Against new class hall pets!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Re: Concerns about new class hall pets!

Post by Paladance » February 27th, 2017, 9:37 am

Quintessence wrote:I've updated the Unlisted Pets page to clarify that to purchase each DK pet you must have the corresponding empowered artifact that's reached weapon level 43. Each pet is tied to each spec's weapon.

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you're still confused. ^^;
Thank you, all clear now! :)
Gráinne wrote: A second, unrelated, observation.

Time invested per pet, by class, assuming you have to level anew:

Druid: 50 hours to 100 + 8 hours beyond that, incl. RNG for the plots = 58 hours for 2 pets = 29 hrs/pet

Shaman: 50 hours to 100 + 1 hour = 51 hrs/pet

DK: 50 hours to 100 + 15 to 110 + 3 * 17 for AP = 112 hours for 3 pets = 37 hrs/pet

Monk: 50 hours to 100 + 15 to 110 + 17 for AP = 82 hrs/pet
For a DK would be 116, so 38 hrs (and 40 min :P) per pet, but well.

Still it doesn't seem to include the Broken Isles 2.0. for gaining the "bonus" traits. Maybe I can't combine together the info to a step-by-step questline yet (each website shows that in a bit different way, because of processing the class-restricted content), but apparently it can take from a day to a week depending on the new currency values. Of course that is said in the real time, not the /played one. The chain itself + WQs can take from 2 to 5 hours.

EDIT: Did you include flying as a way to shorten the time?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Doji0412
Pet Score:13820
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Re: Against new class hall pets!!

Post by Doji0412 » February 27th, 2017, 10:32 am

Gráinne wrote:Just another, possibly irrelevant, observation.

Druid: 50 hours to 100 + 8 hours beyond that, incl. RNG for the plots = 58 hours for 2 pets = 29 hrs/pet

DK: 50 hours to 100 + 15 to 110 + 3 * 17 for AP = 112 hours for 3 pets = 37 hrs/pet

May i ask where you get these numbers from? 65 hours to 110, but only 17 hours to max out your artifact?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » February 27th, 2017, 10:56 am

Doji0412 wrote:
Gráinne wrote:Just another, possibly irrelevant, observation.

May i ask where you get these numbers from? 65 hours to 110, but only 17 hours to max out your artifact?
I wonder too? I know I can level from 1 to 110 in much less than 65 hours no problem but no way can I max a weapon in 17.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 27th, 2017, 11:19 am

Digem wrote:
Doji0412 wrote: May i ask where you get these numbers from? 65 hours to 110, but only 17 hours to max out your artifact?
I wonder too? I know I can level from 1 to 110 in much less than 65 hours no problem but no way can I max a weapon in 17.
I guess they assume that the alt's Artifact Knowledge is 35 after getting a Compendium (of course it requires your main at AK 40).
I won't judge whether the main's improvement should be counted or not as it depends on one's individual plans (though these researchers, uh…), but I can understand why it is set that one's going to improve anyway.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Revolt against new class hall pets!!

Post by Badpathing » February 27th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Digem wrote:Take a look and see some of the top MYTHIC raid teams have called it quits due to the facts that it is too hard to level up Alts and to max out thier weapons. Heck they have claimed it is too hard to switch specs on a main and get its other specs weapons to max. But because you said so it is fine for the rest of us to max out three weapons of a dk and to max out a monks weapon. Mythic raiders have said it is but you say it isn't I wonder whom I will believe?
This is the kind of crap that drives me crazy on these forums and makes my responses so rude. You have zero understanding of mythic raiding or the reasons behind the burnout. First of all, YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAX YOUR WEAPON FOR THE TRAIT ACHIEVE. You have to get to 34, NOT 54. Do you understand the difference between those two numbers?

And the mythic raiders who quit don't quit because they had to 'max their weapons'. They quite because of split runs, grinding it out, raiding 24/7. Nighthold is a challenging raid. The fact that you'd try to attribute the AP grind solely to mythic guild turnover is absurd.

Actually, I keep taking the bait and replying to your (I hope) trollish posts. I'll just finish my last response to you by saying, enjoy 7.2; I know I will.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » February 27th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Blue tweet that I think points us into exactly how much we have to grind:

Question: One single pet requires a fully-unlocked Artifact? This doesn't bode well for completionists.
Blue Response: The time from empowerment to 51-point completion isn't as long as you think, don't worry (Muffinus)

Edit for clarity

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928

Post by Quintessence » February 27th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Badpathing wrote:This is the kind of crap that drives me crazy on these forums and makes my responses so rude.
[profile]Badpathing[/profile], it's already been noted a couple of times that your replies have been very combative and antagonistic.

If you do not agree with someone else or find their response nonsensical, state that in a friendly manner or do not reply at all and simply move on. There's no need for rudeness; it does not add anything to the conversation except hostility.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » February 27th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Badpathing wrote:This is the kind of crap that drives me crazy on these forums and makes my responses so rude.
[profile]Badpathing[/profile], it's already been noted a couple of times that your replies have been very combative and antagonistic.

