Against new class hall pets!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us
Re: Revolt against new class hall pets!!

Post by Ranok » February 2nd, 2017, 5:53 pm

Noel wrote:Ack if they do that (make pets as heroic or mythic raid rewards) then I'm screwed. Going to have to pay for a carry lol.
Now that Lagan is no longer cageable, there's already a Mythic Dungeon pet. As I can hardly make it through a normal dungeon, another pet I'll never have.

With him and the steadily increasing number of PvP Prestige pets there's so many unobtainables that it does kind of take the pressure off to maintain anywhere near a complete collection.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 2nd, 2017, 6:49 pm

Digem wrote:As long as it is like the demon hunter, warlock, and Druid pets I am fine with this. First off the demon hunter and warlock share a pet so one needed to only level one of them. Secondly one didn't need to level them to max level just to 100 and then open the class hall so basically 101. Once that level you can start trying to get the pets.
If it is the same basic design it is fine.
Just a slight correction:

Demon Hunter/Warlock pet requires 105 (2nd class hall upgrade)
Druid pet requires 105 (2nd class hall upgrade)
Shaman only requires class hall...so level 100 for that one

Not disagreeing or anything, just tossing that out there.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Prudene » February 2nd, 2017, 7:49 pm

this whole thing has me totally daunted. I dislike any sort of pvp, and really, really don't like dungeons and raids. I used to be #1 on Caelestrasz, but know that because of the previously unobtainable pets and now, these other unobtainable ones, I will be lucky to stay in the top 500. I am 73 years old. and basically have lost interest in pet collecting, though through force of habit do the weekly AH thing, and so far have had 50 daily battles for the alabaster albatross or is it albino? whichever, none at all. I have no real interest in levelling the toons I can, to get the pets, as it is a grind. while some of the questing has been pleasurable, I dislike the entire concept of legions long winded levelling of weapons, gear, fishing poles, pets. its really odd, I feel aggrieved, as if something magical has been taken away from me.
Warcraft carried me through cancer, and I am grateful for that. I have relished the artwork, the worlds that have been created. I feel as though I am on holiday in the high mountains, until yet another archy quest, etc etc appears. sometimes I have cried myself to sleep at the passing of this game for me.
currently I am #6 on Cael..... oh well...

I am grateful for this opportunity to vent.

just in passing, I would like to thank Xu-fu for her wonderful battle teams. have not had one failure to date.

best wishes to everyone.

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 2nd, 2017, 9:32 pm

Prudene wrote:this whole thing has me totally daunted. I dislike any sort of pvp, and really, really don't like dungeons and raids. I am 73 years old. and basically have lost interest in pet collecting .... while some of the questing has been pleasurable, I dislike the entire concept of legions long winded levelling of weapons, gear, fishing poles, pets .... its really odd, I feel aggrieved, as if something magical has been taken away from me.
You're not alone. I'm younger than you, only 72, but am terrible at dungeons and raids and PvP. In past expansions have been able to take advantage of having lot of free time and being patient, the insistence in Legion that everybody gotta do dungeons and raids and PvP to accomplish much of anything is wearing on me. I recognize that Blizzard is a for-profit company and needs to keep their fan base sending in money every month but seems they've gone a bit overboard in catering to that demographic and abandoning a lot of loyal long-time customers. Just takes one 14-year old yelling at me in a PUG cause I'm not good as them to piss me off for whole afternoon.

Pet wise my reaction has been to take it easy and not obsess over steadily dropping in the pet collection rankings.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » February 2nd, 2017, 9:46 pm

Prudene wrote: best wishes to everyone.
Hey there, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you've felt overwhelmed by the way Blizzard has changed pet collecting. I admit, I too feel disenchanted with their decisions. It's hard to stay excited when the grind is sometimes so unbearably long and grueling and sometimes just completely beyond my play-style.

We're on different realms, but I took the liberty of looking at your collection and noticed several duplicate pets that I would like to give to you. One thing I've always admired about the pet community on WOW is its willingness to share tips and help one another whenever possible. I've had help getting where I am, and I'd love to pay that forward with you.

