My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

New Changes are bad mmmkay

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Jazeel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: June 2nd, 2009
Pet Score: 5410
Realm: Saurfang-US

New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Jazeel » February 10th, 2017, 8:52 am

this gating of pets behind order halls, insanely stupid drop rates of some new pets, and the likelihood of pets being treated like mounts as rewards has already cost me 4 of my collecting mates as players, admittedly this is a small sample to draw from, but all these collectors are now unsubbed, have all played from BC or wrath, but have given up as the major part of the game for them is now no longer a matter of patience and luck, but as one lady put it, * why bother trying if you cant raid mythic*, and that in a nutshell is a problem, if our part of wow is now to become little more than another trophy for hardcore end gamers why bother?????

User avatar
Digem
MVP
 
Posts: 461
Joined: August 1st, 2013
Pet Score: 5610
Realm: Fizzcrank-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Digem » February 10th, 2017, 11:28 am

How does raiding mythic have anything to do with pet collecting or battling?
Sounds to me your mates quit due to raiding and mythic raiding being 20 man only

User avatar
Kiella
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 9th, 2013
Pet Score: 5582
BattleTag®: Elena#1284
Realm: Zul'jin-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Kiella » February 10th, 2017, 11:59 am

I'm really struggling with why so many people are so upset by a few of the new pets. It feels like they've created this random artificial constraint on their pet collecting (perhaps something like: I must collect every newly-created pet that doesn't require real-life money), and are then so upset when they can't meet it that they are ready to leave pet collecting or even the game entirely. I understand if you find leveling new characters or pvping so odious that you'd rather not collect these pets. I understand if you have a demanding job or young children or other time constraints that may prevent you from collecting these pets. But what I don't see is how these pets are any different from any other pets we all already exclude from our collections (whether regional, no longer obtainable, only obtainable for huge sums of money on Ebay, etc.)?

It's not like there are no longer wild pets or pets purchasable with pet charms or reputation pets, etc. There is still plenty of easily accessible content. What is the harm in having more difficult/less accessible content as well?

I feel like it's starting to seem like every time a new pet comes out that requires anything other than pet battling or extremely easy "outside" activities, people complain. Yet all these other pets that are more challenging to acquire provide content so that those of us with a fair amount of free time to devote to pet collecting have something to do at times such as now when we would otherwise just mainly be waiting around for the new pet dungeon in the new patch.

I am truly sorry that some of you are discouraged or disheartened by the requirements to collect a few of the new pets, but please at least consider that for some of us others, more content is better than less.

User avatar
Peterc
 
Posts: 97
Joined: January 12th, 2014
Pet Score: 5355
Realm: Outland-EU

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Peterc » February 11th, 2017, 3:53 am

The whole game is about choices and what pets we collect or not is part of that. I do not pay real life money for pets so I exclude those and I don't pet pvp so I exclude the Direhorn. Some pets in game are hard to collect and some are easy that's good for the game and generally I get more pleasure out of finally getting a hard one than the easier ones.

The Prestige reward pets are doing to far in my opinion. I had no problem with the 'Season 1' ones as it was a bit of a grind (twice) but OK for me. If 'Season 2' had seen Prestige rest I would repeated the process and so on for each Season. However Prestige really has nothing to do with PVP Seasons and they are just adding further levels with pets at increasingly higher levels and this is just wrong imo. Therefore I have complained about it on this site and forums but what else can I do? I could just exclude these pets from my collection and carry on but for me that breaks one of the choices I have made when playing the game (to collect in game pets that don't involve pet pvp) and therefore I have lost interest in collecting.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)

User avatar
Uduwudu
 
Posts: 295
Joined: June 30th, 2016
Pet Score: 4722
Realm: Draka-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Uduwudu » February 12th, 2017, 6:34 am

Kiella wrote:I'm really struggling with why so many people are so upset by a few of the new pets. It feels like they've created this random artificial constraint on their pet collecting
...


Not sure what you are suggesting but I already see a major issue on this idea of collecting.

So I take my main (have 7 110's and they are past 815 gear level -- none for Mythic yet), and I take it to the Mythic level ... and now to be able to get 6 other pets I have to do the same thing on the other 6 characters?

Time out!

