Help with collection

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
Help with collection

Post by Askania » December 27th, 2016, 8:23 am

I have very little left to collect to complete my collection as best I can, however the harder to obtain pets are super expensive on Khaz'goroth and I am not entirely sure what people are charging on the Auction House are realistic prices, especially when you consider there are people trying to sell a nursery spider for 4k. The hardest part of my remaining pets to find are as follows:

Searing Scorchling, Lanticore Spawnling, Langar, and Spineclaw Crab.
If by chance anyone out there has a spare of any of these pets I am willing to pay for them on Khaz'goroth Alliance a reasonable amount.

Thanks
Askania

http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Askania/
Last edited by Askania on February 22nd, 2017, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Re: Help with collection

Post by Dolz » December 27th, 2016, 9:09 am

The Dream Whelpling is a wild pet that spawns at the end of the Emerald Nightmare raid, after Xavius is defeated. It also can not be caged so you won't find it on the AH.

Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Cypetcollector » December 27th, 2016, 9:35 am

If you can get a Darkmoon Rabbit for 15k, snap it up. That's pretty cheap for them. I wonder if they thought you were asking for a sell price and were trying to get you to post it for cheap...

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 27th, 2016, 10:31 am

You can use websites such as The Undermine Journal or Pet Magpie for comparisons.

When you choose a specific item on TUJ you can see a graph that shows supply and prices globally:
DRabbit.png
The current graph for Darkmoon Rabbit as a caged pet
DRabbit.png (30.18KiB)Viewed 3510 times
Caged pets and fresh items are treated separately, so you need to open more tabs. :P

On the other hand, Pet Magpie allows you to see the pets and the items merged in a single chart, sorted by price… but you need to show her each interesting realm yourself. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » December 30th, 2016, 5:09 am

Darkmoon Rabbit can be expensive depending on realm population. From 20k to 50k.

Dream Whelping is a wild pet battle in the Emerald Nightmare. Can be done in LFR. (editted due to wrong name copied)

Spineclaw Crab and Lanticore Spawnling have an incredibly low drop rate and can be expensive too. Just keep checking your AHs.
Last edited by Milotha on December 31st, 2016, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » December 30th, 2016, 7:57 am

https://wow-pets.com/ is also a good site to check all the AH's.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 30th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Milotha wrote:Nightmare Whelping is a wild pet battle in the Emerald Nightmare. Can be done in LFR.
Nightmare Whelp is a dropped item from the dragons fight in EN, not a wild pet battle.

Dream Whelpling is from wild pet battle in EN, only shows up after Xavius' defeat.

Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Askania » December 30th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone for the tips, I bought a Darkmoon Rabbit today for 60k - cheapest I've seen it, and it is a level 25 B/B pet so I'm happy with that, and thanks to tips, I did find the Dream Whelpling. :D

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » December 31st, 2016, 5:43 am

The pets you listed, with the exception of the dream whelpling -are- all very expensive, and often hard to get pets. So while prices on your server might seem high, if any of those went for under, say, 25k, i'd probebly consider it cheap. Nightmare whelpling will probebly drop in price as more people do EN and obtain it, but the others, while mostly farmable by yourself, will probebly only get rarer or remain at the price they are now.

For reference, It took me three months of 5ish hours a day of farming to get my own spineclaw crab, and that was when timeless isle was still current content, so other people were doing it too. Lanticore might take over a 100 runs of a WoD instance, and the bunny still requires a raid group, but only one rabbit drops. Undermine Journal is a great resource for finding/comparing prices if you're unsure, but somethimes things are just expensive for a reason >_<