7.2 class pets questions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sonso
Pet Score:13748
Realm:Exodar-us
7.2 class pets questions

Post by Sonso » March 7th, 2017, 9:00 am

So am I right to assume that not ALL classes will have a pet? Some will have other things instead? The mage reward for example? Do we know yet what each class will have? I can deal with it if it's only DKs, Monk and Rogue. Quite the struggle but am working on them now so I'll be ready.
One more thing do I have to complete the entire Suramar quest line on the alts or will Pathfinder 2 on my main be good enough?
Thanks for your time.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: 7.2 class pets questions

Post by Quintessence » March 7th, 2017, 9:20 am

Sonso wrote:So am I right to assume that not ALL classes will have a pet?
It would seem that way, for now.

Classes getting pets in 7.2:
  • Death Knight
  • Monk
  • Rogue
Classes getting misc rewards in 7.2:
  • Mage (a toy to use with your battle pets)
  • Demon Hunter (an Illidan-themed Pepe)
  • Hunter (new tame ability, access to a new type of hunter pet)
  • I think the rest of the classes get additional mount colors
It's hard to say if other classes will also receive pets and/or toys in future patches. We'll have to wait and see.
Sonso wrote:One more thing do I have to complete the entire Suramar quest line on the alts or will Pathfinder 2 on my main be good enough?
I believe you can complete [url=http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=11446/broken-isles-pathfinder-part-two]Pathfinder 2[/url] on your main character (should be account-wide).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sonso

Post by Sonso » March 7th, 2017, 6:23 pm

Thanks! I dreaded having to complete the entire Suramar thing. And as you say, time will tell on the rest. Thanks for the reply. Funniest thing is my main is a warlock and I never get near any mob or boss if I can help it. Whew! I have respect for melee classes now! :lol:

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » March 10th, 2017, 10:55 pm

It may be worth doing the Suramar quest line for the AP you get from the zone. With the AK boost you can buy, the rewards are very worth it, especially with classes like the DK where you have to max out all three specs.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » March 11th, 2017, 10:47 am

Ebil wrote:It may be worth doing the Suramar quest line for the AP you get from the zone. With the AK boost you can buy, the rewards are very worth it, especially with classes like the DK where you have to max out all three specs.
I'd add that waiting to do Suramar at LEAST until AK 24 is prudent. There is a huge spike between 23 and 24 in terms of AP multipliers. And of course, waiting until 25 is also the best right now.

Then again...

for my alts, I'm waiting for 7.2 to do Suramar @ AK 50 or whatever the new top will be. Suramar will be an AP gold mine.

Sonso

Post by Sonso » March 12th, 2017, 9:00 am

I agree that Suramar has a lot of AP. I was thinking about the entire quest chain when I asked the question. I know it would be smarter to wait until 7.2 but I've had some fun getting these guys ready to go. I had to bribe my son to get me through the dungeon parts! (heh I sent him pets and gold for a token) He doesn't play that much but has a nice little warrior tank that gets the job done. With us going in as a party they can't kick me no matter how awful I am.

I was a bit bored with my main since she is about as max'd as I'll get her. After I got over crying and fussing about the AP grind I realized it is doable. I was fortunate to have one of each class at 110 and their order halls open. I have huge sympathy for those that have to grind through from level 1. It's a lot to do for a pet.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 13th, 2017, 1:57 pm

A new question regarding 7.2 pets: This [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5z3fup/the_amount_of_traits_you_need_in_715_to_get/deuzhtx/]reddit post[/url] makes it sound as if we need weapon level 52 for Power Ascended as opposed to weapon level 43.
Note about maxing 7.2 weapons: Before you start off on your 'infinite' trait, to get all the Empowered Traits, to get all 4th traits etc. requires 51 traits (1,708,766,330 or 1.7B AP), to get your first infinite trait with that (since that's just a straight increase between 0 proc and 2000 proc etc.) is 52 traits (2,228,766,330 or 2.2B AP). From scratch a character with 50 AK would need 8.075 500 AP tokens to get to rank 52 (So at AK 25, they are like 125k AP and you get one from a normal raid boss kill right now in 7.1.5 and in Mythic+ you get two of these tokens). To fully max out one single weapon at 50 AK from scratch would require Level 101 (865,842,644,766,330 or 865.84 Trillion AP - that would require 3,137,099 base 500 AP tokens.....).
The wording is messing with my head - Are they saying that to reach the first point in the "infinite" trait you need to have filled out EVERY trait prior to it? 3/3 traits turn into 3/4 in 7.2, and it's unclear if we need to fill those out to unlock the final trait.