Send me a PM and we can maybe find a server we have in common so I can trade them to you.

I'm 65 and my motto is "Never give up, never surrender" in real life and especially in this game. :D

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 3rd, 2017, 2:34 am

Gráinne wrote: ...
I fear that with the PvP pets, and the Timewalking pets, and the class hall pets, all being non-cageable, they are going the same route.

It's a pity.
In the sense that someone that has been pet battling for 2 to 3 or more years, has had more opportunities to get pets, than anyone else that just got started in the past year. I'm already finding that with the number of pets I can get, now being limited (somewhat) to the Argent Tournament and then the Celestial Tournament. Of these, the AT is more attractive since I can get more pets, but in the end, it leaves many of the gifties and such left behind.

It is a bit strange to see the list of pet owners in Draka, for example, and I am listed fairly high, with the lowest number of total pets all told. In some ways, it makes me fell like I am going to be stuck, come 4K or something like it, since there is little chance that I can get more pets that would help that number.

I'm not into it to be number one or anything, but it's nice to know that the care to level things up and such is a good thing to do and all that, but in the end, I only see a dark tunnel and no ending in sight.

I was thinking that the Class Hall pets should be limited to so many on a given account ... like 3 or 4 ... thus, we know that we can do that since we have that many characters doing the World Dailies and such, but for someone to collect all of them ... is kinda insane and nutz in my book!

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 3rd, 2017, 3:32 am

Uduwudu wrote:It is a bit strange to see the list of pet owners in Draka, for example, and I am listed fairly high, with the lowest number of total pets all told. In some ways, it makes me fell like I am going to be stuck, come 4K or something like it, since there is little chance that I can get more pets that would help that number.
Actually getting into 800 club not that difficult. Lot of new wild pets to capture, and Blizzard took pity on us and made the seriously aggravating ones whole lot easier to find.

If you were like a lot of us during Dark Days when everyone just killing time waiting for next Xpac, leveled some alts. Alts even more helpful for us dungeon-averse types that decided to hell with leveling crafting professions as now you gotta do dungeons to progress to much of anything useful. Means lot of gatherers now, and even this late into new Xpac, prices for herbs and cloth and skins and fish and ore staying high, sometimes ridiculously so. No guilt for taking advantage of the folks that find this too tedious. The gold from this plowed back into AH for pets.

Still several pets that take work, but not too bad. The Falcosaurs easy, especially at right time of day when area is flooded with other players. Check Wowhead in advance so you brought the right food, then just join in on the kills. Same with PvP WQs, the tower ones, if you're going for Prestige One. Almost always lot of other people there to help out and even the other faction learned is faster to get through by killing mobs instead of tackling other players. Yeah, takes couple of months but hey, another pet.

Then there's the impossibles. Well, for some of us. Concede that we may never have them, enjoy what we do have.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » February 3rd, 2017, 4:25 am

I'm honestly torn on this one. On one hand, I am of the opinion that some things should just be rare/ hard to get. Raid pets, pets from difficult achievements, pvp pets... having them, and having working hard towards getting them gives me a sense of achievement, and its nice to have something that sets you apart, wheter it is the sheer numbers of your collection, or your dedication to getting a few very unusual ones. While that means there are pets I will never obtain, it also means i can get excited when i do see someone with a rare pet, or share stories about the tricky ones i managed to gather.

On the other hand, I don't feel like "Class hall pets" qualify as pets like that. They are not unique or difficult to obtain (barring the RNG of obtaining the eye), and one can expect a large portion of a given class will have the pet (or at least, have the opportunity to do so). Being a random drop or loot, I don't feel like the current class hall pets add to your classes' "identity" either, which could be an argument to keep them 'unique'. One of the druid pets even stacks to three, but without being able to cage it, i've been destroying those flowers since.
Without this "unique" feel to them, I see no reason why they shouldn't be BoE.

Despite objections, though, I know that even if they are brought out like the current class pets, I'll probebly level a monk and a DK anyway...