Then, you are essentially killing any kind of collecting, unless you allow for them to be bought and sold. But now, it goes to a different kind of collection ... I still have to grind out for some gold! And not just a small amount, either!

The "random artificial constraint" is a part of their lack of leadership in the design area, when they can only get new ideas when they get a new boss ... that is only the same as the old boss in that he/she is also an ___________! And will dismiss/fire half his programmers, because one of them does not think the collecting thing is right and he/she is standing up for many of us?

How exciting!

User avatar
Kiella
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 9th, 2013
Pet Score: 5582
BattleTag®: Elena#1284
Realm: Zul'jin-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Kiella » February 12th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Uduwudu wrote:
Kiella wrote:I'm really struggling with why so many people are so upset by a few of the new pets. It feels like they've created this random artificial constraint on their pet collecting
...


Not sure what you are suggesting but I already see a major issue on this idea of collecting.

So I take my main (have 7 110's and they are past 815 gear level -- none for Mythic yet), and I take it to the Mythic level ... and now to be able to get 6 other pets I have to do the same thing on the other 6 characters?


I'll be honest- I don't entirely understand your post. The last part about Blizzard firing half their programmers is completely lost on me.

But I THINK you are trying to make an extreme example to show why it's reasonable to quit (or threaten to quit) if your artificial constraint isn't met. So taking it even more extreme, let's say they add in 12 new pets (one for each class) and the ONLY way to obtain the pets is to participate in a realm first kill of Sargeras (or whoever the end boss is at the end of the xpac). Now since I am not a mythic raider I will obviously not receive any of these pets and the only possible way for ANYONE to get more than one would be to raid with a top tier guild on multiple servers or pay whatever astronomical sum some guild might charge to be carried in a realm first kill. In short, these pets are the definition of inaccessible.

Now, do I think this would be a bad design decision? Absolutely. This would be way too difficult to obtain, to the point of absurdity. Would, however, this cause me to quit the game? No. I would simply exclude the pets from my collection.

Would I also be upset by the decision? Yes, I would, if this is your point. I would most likely post my disagreement on the forums and complain to my friends. So yes, we could theoretically reach a point where I too join the ranks of the complainers. We're just no where close to that yet.

And to bring this back to reality, I do understand if people disagree about where the difficulty line should be where complaining starts. But every time we redraw the difficulty line, there will always be those who would have really enjoyed it where it was, so it's important to consider them too, and think about what the alternative is. Even in my absurd example, there probably are a few pet collectors in realm first guilds who would have really appreciated their achievement being honored with an exclusive battle pet. And getting back to reality, without any of the pets that I've heard complaints about lately (people don't want to have to do Brawler's guild, people don't want to level rep for Trashy, people don't want to pvp or even do pvp world quests, people don't want to have to level new characters, people don't want to farm gold for the celestial calf, people think the drop rate is too low and AH prices are too high on Knockoff Blingtron and the albino buzzard), there would be literally nothing pet related for me (and I'm sure quite a few others) to do right now. Is it really better to have nothing to do than something that maybe you're not super enthused about, but that you can commiserate about with friends, and perhaps even come to enjoy?

And beyond where we decide to draw the difficulty line, I guess my real problem is just with the people threatening to quit. I know that many are quite sincere about this, and I still don't get it, no matter how absurd we make the example. Even if they said they were going to add those silly realm first pets in my example to every single tier from now on so that I would soon be missing dozens and dozens of new pets, I would not quit. I've taken breaks just because sometimes you need a break, or to deal with real life stuff, but having new pets added that are out of reach would not remove all my joy from the game. I don't want to be judgemental about it and tell people they are wrong to quit- obviously it is a personal decision. It just saddens me that some feel this way and I wish I could adjust their perspective.

Also, unfortunately, I do feel that perhaps there are a few people who aren't just sharing their frustration, but actually seem to be threatening to quit or using the example of people who have quit as some sort of negotiating tool to automatically get their way on where the difficulty line should be. And this feels unfair to me. Threatening to quit should not be a negotiating tool.

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5603
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Quintessence » February 12th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Kiella wrote:I'm really struggling with why so many people are so upset by a few of the new pets.


IMO it's not just some of the newer pets that's causing the upset. They certainly don't help, though.

