nice with a new pet, but I think GF will not appreciate if I stay at home, when we have reserved a table at a restaurant.. :shock: :shock:

Tuesday before 16 CET and all of Wednesday or Thursday will be fine for me..
Friday, I leave for a week's vacation on Malta..

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 16th, 2017, 9:15 am

Gráinne wrote:So I just walked BRH HC looking for places people can die.
Is it (still) possible to do BRH on HC?

If so, we can place the Group right outside MoS and use Dungeon Finder to queue for BRH, which means, after BRH is completed, travel time is reduced to 1 second and no risk of death due to over-earger people when travelling..
.....and risk of dying in BRH is mych less on HC than Myth...

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » July 16th, 2017, 9:18 am

FuxieDK wrote:I probably won't be home before 22 or 23 CET.. It's my birthday, so it would be nice with a new pet, but I think GF will not appreciate if I stay at home, when we have reserved a table at a restaurant.. :shock: :shock:
You mean there are things that take priority over PETS?? :shock: :shock:

OK so here's the current state as I have it at this moment

I would like to get a run in before reset

I will try to make whatever time can be agreed. (I haven't put groups together for a while. I had forgotten why I hate it. :) )
All times server time.
Rosqo is available 7-9ish Mon
Paladance seems available those times
Ni seems available those times
Fuxie is out for Mon/Tues 7-9
Lazey = Flohsakk says Mon 5-9 pm, not sure about Tues.

P.S. Is earlier better for people? I never thought to ask about earlier Monday
Last edited by Gráinne on July 16th, 2017, 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » July 16th, 2017, 9:21 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Gráinne wrote:So I just walked BRH HC looking for places people can die.
Is it (still) possible to do BRH on HC?

If so, we can place the Group right outside MoS and use Dungeon Finder to queue for BRH, which means, after BRH is completed, travel time is reduced to 1 second and no risk of death due to over-earger people when travelling..
.....and risk of dying in BRH is mych less on HC than Myth...
Yes, and furthermore you can clear trash to the first boss in MoS M, run out, queue BRH, return and just run to MoS first boss immediately, saving a few minutes. It's in WH comments.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » July 16th, 2017, 10:38 am

OK, so to go over the basics of the run.

I consider this a trial run. If we actually get the achievement first time, that's a bonus, but if not we can try again after reset.

We are overgeared just to complete the dungeons, so that's not in question. But we're not crushingly overgeared, and there are plenty of places where someone can die, and that's what we want to avoid. And since we don't know what each other is likely to do, we are effectively an LFG group the first time.

I'll bring a buff feast, but healer may want water. If Rosqo is in on mage, can use that.
Flasks can't hurt.
I think, considering the achievement, and that we have no warlock, it would be good for people to bring a supply of Ancient Healing Potions just in case.

We meet at Maw of Souls entrance. We set to Mythic, and clear trash before first boss, but do not pull the boss. :P

We run out, queue as party for BRH HC.

We zone in, buff up. Ready check. I take light to start clock.

We have 30 minutes to finish BRH. That's enough time, so no need to rush.
- Pull one pack at a time.
- Second boss is a danger spot. Burst boss, Interrupt and Focus Arcane add when boss flies off. Don't stand in the laser beam :)
- I will run up stairs first to stop boulders (and surely derp and get stunned, :) but it won't kill me.)

When we zone out, we will be back at MoS entrance, and according to that comment, the trash will not have respawned.

While I think there are only a couple of dangerous spots in BRH, there are lots in MoS. My money is on either the trash between Harbaron and Helya, or some of the effects in the Helya encounter itself to pick someone off. Interrupt everything, priority the fear Bone Chilling Scream!

If someone dies, we keep going, and we'll use that as practice for next time.

Timers:
30 min to clear BRH
10 min to kill first boss MoS
15 min to kill second boss MoS

If people want to walk through them first on Normal to get familiar and build some co-ordination, I'd like that, but I don't insist on it.

Please add any other comments or tips below!

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » July 16th, 2017, 12:55 pm

As you said going into MoS m0, cleaning trash before boss is a good thing to do, it avoid travels and helps.

BRH :
Even if you shouldn't have any difficulties, it won't hurt to know.

First trash : dispel the debuff on player (it stacks) / interrupt the healing

First boss : never face the group / avoid it's aoe (even tank, if not = debuff which put more dmg) / move away from the scythe it launch at you / avoid to drop the "circle like" debuff on your team mate (and don't go in front of the boss) / kill banshee
spiders : don't walk on the void or you'll stack a big debuff (dispel the tank)
trash before 2nd boss : kill elem > interrupt arcanist and kill him > others (never in front of the champion, it stomp / stun)

2nd boss : move out of the void she drop when she charge you / tank have to use active mitigation (or he will stack a debuff) / if you have enough dps burn boss, otherwise, focus arcanist when she fly / kitting her blast
before trash : avoid boulders, if you aren't comfortable about it, let someone who know do it
trash : be carefull of the big demon, when they are under 30% they enrage
2nd boulders phase
trash : be carefull, the bats will focus someone, kill them fast / stun... etc

3rd Boss : Don't be charge several time (he charges the person who is far away) / avoid aoe
trash : move out of the aoe to avoid being stun

last boss : in p1, move out of the blade / avoid big ray - p2 pack on the boss when you have the insect on you (to help tank & meles)/ avoid smoke (it puts you to sleep) / avoid rays when he vanish

MoS :

First boss : nothing special, avoid his aoe (it fears) / pack boss after the 2nd one to have the adds near the tank
trashs : interrupt heal / move away from ghost mob (when they vanish) / avoid barrel / burst the lantern guy / don't be in front of the big guy / the last 2 focus one but interrupt both cast (it fears)

2nd boss : avoid scythe (he focus one person and launch toward her) / avoid aoe / add : kill and interrupt the lonely one - stun and aoe the 4 (don't let them move away, the biggest distance between the person they poped from and them, the biggest damages)
trash : be really carefull, you have to stun / interrupt the healing - fear, especially the fear (or you will aggro other packs) / move away from the trashs that move and cleave in front of them.
mini boss : interrupt his cast / aoe mob but prio dps him

Helya :
Helya is the one that can kill you, be carefull of the holes in the ship / don't be near the hole (tentacle might pop and kill you before the tank gets to it).
During p1 (tentacle phase) be aware of her cast, she launch a spell that bolt half the ship (it shouldn't kill you on m0, but avoid it anyway)
Dispel the debuff on the player (the more it stays on him, the more it hurts), and move away from the void when it's dispelled.
During p2 beware of her breath, she cast it on 1/3 of the ship, if you don't move away fast enough, you'll die.

On a side note :
avoid talent / trinket / legendaries you can't predict (some of them aoe - spread and might cause your party to wipe if you pull a pack, especially in MoS)
exemple : the desolate host trinket for caster, a big pain / some fire mage - unholy dk - drood talents and legendaries

Take your time, it's a timer, but, you shouldn't fail because you took too much time, but because one person die, if you are unsure pull pack by pack, wait for cd for boss.. etc (obviously don't wait 5min for a bl cd)

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 16th, 2017, 1:03 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Gráinne wrote:How does Sun evening work for everyone for our first attempt?
You mean tonight?
I probably won't be home before 22 or 23 CET.. It's my birthday, so it would be nice with a new pet, but I think GF will not appreciate if I stay at home, when we have reserved a table at a restaurant.. :shock: :shock:
Ups... Home a bit earlier than expected :)

I'm online now, if need be, so feel free to b.net invite me..