Post by Guest » February 3rd, 2017, 10:51 am

I'm not thrilled by it, but long term grinds seem to be the name of the game in the Legion expansion. I think it'd be most fair if there was a pet for each Order Hall, instead of just a few. It'd be nice if they were cageable tho! Even #1 on the leaderboards can't technically 100% their collection due to a few very rare regional promotional pets, so I think it's just something to be accepted.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 3rd, 2017, 10:57 am

Ranok wrote:Now that Lagan is no longer cageable, there's already a Mythic Dungeon pet. As I can hardly make it through a normal dungeon, another pet I'll never have.
We should eventually be able to get a pet like Lagan a couple of expansions down the road unless they start treating them like some of the mounts and make them available during current content only.

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » February 3rd, 2017, 11:53 am

Can't say I'm against class pets; in fact I believe all classes should get theirs in the same way they're getting mounts - because right now it's kinda unfair that some classes are still left without anything. Many will have my head for even suggesting it, in this thread's context, but I was more thinking about those who play just one char (maybe two) and not get anything due to their class choices.

Yes, it's completionist's hell, but to be fair, aiming for 100% of pets/mounts/gear/etc in game is nearly impossible for anybody, at least without spending 25 hours a day playing, and hundreds of bucks in Store pets, TCG stuff and Collector's Editions for games that we may never play.

Personally, I see leveling alts as less of a hassle than say, farming PvP Prestige, doing Mythics, and such. It can be done in a more casual manner, a few levels when you're bored and feel like it, without having to get overly stressed or deal with generally mean people. Definitely achievable, even in the long run.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » February 3rd, 2017, 8:31 pm

I had previously decided to not bother leveling my DK and Monk as I rarely ever play them anyway. Now... are you kidding me? :(

They're adding pets to those - DK getting 3 all its own.

I will have to say, this expansion has dulled my excitement in collecting. One of my kiddos is grinding her tail off on the PvP front to get those pets, but I just don't like PvP. I can't do it. There's just a feeling of frustration in knowing how long it'd take someone like me to get those and how much I'd hate the entire process.

I know I'll end up at least getting my DK and monk set up, but it'll be just for that reason. Then they'll go back to being idle/bank alts.

I really did enjoy the Falcosaur stuff to start out, though I'll admit I'm stuck on the Dungeons. I'm not a fan of running dungeons, so I still have yet to get past that part. This pretty much leaves the TW pets out of my reach too. Bleh.

I've given up on mount collecting completely for the most part. It seems like more and more mounts are going back to being PvP/Raider only. Pets may be, in some limited fashion, headed that way too.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 4th, 2017, 1:59 am

Shashos wrote:I've given up on mount collecting completely for the most part. It seems like more and more mounts are going back to being PvP/Raider only. Pets may be, in some limited fashion, headed that way too.
And that is concerning.

(I may start to be a bit controversial here)
On our nicely populated realm there is A LOT of spam* related to various kinds of boosts, be them PvE or PvP ones. There's a separate "website" dedicated to farming prestige. Perhaps I don't have to tell you what was happening in WoD during the Grove Warden period?
The more and more rewards gated such like that are a grist to the mill for that kind of business.
And I'd rather pay 5-10k for a pet on AH than 25k for additional hassle (especially if the breed was involved :P).

* -- I'm not against legit individual parties allowing to "skip stuff", Alani, things like that, in fact I've happened to use that too. But at least here, some cases of abuse are pretty obvious, and regarding instanced content sometimes I feel that even the fairest looking people just exploit the common unpleasant atmosphere of pugs, what is pathetic.

