Class Hall Pet changes are great!!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Re: Class Hall Pet changes are great!!!

Post by Moppet » February 27th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Badpathing wrote:Yes it is! As I have pointed out in my post, and in many others, the grind for the weapons is insignificant compared to the effort it takes to grind out prestige levels. Even if you try to downplay by referring to it as a 'bit of prestige'.

For the three-DK-grind I get 3 pets, and I get to play 3 different specs. I also get to enjoy those pets on the faction I play.

For the prestige pet, if we ignore that the grind is substantial, that it requires pvp (sort of) and that it requires us as players to cross faction, we still are faced with the fact that the pet is the same (basically) and that you cannot even use it on your faction of choice.

I feel that it's a very clear distinction.

Yes it is! As I have pointed out in my post, and in many others, the grind for the [prestige pets] is insignificant compared to the effort it takes to grind out [weapon] levels. Even if you try to downplay by referring to it as a 'bit of [AP]'

For the [pvp]-grind I get [4] pets, and I get to play [2] different [factions]. I also get to enjoy those pets on the [class] I play.

For the [DK] pet, if we ignore that the grind is substantial, that it requires [world-quests, dungeons, AP grinding] (sort of) and that it requires us as players to [play a different class], we still are faced with the fact that the pet is the same (basically) and that you cannot even use it on your [class] of choice.

---

How'd I do?

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Class Hall Pet changes are great!!!

Post by Badpathing » February 27th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Moppet wrote: Yes it is! As I have pointed out in my post, and in many others, the grind for the [prestige pets] is insignificant compared to the effort it takes to grind out [weapon] levels. Even if you try to downplay by referring to it as a 'bit of [AP]'

For the [pvp]-grind I get [4] pets, and I get to play [2] different [factions]. I also get to enjoy those pets on the [class] I play.

For the [DK] pet, if we ignore that the grind is substantial, that it requires [world-quests, dungeons, AP grinding] (sort of) and that it requires us as players to [play a different class], we still are faced with the fact that the pet is the same (basically) and that you cannot even use it on your [class] of choice.

---

How'd I do?
Points for creativity but it doesn't really work. I am not sure if your intention was to be snarky, or to make a point. If your point is to say the arguments are interchangeable, I will politely disagree.

How about you hit prestige 4 and I'll max one weapon to 35. Let's see who finishes first. I also never referred to it as a bit of AP, I pointed out that AP acquisition is much faster than people seem to think it is. Honor is a grind, and nothing you do will make it go exceptionally fast. Period. Do you know how much AP you get just for doing Suramar @ level AK 24 (I say 24, and not 25 as there is a large jump between 23 and 24; if you do it at 25 all the better) as a fresh alt? It's enormous.

As to the latter portion, again, it doesn't work. Asking a person to swap factions for a pet is not the same as swapping a class. Argue all you like, the simple fact is that as a new hordling, you lack tremendous resources that you might have on your alliance character; namely a guild, gold, and professions to help out. And in the end, you get a pet that is different only in texture from your alliance version. And unless you decide from that point on to play both factions, that pet is essentially dead to you going forward unless you log on to the horde character to pet it.

I don't see that restriction on the DK pets, nor the monk or any other class pet.

So to finally answer your question of "how'd I do", I'd say poorly.