If you do not agree with someone else or find their response nonsensical, state that in a friendly manner or do not reply at all and simply move on. There's no need for rudeness; it does not add anything to the conversation except hostility.
I'm done commenting, no worries. And for the record Quin, I speak plainly and get to the point instead of these passive-aggressive pokes you seem to be ignoring. That's fine, you already shut down a thread attempting to be positive about this change, so I can see very clearly where you stand on modding.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » February 27th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Badpathing wrote:
Digem wrote:Take a look and see some of the top MYTHIC raid teams have called it quits due to the facts that it is too hard to level up Alts and to max out thier weapons. Heck they have claimed it is too hard to switch specs on a main and get its other specs weapons to max. But because you said so it is fine for the rest of us to max out three weapons of a dk and to max out a monks weapon. Mythic raiders have said it is but you say it isn't I wonder whom I will believe?
This is the kind of crap that drives me crazy on these forums and makes my responses so rude. You have zero understanding of mythic raiding or the reasons behind the burnout. First of all, YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAX YOUR WEAPON FOR THE TRAIT ACHIEVE. You have to get to 34, NOT 54. Do you understand the difference between those two numbers?

And the mythic raiders who quit don't quit because they had to 'max their weapons'. They quite because of split runs, grinding it out, raiding 24/7. Nighthold is a challenging raid. The fact that you'd try to attribute the AP grind solely to mythic guild turnover is absurd.

Actually, I keep taking the bait and replying to your (I hope) trollish posts. I'll just finish my last response to you by saying, enjoy 7.2; I know I will.

Thanks again for showing your true colors and being rude and antagonistic once again. Truely does prove your point when you have to stoop to that level but I expect that from a know it all like you.
The AP grind isn't the only reason yes but it is one of the main reasons and saying it isn't is a flat out lie. It proves you don't know half as much about any level of raiding including mythic if you say that.
The biggest difference between mythic raiders and all else besides skill is the fact they have multiple toons raid ready to use as the fights call for. The AP grind makes that near impossible. Heck it makes it tough to switch specs as specs go up and down as the expansion goes on due to nerfs and buffs.
Nerfs and buffs blizz said wouldn't be necessary this expansion as the AP grind was a worry before the expansion went live.
Add in spec specific legendaries and that is why they are stopping.
But keep telling yourself that the AP grind has zero effect if you say it enough like trump you can make your alternative facts true right?

Finally as of now it has to go to 43 not 34 but keep pushing that one too

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » February 27th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Badpathing wrote:
Quintessence wrote:

I'm done commenting, no worries. And for the record Quin, I speak plainly and get to the point instead of these passive-aggressive pokes you seem to be ignoring. That's fine, you already shut down a thread attempting to be positive about this change, so I can see very clearly where you stand on modding.

So that isn't passive aggressive? You really do speak plainly, plain bs and are a hypocrite but keep it up

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » February 27th, 2017, 1:52 pm

It took me months to get the druid pet and I had 2 105 druids trying (RNG can be a bugger...see Knockoff Blingtron lol).

17 hours to max AP you've got to be kidding; I just have one toon at 35 and basically stopped doing anything on the others (since doing anything before AK 35-40 would be a waste of time). I'm levelling a Monk right now and expect another couple of weeks to finish (100-110) then he will sit there until AK 35 scroll is available.

My (casual) estimate for the DK is: (starting at 100) + 10 days to 110 (more if you do professions) + 75 days to get your main's AK to 40 + 25 days to get your DK's to 40 + 35 daily emmisaries to max out each spec * 3 + 15 days to finish your class hall story = 230 days (playing 2h a day). Probably going to get more efficient after you've done everything.

Everything I do in WoW is in days because of the timelocked quests...if you can do mythic+ etc and farm like crazy you can totally decrease this (perhaps that's where the 17 hours comes from!)

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » February 27th, 2017, 2:02 pm

How did we all get to this place? In all of my years of pet collecting (and companion collecting before that), I don't think I've ever seen arguments like these (I think the only one that comes close was the epic battle pets that were going to come with Legion).

We're supposed to be the best community on WoW and now it's more than just a community divided. It seems like people are out for blood and that's not what we're about.

Why can't people just agree to disagree and move on? Is this topic really something that important that we have to argue like this?

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » February 27th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Adumbledore wrote:How did we all get to this place? In all of my years of pet collecting (and companion collecting before that), I don't think I've ever seen arguments like these (I think the only one that comes close was the epic battle pets that were going to come with Legion).

We're supposed to be the best community on WoW and now it's more than just a community divided. It seems like people are out for blood and that's not what we're about.

Why can't people just agree to disagree and move on? Is this topic really something that important that we have to argue like this?
Now is the time to supply feedback to the devs while it is in PTR. Theoretically, this is the point of the PTR. If we do not like the direction things are heading, its the best time to point it out. They appear to be listening. Some of them may even be reading these forums, I'm not sure.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » February 27th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Mirith wrote:
Adumbledore wrote:How did we all get to this place? In all of my years of pet collecting (and companion collecting before that), I don't think I've ever seen arguments like these (I think the only one that comes close was the epic battle pets that were going to come with Legion).

Now is the time to supply feedback to the devs while it is in PTR. Theoretically, this is the point of the PTR. If we do not like the direction things are heading, its the best time to point it out. They appear to be listening. Some of them may even be reading these forums, I'm not sure.
Yes, but there's a difference between posting constructive, civil feedback and arguing. For the past few pages at least, it seems to be more of the latter, and that's a sad thing.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928

Post by Quintessence » February 27th, 2017, 2:29 pm

[profile]Digem[/profile], I think it's best to just move on and not provoke anyone further.

If this thread continues to be derailed, it will be locked. (Although at 12 pages right now I'm wondering if this thread should be closed anyway, since it'll be difficult for a newcomer to read through and join in the discussion.)

In the event this thread is locked, a new feedback thread on the 7.2 DK/Monk pets can be created so long as it stays friendly and on-topic.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 27th, 2017, 2:39 pm

I think this topic has been thoroughly debated. There are valid concerns on both sides, and while we respect everyone's right to share those concerns, there's little more that can be added to this discussion that hasn't already been said.