Reputation grinds, AP grinds, heavy RNG in many of the new features, RNG in general, time/content gating, alt un-friendliness, etc. And then, on top of all that, some of the new pets seem uncharacteristically difficult to obtain (relative to previously implemented pets)... compounded it leads to burn out.

There's just SO MUCH to do in Legion. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But collectors are now placed in a spot where they need to pick and choose their gameplay because there's only so much time in the day. Having multiple battle pets gated or locked behind X activity only adds to the long list of time-consuming activities.

It's discouraging for some because the pets are right there in game - you can see it! It could be so straightforward to collect. But it's just out of reach. To obtain it, you'd have to undergo a lengthy process and/or jump through hoops. In less content-saturated times, sure, why not devote yourself to a timesink? These days though, not as simple.

In addition to this, there are nagging questions: 'Does it really have to be this way? Is Blizzard doing this because they truly think pet collectors will enjoy X activity? Or are they coercing us into doing X thing?'

Answers to those questions are subjective because Blizzard will never give us a direct answer.

I do agree that using "Things need to change or I'm quitting!" as a bargaining chip is not a productive or effective way to encourage change.

Most of the pet collectors that I've encountered are less about threatening Blizzard though, and more about genuinely feeling overwhelmed, disheartened, and that there's no option left other than to give up (either pet collecting or the game).
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Maizing
 
Posts: 371
Joined: October 15th, 2012
Pet Score: 5286
BattleTag®: Maizing#1456
Realm: Feathermoon-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Maizing » February 12th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Kiella wrote:I'm really struggling with why so many people are so upset by a few of the new pets.


IMO it's not just some of the newer pets that's causing the upset. They certainly don't help, though.

Reputation grinds, AP grinds, heavy RNG in many of the new features, RNG in general, time/content gating, alt un-friendliness, etc. And then, on top of all that, some of the new pets seem uncharacteristically difficult to obtain (relative to previously implemented pets)... compounded it leads to burn out.

There's just SO MUCH to do in Legion. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But collectors are now placed in a spot where they need to pick and choose their gameplay because there's only so much time in the day. Having multiple battle pets gated or locked behind X activity only adds to the long list of time-consuming activities.

It's discouraging for some because the pets are right there in game - you can see it! It could be so straightforward to collect. But it's just out of reach. To obtain it, you'd have to undergo a lengthy process and/or jump through hoops. In less content-saturated times, sure, why not devote yourself to a timesink? These days though, not as simple.

In addition to this, there are nagging questions: 'Does it really have to be this way? Is Blizzard doing this because they truly think pet collectors will enjoy X activity? Or are they coercing us into doing X thing?'

Answers to those questions are subjective because Blizzard will never give us a direct answer.

I do agree that using "Things need to change or I'm quitting!" as a bargaining chip is not a productive or effective way to encourage change.

Most of the pet collectors that I've encountered are less about threatening Blizzard though, and more about genuinely feeling overwhelmed, disheartened, and that there's no option left other than to give up (either pet collecting or the game).

I have to agree here. I have personally decided to stop buying expansions if they are going to continue using the Warlords/Legion model. I am pretty sure that the gating of activities behind unrelated content is an attempt to coerce us into participating in that content rather than that they think such activities would be fun for our demographic. It is too systemic for me to consider it anything else... especially when these changes have caused so much of an uproar on the forums.

User avatar
Kiella
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 9th, 2013
Pet Score: 5582
BattleTag®: Elena#1284
Realm: Zul'jin-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Kiella » February 12th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Maizing wrote:I have to agree here. I have personally decided to stop buying expansions if they are going to continue using the Warlords/Legion model. I am pretty sure that the gating of activities behind unrelated content is an attempt to coerce us into participating in that content rather than that they think such activities would be fun for our demographic. It is too systemic for me to consider it anything else... especially when these changes have caused so much of an uproar on the forums.


There is definitely a lot of "cross selling" going on. Some of it is surely to get pet collectors to try out other activities/games (I'm thinking of the Graves promotion), but some of it must also be to reward those who may not be active pet collectors with cool battle pets in hopes they'll get into pet collecting. I'll be honest and say I initially came to pet collecting solely as an achievement junkie who did all the battle pet content solely for the achievement points, and then at some point switched over from focusing mainly on achievements to focusing mainly on pets.

