Albino buzzard

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us
Albino buzzard

Post by Digem » December 2nd, 2016, 5:02 am

So this pet is available from the baggie that drops doing the new pet tamer daily in northern barrens.
What strikes me as interesting is the the pet tamer is labeled a flying tamer. Does that mean they will add a tamer for one of every pet class type eventually? Will they hide these tamers throughout the world? Will these tamers all drop pets? Might be worth keeping an eye out for.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Re: Albino buzzard

Post by Lolfixheal » December 2nd, 2016, 11:49 am

I sure hope they won't. Nothing is worse than out-of-reach tamers that aren't even listed on the map. Also notice her XP is less than WoD/MoP. I stopped doing her after the pet + few extra days testing stone drop. Yeah she drops stones, halleluja :p

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » December 2nd, 2016, 12:07 pm

Looking at the flavor text of the pet and quest, I'd say we might see some more trainers appearing over time in the pre-Legion world. I parked a Troll Warrior there that basically leveled from level 5 - 24 just doing the daily every day since she was discovered. I didn't receive a 2nd pet yet, but the number of stones seems fairly high compared to other old world Master Tamers.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » December 2nd, 2016, 2:09 pm

Sounds like a fine place to level my horde alt, can someone provide the TomTom coords?

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » December 2nd, 2016, 2:39 pm

Edmuir wrote:Sounds like a fine place to level my horde alt, can someone provide the TomTom coords?
Crysa is located in the Northern Barrens at 63.6 / 35.8.

Be warned that Takk the Leaper roams that area and you will have to pass areas with level 16 mobs to get there. My fully heirloomed Warrior probably made half the XP from 5 - 10 by killing that rare.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 2nd, 2016, 5:44 pm

Sarajiel wrote:Looking at the flavor text of the pet and quest, I'd say we might see some more trainers appearing over time in the pre-Legion world. I parked a Troll Warrior there that basically leveled from level 5 - 24 just doing the daily every day since she was discovered. I didn't receive a 2nd pet yet, but the number of stones seems fairly high compared to other old world Master Tamers.
never got stone or pet and doing the daily since she get discovered :(

Cahlyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
BattleTag®:Cahlyn#2230
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Cahlyn » December 3rd, 2016, 7:35 am

GrosBonda wrote:
Sarajiel wrote:Looking at the flavor text of the pet and quest, I'd say we might see some more trainers appearing over time in the pre-Legion world. I parked a Troll Warrior there that basically leveled from level 5 - 24 just doing the daily every day since she was discovered. I didn't receive a 2nd pet yet, but the number of stones seems fairly high compared to other old world Master Tamers.
I've got a couple of stones but still working on that pet, leveled my 80 alt to 82 (and a half) so far :(

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » December 3rd, 2016, 4:26 pm

And thats RNG for you - I did it twice - got the pets on my 2nd time and never did it again.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 3rd, 2016, 8:43 pm

GrosBonda wrote:
today i get a stone... :) my first
so RNg having mucho fun with me :roll:

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 4th, 2016, 1:00 am

For those who've gotten the pet (and then stopped) I'd think it's actually a good idea to leave an alt there and continue doing it. The pet is still highly valued at this time and you can probably sell it or trade it. I certainly plan on doing it even after I get it, as it's a quick and easy battle.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 4th, 2016, 1:21 am

Now I can sound like I'm bragging, but I managed to get a [pet]Porcupette[/pet] from the Torn Bag :), aswell as a stone and an [pet]Albino Buzzard[/pet]. Will definitely continue visits because I'm looking for another breed.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Post by Guest » December 9th, 2016, 3:49 pm

FYI, you can have 3 total in your pet journal, and I know somebody who has gotten two from grinding the daily every day.

Moused
Pet Score:13112
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Moused » December 19th, 2016, 4:40 am

I lucked out yesterday.....have a lvl 60 gnome parked out by Crysa and got the Albino buzzard to drop....less then 10 fights or so too.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 19th, 2016, 11:50 am

I've had two now. I parked a hordie alt nearby and have done the battle almost every day since it was revealed here that this tamer existed. I took a punt and dropped it onto the AH for 200k and it sold almost instantly, wish I'd asked for more now ><

Good luck all!

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » December 21st, 2016, 10:16 am

Index wrote:I've had two now. I parked a hordie alt nearby and have done the battle almost every day since it was revealed here that this tamer existed. I took a punt and dropped it onto the AH for 200k and it sold almost instantly, wish I'd asked for more now ><

Good luck all!
I just picked one up for 94k. and that's a steal. Typically I see them from 150-350k. 200k is a good sell, I would be happy with that. :) I don't feel it's going to go down much seeing as how it's pretty rare, and you can only do it once per day on your entire account. I have done it every day since it came out (parked an alt there) and I have about 4-5 battle stones, and a Porcupette pet. I have never seen the Buzzard drop, let alone the fact that there are only 11 on the AH across all western realms. It's very rare.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 1st, 2017, 2:44 am

I hope it doesn't drop once per character, as I've forgot which one had gained this pet. :lol: Could anyone deny or confirm that limit?

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » February 1st, 2017, 4:56 am

Paladance wrote:I hope it doesn't drop once per character, as I've forgot which one had gained this pet. :lol: Could anyone deny or confirm that limit?
Well, I got it to drop 3 days in a row on the same character (this was in December), but after that, I never saw it again. I switched characters and it hasn't dropped on the new one either. I've been wondering if it was something that was hotfixed or if it's just randomness.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » February 1st, 2017, 7:58 am

Ravyn wrote:
Paladance wrote:I hope it doesn't drop once per character, as I've forgot which one had gained this pet. :lol: Could anyone deny or confirm that limit?
Well, I got it to drop 3 days in a row on the same character (this was in December), but after that, I never saw it again. I switched characters and it hasn't dropped on the new one either. I've been wondering if it was something that was hotfixed or if it's just randomness.
I've gotten another one in the last few days, so I'd guess it's just RNG doing it's thing...

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » February 1st, 2017, 8:35 am

Index wrote: I've gotten another one in the last few days, so I'd guess it's just RNG doing it's thing...
Good to know! Thanks :)

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 1st, 2017, 9:55 am

Ravyn wrote:
Index wrote: I've gotten another one in the last few days, so I'd guess it's just RNG doing it's thing...
Good to know! Thanks :)
I second the thanks. :) And congratulations!