---

Vakeetah, you can see I'm that kind of person that doesn't have to have everything immediately. I can ignore the premiere of a movie because "it will be aired on TV sooner or later" :lol:.
I just wouldn't abandon any levelled character (though one may stay as a bank alt :lol:) so I need to ensure I'd enjoy them, and I run out of ideas. That's perhaps just a quirkiness of myself anyway. :)
So good point about reminding we still have at least a bit of control over that, unlike it can be said about the other features of the game.
(But hey, what have you done with your forest of Broots, HMM?! :P)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » February 4th, 2017, 7:12 am

Paladance wrote:(But hey, what have you done with your forest of Broots, HMM?! :P)
Ehm... they're banked for now, all 7 of them. Maybe one day they'll become tradeable, or at least get a vendor price. It just feels wrong to type "DELETE" on the poor things! :lol:
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » February 4th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Ranok wrote:
Prudene wrote:this whole thing has me totally daunted. I dislike any sort of pvp, and really, really don't like dungeons and raids. I am 73 years old. and basically have lost interest in pet collecting .... while some of the questing has been pleasurable, I dislike the entire concept of legions long winded levelling of weapons, gear, fishing poles, pets .... its really odd, I feel aggrieved, as if something magical has been taken away from me.
You're not alone. I'm younger than you, only 72, but am terrible at dungeons and raids and PvP. In past expansions have been able to take advantage of having lot of free time and being patient, the insistence in Legion that everybody gotta do dungeons and raids and PvP to accomplish much of anything is wearing on me. I recognize that Blizzard is a for-profit company and needs to keep their fan base sending in money every month but seems they've gone a bit overboard in catering to that demographic and abandoning a lot of loyal long-time customers. Just takes one 14-year old yelling at me in a PUG cause I'm not good as them to piss me off for whole afternoon.

Pet wise my reaction has been to take it easy and not obsess over steadily dropping in the pet collection rankings.
I agree a lot with both of you, Legion is too time consuming for 1 alt & I used to have bunches maxed.

I actually like questing but dungeon runs that are focused on how much can be skipped & how fast it can be finished are not fun, even if there isn't anyone complaining that you aren't good or fast enough. :( When you are in a group, usually friends, that is not worried about record times or how many times anyone dies or why etc then dungeons can be fun but finding friends like that who play when you do & aren't tired of WOW is very hard.

I have read of a group of people just helping each other enjoy WOW, I have not joined it yet but I am very tempted. I am in an Alliance guild with members like that but the guild is fairly large, I do not see how they can have time to help everyone as much as I need it :lol: but it is so nice that there are people out there trying. I wish WCP had groups like that.......

I do not tank, I have had people I trust tell me they do not think I can learn it either, but if a friendly, not great dps is useful I am willing to help if I can.

On topic, since I like questing & have all those old alts I am not against class pets, but I would also be for allowing them to be traded in futured expansions so those who do not like leveling toons can have them too. I really really do not like Blizz's policy of if you weren't here when something was current, then sorry you can never have that item......I am looking at you Blizz bear etc :mrgreen: at least add all those pets to the Black Market Auction or something :?

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » February 4th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Petzy wrote: ...
You're not alone. I'm younger than you, only 72, but am terrible at dungeons and raids and PvP. In past expansions have been able to take advantage of having lot of free time and being patient, the insistence in Legion that everybody gotta do dungeons and raids and PvP to accomplish much of anything is wearing on me.
I agree a lot with both of you, Legion is too time consuming for 1 alt & I used to have bunches maxed.
Goodness gracious ... we're the grandpa website? I'm only 66!

I'm not terrible at PvP, however I have an issue with bad eyesight that makes it difficult to be in them when people are running around with their chicken heads cutoff!

Personally, I did not mind the raids, and due to the eye surgeries, I became a healer in raids, for example, and it worked out fine, and it helped that in the last two expansions I could turn the healer inside out and do some dps so I could level as it is impossible to level a healer by healing alone nowadays ... if you ask for a group, the first comment always is ... are you stupid?

Collecting pets, is OK, for me, and more fun than anything else, but when it comes to levelling alt's, heck, I now have 7 of them at 110, and doing WQ's. And all of them past 800 gear, which is kinda my mark, until I raise it to 815 so I can do more. Nowadays, I use strictly the bonus (the 4 quests in a zone) to do the WQ's and the games I am not able to do because I can not see the bubbles well enough to do them ... maybe if I have a monitor 100 inches wide and 50 inches tall, I can do them!