It's also possible though, that with some of these decisions they aren't considering hardcore pet collectors at all. I mean maybe they just sit there thinking: "Hmmm, what rewards can we give out for prestige levels?" And the obvious answers are pets, toys, mounts, titles, and artifact appearances. Similarly, they think: "Since this expansion is all about the classes, wouldn't it be nice to have a class battle pet to go along with the mount and order hall transmog set?" I think sometimes we get all caught up in our own little world here and really, hardcore pet collectors must be such a very small percentage of the player base, so most likely the developers' choice to add a new pet or not isn't targeting us at all.

User avatar
Uduwudu
 
Posts: 295
Joined: June 30th, 2016
Pet Score: 4722
Realm: Draka-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Uduwudu » February 12th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Kiella wrote:...
I'll be honest- I don't entirely understand your post. The last part about Blizzard firing half their programmers is completely lost on me.
...


Goodness ... I'm not into astrophysics, or quantum bologna either! The "organization" that makes game decisions changes so much, and there is no continuity. The Pet Battles is a great example. Legion is an example. There is no "new" content, and all the mobs are replicas of previous ones, except maybe one or two. Ohhh, excuse me ... it's green sludge with gold stripes!

Kiella wrote:...
But I THINK you are trying to make an extreme example to show why it's reasonable to quit (or threaten to quit) if your artificial constraint isn't met.
...


Too melodramatic for me, and more your reaction than otherwise.

I've been here since pretty much the start (a month or two behind), and honestly, there are nice things and whatever things. If I want to quit, it's like death. It's over and no shouting necessary, so anyone thinking that I will be crying for more, is thinking for themselves and not me. If it's over and time is up ... it's up. I will say thank you and I love you all and ciao baby! The same for this game!

Kiella wrote:...
Would I also be upset by the decision? Yes, I would, if this is your point. I would most likely post my disagreement on the forums and complain to my friends. So yes, we could theoretically reach a point where I too join the ranks of the complainers. We're just no where close to that yet.
...


I know it seems like complaining but I wonder how much of it is hitting a big portion of the truth, and this is not discussed much, and IT IS THE SOURCE of these issues. Lack of leadership! And continuous changes to that leadership ... because programmers do not like each other (roomie was in Intel and other places!), and stab each other mercilessly like a rogue does in this game!

Kiella wrote:...
Also, unfortunately, I do feel that perhaps there are a few people who aren't just sharing their frustration
...


Over the years more friends have quit than I have had friends play to play with, if I were to count things ... a huge bunch of us came from the Everquest game, and we did it together, and only one of us that I know occasionally piddles on it, but none of us the others have as far as I know ... we're talking a serious number. (We had a huge collective of names and players on their Veeshan Server).

I do think that many of them DID post, and some did not care to waste their time ... it was a game! And since it was a game, there was no reason to think of it any further. IF, and this is a huge IF, Blizzard considers this more than just a game, instead of a CASH_COW, then they should start treating it like it, before it causes enough ______ (anything!) that ruins the game so fast, like happened to Everquest ... because of one or two really malicious programmers that thought they were the kings of gaming. When they left, the game pretty much died, but they were both high level cheaters, liars and worse ... spammers and invaders of your computer! I think that Blizzard is slightly past that, however, their "virtualization" shows that each server is no longer "one machine" (as it used to be), but now combined servers because there are not enough players to have to add additional hardware, which also has improved since then.

I do not want, folks to think I am simply complaining. That's not worth it, but the editorial commentary is a fair study, and not a complaint, and this is where many get confused. Sort of like studying literature at the University ... critical studies of the stuff is VERY GOOD, even if some of it is a bit way out of ... reality (Shakespeare!!!) ... but in the end, it can help the discussions ... not hinder them, unless folks have no idea what is being discussed.

We keep thinking that EVERYTHING, is simple and isolated, and each pet decision, is not a result of discussions further up ... and I doubt that ... any programmer in any job, doing his own thing, is not going to be there very long, which suggests there is a leadership/design issue at the top.

Suggests ... but I have no issue giving them their due ... and trust them some ... they will get it right, someday, and you and I hope it is not before they die, or the game dies ... because then, they all lose their jobs, and we ... go somewhere else!

