They've messed with Brawler's Guild

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us
They've messed with Brawler's Guild

Post by Ranok » January 12th, 2017, 3:05 am

Found my way back there (it's been a while) so I could get the new wonderfully-named pet from the Quartermaster. Wouldn't sell it to me, is redded out. Also wouldn't sell Clock'em, which I've had for couple years from reaching Brawler level 4. Since new Grommling only needs Brawler 3, something is messed up.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: They've messed with Brawler's Guild

Post by Quintessence » January 12th, 2017, 3:37 am

Everything related to the Brawler's Guild was reset with 7.1.5. Any standing you earned with them previously won't count in this "season", and you need to re-earn the ranks.

Invitation to the Brawler's Guild was also reset, so you need to find one to participate. They drop from emissary caches and the elites on the large island in northern Stormheim.

The new pet ([pet]Tylarr Gronnden[/pet]) requires Rank 3. Previously, [pet]Clock'em[/pet] required Rank 4 and was only 30 silver. He's now 500g but only requires Rank 3.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 12th, 2017, 8:37 am

Brawler's guild is like Arena, it gets reset each season.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 12th, 2017, 2:01 pm

If you had rank 4 before you shouldn't have too much issue reaching rank 4 again. Unlike the 2nd "season" of Brawler's (which mostly just scrambled existing bosses) this season is about 50% new bosses.

I did notice that the special card battle shirts are still available for purchase off the vendor, provided you had unlocked them previously, as those did not come from ranked battles.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 12th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Thanks for the explanations. Reason I never call anyone a noob, ten years of this game and still learning something new almost daily.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 14th, 2017, 11:20 am

Peanutty wrote:If you had rank 4 before you shouldn't have too much issue reaching rank 4 again. Unlike the 2nd "season" of Brawler's (which mostly just scrambled existing bosses) this season is about 50% new bosses..
I managed to get to Rank 7 in both S1 and S2..
Now I'm stuck at the flame caller in Rank 2; 22M health in 120 seconds is 183.333 dps, with a lot of movement AND healing.. I just cannot do it..

Either I get him to 40% and die in the berserk, or I die from Pyroblast, which can easily take me from 100% to 15% health in one go. So much for Wowhead calling it not dangerous.. As for interrupt: Solar beam in 1 minute CD and Typhoon, which isn't a real interrupt, as he just cast it after the knockback :(

Oh, I'm iLevel 870, rank 36 or 37 on weapon...

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 14th, 2017, 1:52 pm

The Sanoriak fight hasn't changed, other than the actual numbers. The only one-shot type mechanic is the Firewall, if you don't get out of it or interrupt it.

Keep in mind as gear levels go up it'll get easier. Most people I see in there right now are pulling 200k+ minimum, because as you noted there's an enrage timer. If your dps is high enough you can even skip some mechanics because they never get a chance to come out (on Ooliss I spiked at about 650k and he never used the chase mechanic). I'm working on 4th rank fights but will probably wait for some Nighthold loot before I jump back in again just to make it easier.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 15th, 2017, 3:41 am

Peanutty wrote:The Sanoriak fight hasn't changed, other than the actual numbers. The only one-shot type mechanic is the Firewall, if you don't get out of it or interrupt it.

Keep in mind as gear levels go up it'll get easier. Most people I see in there right now are pulling 200k+ minimum, because as you noted there's an enrage timer. If your dps is high enough you can even skip some mechanics because they never get a chance to come out (on Ooliss I spiked at about 650k and he never used the chase mechanic). I'm working on 4th rank fights but will probably wait for some Nighthold loot before I jump back in again just to make it easier.
Wall is no problem, except for the movement part (i.e. you loose dps) Fireball takes 5% health or so..

But that damn Pyroblast..... It can take up to 85% of my health in one go...

200K should not be a problem.. I pull 360ish when I pop CDs and 200-250on a normal fight.. But this one... I cannot break 150 due to movement and healing..

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » January 15th, 2017, 8:40 am

I'm a 864 feral druid and did it without any consumables. I did one shot him right at the enrage timer, but I'm far from perfect on my dps rotation. Stun him during firewall cast and pop your CDs during that time. Eat the fireballs and either use interrupts for pyroblast or use a defensive cooldown.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 15th, 2017, 8:32 pm

So I lied LOL, finished up rank 6 last night. Ooof the dps requirement at that point is tough if you're not pretty well geared, plus you have to maintain it while doing mechanics. I ended up having to double pot and bloodlust to meet the enrage timer in several fights, 400 to 450k sustained is required for many of those higher level fights. Favorite fight so far was Blackmange, it has constant movement but it's fairly easy to plan your movements ahead of time so it feels smooth, rather than frantic and hectic. Same goes for Carl, I don't mind dodging stuff as long as it's easy to see and you can anticipate and preplan your moves.