But the pet availability is diminishing, and the price thing on the AH is out of line, with some economics that belong in the trash zone, a lot more than they do the logic zone ... but I do not know where I am going to find the next 100 pets ... I'm pretty sure they are not invisible, and the last 3 continents, I have them all other than a few quests.

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 5th, 2017, 1:20 am

Uduwudu wrote:
Goodness gracious ... we're the grandpa website? I'm only 66!
You ever roll an Alliance toon on Undermine, a low-pop realm, look up Phreddy. He's guildmaster on my guild, Knights of AARP :)

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » February 5th, 2017, 9:43 am

The problem to me is not having Class Hall pets... its about HOW to obtain them, because RNG.
If the way to achiev Class Pets its, less or more, like Shaman (that is my main since Vanilla), I'm ok with it, because soon or later I will able to obtaint every Class Pets, but if will works like Demon Hunter/Druid will be a nightmare.

I level a DH only for the pet, everyday I kill the Elite inmy Class Hall for nothing! This is frustrating...

I can accept a thing like this - IF - I know that its only a matter of time... it's can take a years of two, it's not a problem to me... but not if its only based on RNG, because in LEGION, RNG is against you... and this make to be a collector more frustrating than fun.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 5th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Tarty wrote:The problem to me is not having Class Hall pets... its about HOW to obtain them, because RNG.
If the way to achiev Class Pets its, less or more, like Shaman (that is my main since Vanilla), I'm ok with it, because soon or later I will able to obtaint every Class Pets, but if will works like Demon Hunter/Druid will be a nightmare.

I level a DH only for the pet, everyday I kill the Elite inmy Class Hall for nothing! This is frustrating...

I can accept a thing like this - IF - I know that its only a matter of time... it's can take a years of two, it's not a problem to me... but not if its only based on RNG, because in LEGION, RNG is against you... and this make to be a collector more frustrating than fun.
I did it day in and day out as a Havoc DH....the day I switched to Vengeance to start farming the hidden skin, I got the Eye. Now I've gotten two....I wish I could trade them. But seriously, I know it's totally RNG, but maybe swap specs....who knows, it might work for you, too! Or not, and it's all superstition....
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » February 5th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Nagini wrote:I'm honestly torn on this one. On one hand, I am of the opinion that some things should just be rare/ hard to get. Raid pets, pets from difficult achievements, pvp pets... having them, and having working hard towards getting them gives me a sense of achievement, and its nice to have something that sets you apart, wheter it is the sheer numbers of your collection, or your dedication to getting a few very unusual ones.
In some ways, though, this does not include those that have had the opportunity to get these achievements, and what not in the early days. For example, not many of us was EVER a part of the 16 hour days it took to clear Molten Core (8 each day so you got half done!) ... or the immense time requirement for a couple of the other ones.

In some ways, the game has gotten easier and the challenge requirements are almost nothing compared to what they were in those days, when a boss fight could take 20 minutes, or more, and you were scrambling for mana, to be able to heal the tanks and the groups.

So I got Lil'KT after 10 years ... woooopppeeedooo ... you know how many times I have used him since? I can't even remember if I ever have! So, someone that can play (today) a good 3 hours a day, can get up high fast, and to the World Quests and to 850 gear and get this and that ... and some of the other players ... no go. Tell my wife, girlfriend, or children that! I still manage an hour or two ... but when I look at the Old World, Pandaria, Lich King, and most zones, I only have maybe the quest pets do acquire, and they are not strong enough contenders for play, which means that you stick to the pets that you know you can get, which is not enough.

The Class Hall pets do not make any difference. So I get that pug for my shammie, and he has the same bad stats as most of the others, and is not a player per se, like so many other pets are. So, why bother with Class Hall Pets, if they are not useful?

Just strange option, and it feels like some programmers ... oh let's do this, it would be really cool and people will be happy that we gave them something better than a kick in the butt!

It used to be that the reward was always better when it got higher and harder ... with the Class Hall Pets, it has become just an after thought, to make it look like I'm being a good parent ... in many ways, I simply think that Blizzard simply does not care and figures that a new pet or two, will shut us up!

I would only like good pets, and worth while pets.