User avatar
Ranok
MVP
 
Posts: 307
Joined: June 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 5386
Realm: Undermine-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Ranok » February 13th, 2017, 3:48 am

Keep in mind that Activision, and their Blizzard affiliate, are in the business of making money. Legion appears to be designed around keeping their core demographic happy (and sending them 15 bucks a month). Us pet people, many of whom have hung on in the game with a fun alternative to always raiding, raiding, raiding, may be being left behind.

Has been beneficial for me. With Blizzard's ability to easily pump in new pets that are out of reach for a player with my abilities, why bother trying to get high rated here. So have stopped paying Real Money for pets and buying CE editions of other games I'd never play. Suspect I'll never be motivated to go through the agony of grinding HotS again. Even skipped streaming BlizzCon this year (for the pet, duh).

User avatar
Nagini
Top Rater
 
Posts: 118
Joined: January 27th, 2013
Pet Score: 5377
Realm: Kael'thas-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Nagini » February 13th, 2017, 5:53 am

Perhaps to add to the argument; Is it really a bad thing that Blizzard encourages us to participate in different activities?
As a hardcore achievementhunter, perhaps I've long come to terms with the fact that in achievements, "Catching them all" is neigh impossible due to the fact that you'd have to play all aspects of the game at all levels. However, for both pets and achievements I've picked up activities I dreaded at first; PvP chiefly among them, leveling second. I feel like in this expansion blizzard put a lot of effort in making content diverse, especially by crafting class hall stories for all classes. At first, I was annoyed I would have to continue leveling toons to 110 for professions and the like, but in the process of doing that I actually really liked the different experiences. I thought the rogue class hall had a really interesting story, and if it wasn't for blizzard "Gating" content, I probebly would have never experienced that(I main warlocks). The same goes for PvP... I actually enjoy doing a rated BG or arena once in a while now, and without pets or achievements, I probebly would have let that content go untouched.

I can see it would be disheartening to have to do an activity for a long time (Prestige is still quite a grind), and in that case I'm especially ennerved by the idea that we may lose those rewards in a next expac, adding in a time constraint. But I applaud the diversity blizzard is adding to the petcollecting scene, and would rather see this kind of creativity then a more conservative "keep everyone happy" approach.

User avatar
Uduwudu
 
Posts: 295
Joined: June 30th, 2016
Pet Score: 4722
Realm: Draka-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Uduwudu » February 13th, 2017, 9:46 am

Nagini wrote:...
I can see it would be disheartening to have to do an activity for a long time (Prestige is still quite a grind), and in that case I'm especially ennerved by the idea that we may lose those rewards in a next expac, adding in a time constraint. But I applaud the diversity blizzard is adding to the petcollecting scene, and would rather see this kind of creativity then a more conservative "keep everyone happy" approach.


Nice write up ... it makes sense from a business point of view, and like the lady said at 7-11 just a few days ago, they added more shelves to all the stores so they could increase the inventory and choices and sell more stuff along the way!

Creativity is an interesting beast ... how do you improve something? By changing the player or finding an improvement in the model? Based on their design alone, their changes are minimal, and familiar ... one of the things that I remember seeing was suggesting something for a mail server and my friend saying ... can't happen. It will slow everything down to frozen molasses! Guess what ... that means that half the suggestions EVER made, were dumped because the main engine that drives the game, can not handle it or support it! Thus, some of our suggestions, in some ways, are probably way off base and line altogether, because it would require an engine tweak, that affects too much other stuff and will break more than it helps or fixes.

Thus, creativity and suggestions, have to "fit" into the design. I think that the new expansions have updated and improved the backgrounds and engines that drove the game, but some of these have been at the mercy of the content ... a new story that changed the old story (100 years before or after ... whatever ... like it was necessary), to fit the new story so they would not have to create a complete new city and world. EQ did this with Freeport, and finally decided that it was EQ2, and then eventually killed it because the game failed horribly. Over-designed and wasted!

In terms of pet battles, if we are a minor part of the game, and chances are that we are, then the ability for it to improve in a meaningful way is likely to be intimidated by everything else, specially when room has to be made in the game engine for it, and there is not enough ... meaning it stays in the background. I have to admit, that it was a HUGE surprise, to see the Pet Battles as a World Class like event, and treated on the maps of Legion as such and listed. It could only help the Pet Battles process in terms of a number of players, which now they could more easily get a serious count for.