To just get the pets (rank 3), the toughest fight IMO is Master Paku. It's a Pacman inspired fight where you're forced into autorun/walk the entire time, and touching the maze wall is instant death. So be prepared to put some work into getting through that one, unless you're fantastic at navigating and dpsing at the same time.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » January 16th, 2017, 4:22 am

I tried this last night, having gotten rank4 fairly easily last time around I expected this to be a breeze. Boy was I wrong. I'm not the highest geared or skilled player, but some of these fights (watching them, not good enough to get to them) look insane. There's barely a boss in-game that does everything these encounters offer, it's crazy.

Anyhoo, I decided to retire, and try again when I'm 20 Ilevels higher, I found myself getting annoyed to the point of frustration with it all. Gating simple things like pets behind content like this, I know people will say "QQ MORE!" but I just don't enjoy it yet the collector in me NEEDS the pet :/

Have fun and GL peeps!!

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » January 16th, 2017, 10:21 am

Peanutty wrote:To just get the pets (rank 3), the toughest fight IMO is Master Paku. It's a Pacman inspired fight where you're forced into autorun/walk the entire time, and touching the maze wall is instant death. So be prepared to put some work into getting through that one, unless you're fantastic at navigating and dpsing at the same time.
It was a bit difficult, but just be patient. I treated it like a dps fight and ran into walls and kept sitting in spinning kicks to pump out extra dps. I played it slower and smarter and finished the fight within a minute while playing it "slower".

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » January 17th, 2017, 9:32 am

I played an affliction lock and lost to Grandpa Grumblefoot (Rank 1 Boss 2) in the enrage phase. Just couldn't drop him fast enough and failed to interrupt the heal a couple of times. Does fear work? My felbeast interrupts but seems it takes too long to use for every cast.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 17th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Noel wrote:I played an affliction lock and lost to Grandpa Grumblefoot (Rank 1 Boss 2) in the enrage phase. Just couldn't drop him fast enough and failed to interrupt the heal a couple of times. Does fear work? My felbeast interrupts but seems it takes too long to use for every cast.
I only play my lock casually, so what's the CD on your interrupt? He has 2 cast abilities so make sure you only interrupt the healing one (cantata) and not the other ability. Fear might work and I don't see a reason not to try it if interrupt is down.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » January 18th, 2017, 2:33 am

Last season i got rank 8 on my hunter in a single marathon day. This season im playing a holy pally, so I went in with my ret offspec and spent a couple of hours on it. Only made it to the first boss in rank 2 before i needed to log.

I now fully understand why people used to say this is much easier for ranged dps than melee. Its going to be a real challenge this time arround and Im really going to need to improve my dps skills.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » January 21st, 2017, 12:36 am

I only made rank 7 last time but this time I quit as soon as I got rank 3....got the new pet I'm outta here.

Frustration mixed with REALLY LONG wait queues means it will be "for later"

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 21st, 2017, 6:19 am

Previously rank 8, wonder how much harder it will be this time. Going to try with a different character this time, hopefully my hunter can do OK. Wish they hadn't refreshed the invitation though. People are selling the pass for 10k+ on my server, so I need to have some luck with that before I can even start attempts.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 21st, 2017, 1:37 pm

Graven wrote:Previously rank 8, wonder how much harder it will be this time. Going to try with a different character this time, hopefully my hunter can do OK. Wish they hadn't refreshed the invitation though. People are selling the pass for 10k+ on my server, so I need to have some luck with that before I can even start attempts.
I was max rank previous 2 seasons (and cleared every optional boss in season 1 as well) but I'm up against the dps wall at 475k dps, so stuck mid rank 7... oh well we have all expansion to do it, so I'm in no hurry.

Don't buy an invite, just farm one up on the elites out on Shield's Rest. They don't spawn particularly fast but most people also skip the cave area, and those guys do drop invites as well. I did sell the invite I had ASAP, wanted to get it gone before the price plummeted. :lol:

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » January 23rd, 2017, 8:16 am

Darkchyld wrote:
Peanutty wrote:To just get the pets (rank 3), the toughest fight IMO is Master Paku. It's a Pacman inspired fight where you're forced into autorun/walk the entire time, and touching the maze wall is instant death. So be prepared to put some work into getting through that one, unless you're fantastic at navigating and dpsing at the same time.
It was a bit difficult, but just be patient. I treated it like a dps fight and ran into walls and kept sitting in spinning kicks to pump out extra dps. I played it slower and smarter and finished the fight within a minute while playing it "slower".

I hit the backslash button on my keyboard that makes one walk slow and it slows down your running during this fight making it much easier to do.
Now if you get caught in some whirlwinds it is tougher to get out of but I did this on a BM hunter and my pets took out the 3 bosses pretty much themselves. All I did was move around avoiding the walls and walking over the coins so I could do damage. Made it much easier

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » January 23rd, 2017, 8:17 am

Graven wrote:Previously rank 8, wonder how much harder it will be this time. Going to try with a different character this time, hopefully my hunter can do OK. Wish they hadn't refreshed the invitation though. People are selling the pass for 10k+ on my server, so I need to have some luck with that before I can even start attempts.

Range toons especially hunters always have it easier in the brawlers guild