Or is this simply an example of what it would look like to fully max out an artifact weapon? In other words, all 4/4 traits are not necessary for the final trait to appear (and to achieve Power Ascended).

Can anyone clarify? Has anyone tested this on the PTR?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » March 13th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Quintessence wrote:A new question regarding 7.2 pets: This redditpost makes it sound as if we need weapon level 52 for Power Ascended as opposed to weapon level 43.
Note about maxing 7.2 weapons: Before you start off on your 'infinite' trait, to get all the Empowered Traits, to get all 4th traits etc. requires 51 traits (1,708,766,330 or 1.7B AP), to get your first infinite trait with that (since that's just a straight increase between 0 proc and 2000 proc etc.) is 52 traits (2,228,766,330 or 2.2B AP). From scratch a character with 50 AK would need 8.075 500 AP tokens to get to rank 52 (So at AK 25, they are like 125k AP and you get one from a normal raid boss kill right now in 7.1.5 and in Mythic+ you get two of these tokens). To fully max out one single weapon at 50 AK from scratch would require Level 101 (865,842,644,766,330 or 865.84 Trillion AP - that would require 3,137,099 base 500 AP tokens.....).
The wording is messing with my head - Are they saying that to reach the first point in the "infinite" trait you need to have filled out EVERY trait prior to it? 3/3 traits turn into 3/4 in 7.2, and it's unclear if we need to fill those out to unlock the final trait.

Or is this simply an example of what it would look like to fully max out an artifact weapon? In other words, all 4/4 traits are not necessary for the final trait to appear (and to achieve Power Ascended).

Can anyone clarify? Has anyone tested this on the PTR?
I thought the blue post by Muffinus implied that we'd need all 50some as well. I can't find the quote off-hand, but it was in his post about them being exclusive rewards for being a DK.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 13th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Mirith wrote:I thought the blue post by Muffinus implied that we'd need all 50some as well. I can't find the quote off-hand, but it was in his post about them being exclusive rewards for being a DK.
I've looked through blue posts, Blizzard blog posts, and haven't found anything recent explaining the requirements for the "infinite" trait or Power Ascended. Maybe I missed something; I'll have to check again.

Wowhead's 7.2 artifact talent calculator shows the "infinite" trait unlocking at weapon level 42. You can put 1 point in Concordance of the Legionfall without having 4/4 in all applicable traits.

So for now I'm going to go with weapon level 43 for Power Ascended, but I would much prefer some concrete clarification on this.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » March 25th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Eek, I hope its 43; however until we try in game we won't know for sure. Doubt anyone is far enough along on PTR to see the answer to this either.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 25th, 2017, 4:40 pm

Noel wrote:Eek, I hope its 43; however until we try in game we won't know for sure. Doubt anyone is far enough along on PTR to see the answer to this either.
Newer [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16692&start=20#p134008]information[/url] has come out and the required weapon level for Power Ascended is 52.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 25th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Thanks, Quintessence. It's good to get that nailed down.

So we need 2 billion AP.
http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/mage/frost/PCJaI1Aw8BMQBDEQQxIEMTBDFAQxUEMWBDFwQxgEMZATGgExsBMcATHQEx4BUQAVXQFgEEYCAWAwFgQBZpAQ

At AK 50, you will be getting an average of 150M per world quest, so that's about 14 world quests' worth. (Though a bit of Suramar should do the job as well.) Yeah, I'll definitely be leaving my alts to sit and wait for AK50. :P

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 26th, 2017, 1:47 am

But… the mount campaign!

granted they're 110 at all :P

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507