IF, they are working on a Pet Battle Dungeon, it would suggest that the number of players doing Pet Battles is strong enough for them to consider the option ... but the Pet Battle model for it? Probably the same as the regular gaming raid or instance ... and there is a danger here ... frustration. From day one, what people disliked the most, was RAIDING, and in the early days, the game was run and played mostly by gamers, so that was not a huge issue, but 5 years into it, it became one ... people were exhausted with the 40-player raids, that took 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday in Molten Core simply for 1 or 2 people in the whole raid to get a part they needed for their gear ... specially a tank! No one else got anything ... and now, much later, you can see the number of people that "hate" raiding, and even "instances", when in all honesty they are the best coded and parts of the game!

Today, the ability to get something is not as bad as it used to be, but the bad taste for raiding did not leave, and I think the idea of the Pet Battle Raids/Instances, simply to be a small gimmick to tie in a few new pets, which, of course, will have no redeeming qualities any better than any other pets in the game ... and in time, the frustration will set in, unless the pet is one of those cute cuddly animal that we all love so much.

I like the cute side of things. I'm old enough to appreciate what a child likes and what a kid wants. But is it enough to sustain a game? It's OK for fun, not anything else! And certainly not as a "change"!

User avatar
Noel
 
Posts: 105
Joined: February 28th, 2014
Pet Score: 5614
Realm: Kel'Thuzad-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Noel » February 17th, 2017, 10:05 am

While there are some significant hoops to jump through in Legion, we should remember things like the TB Fox that took days/weeks of farming (on a pvp server lol) so some pets have always had huge costs. The only thing in legion where I think they went too far is the PVP prestige 6-50...on TWO FACTIONS. I'd much rather level every class to 110 than do that grind, but my OCD means I'll do it anyway and grumble the whole time.

User avatar
Digem
MVP
 
Posts: 461
Joined: August 1st, 2013
Pet Score: 5610
Realm: Fizzcrank-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Digem » February 17th, 2017, 11:39 am

Noel wrote:While there are some significant hoops to jump through in Legion, we should remember things like the TB Fox that took days/weeks of farming (on a pvp server lol) so some pets have always had huge costs. The only thing in legion where I think they went too far is the PVP prestige 6-50...on TWO FACTIONS. I'd much rather level every class to 110 than do that grind, but my OCD means I'll do it anyway and grumble the whole time.



I don't mind having to level a class to 110. I don't mind having to complete the class hall quest line either. But for a DK to have to max out 3 weapons fully even the new traits coming is extreme.

User avatar
Drudatz
Top Rater
 
Posts: 360
Joined: June 13th, 2011
Pet Score: 5406
Realm: Kul Tiras-EU

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Drudatz » February 18th, 2017, 9:42 am

Kiella wrote:I feel like it's starting to seem like every time a new pet comes out that requires anything other than pet battling or extremely easy "outside" activities, people complain.
Pardon my french but are you STUPID? how is it easy to max 3 different DK artefacts???

User avatar
Uduwudu
 
Posts: 295
Joined: June 30th, 2016
Pet Score: 4722
Realm: Draka-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Uduwudu » February 18th, 2017, 10:09 am

Drudatz wrote:
Kiella wrote:I feel like it's starting to seem like every time a new pet comes out that requires anything other than pet battling or extremely easy "outside" activities, people complain.
Pardon my french but are you STUPID? how is it easy to max 3 different DK artefacts???


I'm not sure he plays a DK, and has done 2 artefacts, let alone the consideration of doing 3. Unless Blizzard simplifies these.

I've never EVER played 3 different versions of my characters, and certainly do not wish to ever play TANK on any of them, considering my bad sight, in order to control the mobs properly to make an instance, or raid, successful. I was looking at my other characters, and goodness ... the most I ever done was my Shammie as a healer on raids, and I do not heal on instances because of the pressure and complaints which are out of line, and to this day, I have almost (consistently) been a #2 or #3 healer in those raids. But the rest of the time, I can not play this game as a healer and have to go Elemental to be able to play it. The only other one, is my Priest, that also only heals on Raids, and I do not heal on Instances as I mentioned, unless they are guild mates, where less complaints and more understanding is possible, and if I miss one heal, it's not the end of the world! The rest of the time, it's Shadow, because it's impossible to play this game as a healer all the way to 110.

Nobody wants to group since this is a solo game ... and this is probably the main issue with the game all along, and no one can come up with a reasonable answer because of the overly loud PvP folks that think the game is being ruined and that means, that now we have ... let's say ... 3 games ... pcp/heal/damage ... to balance.

I would rather they did not bother with new pets in the Class Hall AT ALL ... end of period and story! Take them out, and they can have my shammie pet that I have never used! I don't need another football ... a gnome, maybe ( ;) ).
Last edited by Uduwudu on February 18th, 2017, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jerebear
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: September 15th, 2013
Pet Score: 5532
Realm: Llane-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Jerebear » February 18th, 2017, 10:27 am

Drudatz wrote:
Kiella wrote:I feel like it's starting to seem like every time a new pet comes out that requires anything other than pet battling or extremely easy "outside" activities, people complain.
Pardon my french but are you STUPID? how is it easy to max 3 different DK artefacts???


It depends on what max out actually refers to. If it is just get the achiev for unlocking all the traits, then that won't be bad. I have done that on a couple chars already. It's just time gated. You get your first 20 AK levels as soon as you hit 110 now if you have a different toon already maxed, so you just have to spend a few weeks collecting AP. A few weeks is a long time, but it can be done on the side.

If it is max out all the new traits, that would be worse.

That said, I don't like the idea of doing this, but it is less daunting to me compared to say the 2nd set of prestige pets.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

User avatar
Darkchyld
 
Posts: 152
Joined: December 31st, 2014
Pet Score: 5542
BattleTag®: Darkchyld#1345
Realm: Tichondrius-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Darkchyld » February 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Drudatz wrote:
Kiella wrote:I feel like it's starting to seem like every time a new pet comes out that requires anything other than pet battling or extremely easy "outside" activities, people complain.
Pardon my french but are you STUPID? how is it easy to max 3 different DK artefacts???


It depends on what max out actually refers to. If it is just get the achiev for unlocking all the traits, then that won't be bad. I have done that on a couple chars already. It's just time gated. You get your first 20 AK levels as soon as you hit 110 now if you have a different toon already maxed, so you just have to spend a few weeks collecting AP. A few weeks is a long time, but it can be done on the side.

If it is max out all the new traits, that would be worse.

That said, I don't like the idea of doing this, but it is less daunting to me compared to say the 2nd set of prestige pets.


I'm pretty sure it is maxed under the new system. The required achievement is not the current 34 trait unlock one.

User avatar
Kiella
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 9th, 2013
Pet Score: 5582
BattleTag®: Elena#1284
Realm: Zul'jin-US

Re: New Changes are bad mmmkay

Postby Kiella » February 18th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Drudatz wrote:
Kiella wrote:I feel like it's starting to seem like every time a new pet comes out that requires anything other than pet battling or extremely easy "outside" activities, people complain.
Pardon my french but are you STUPID? how is it easy to max 3 different DK artefacts???


I'm not sure if this is a language thing or if you're just trying to pick a fight, but:

1. This thread was started, and all my posts were made, BEFORE the information came out on how to get the new DK class hall pets. I have personally not stated an opinion on these new requirements, and I'm reluctant to do so until I have a better idea of what the difficulty will actually look like on live servers and who the target audience is for these pets.

2. I never said any of these new pets this expansion were easy to obtain. What I said was that it was starting to SEEM like:

pets requiring pet battling content or extremely easy outside activities --> no complaints
pets requires outside activities that are NOT extremely easy --> complaints

"Not extremely easy" does not mean "easy", it could mean moderately easy (e.g., Trashy), it could mean moderately difficult (e.g., the Albino Buzzard), or it could mean extremely difficult (e.g., the prestige 7 pets).

3. I understand some people are getting super upset about these new requirements, but just because someone does not agree with you or does something you don't like does not make them stupid or indicate that they obviously don't play the game (referring to other posts attacking the devs here, not this one). Personally, I have very thick skin, but I wouldn't want anyone (on either side of the debate) to feel worried they're going to get personally attacked for having a different opinion.

Next

Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jerebear and 2 guests