Legion Wild Pets as 2nd or 3rd?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kandacespets
Pet Score:7848
Realm:Runetotem-us
Legion Wild Pets as 2nd or 3rd?

Post by Kandacespets » November 18th, 2016, 4:03 pm

When battling wild pets in Legion, do the Legion pets only appear as the first pet?
I have never seen one as a second or third pet.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Legion Wild Pets as 2nd or 3rd?

Post by Gráinne » November 18th, 2016, 6:56 pm

I just read this and had it in mind as I set out to do my "3 Spiketail Beavers defeated with Snowfeather Hatchling" quest.

I came upon a Black-Footed Fox Kit and decided to clear it, battled it, and there was a Spiketail Beaver as backup.

Despite defeating that team with my Snowfeather, though, I didn't get credit, of course. :(

P.S. Second battle. Spiketail Beaver, with another Spiketail Beaver as backup. Again Snowfeather in my team. First pet. Also came in to kill the final pet. Also Summoned throughout the battle and still there at the end. Again, no credit.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 18th, 2016, 10:59 pm

I think the majority of Legion wild pets come as primaries.

The ones that I can remember seeing as secondaries are [pet]Spiketail Beaver[/pet], [pet]Olivetail Hare[/pet], and maybe the foxes and [pet]Juvenile Scuttleback[/pet]. Last two I'm not 100% sure about.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 19th, 2016, 12:36 am

Gráinne wrote:I just read this and had it in mind as I set out to do my "3 Spiketail Beavers defeated with Snowfeather Hatchling" quest.

I came upon a Black-Footed Fox Kit and decided to clear it, battled it, and there was a Spiketail Beaver as backup.

Despite defeating that team with my Snowfeather, though, I didn't get credit, of course. :(

P.S. Second battle. Spiketail Beaver, with another Spiketail Beaver as backup. Again Snowfeather in my team. First pet. Also came in to kill the final pet. Also Summoned throughout the battle and still there at the end. Again, no credit.
I found I also had to have the pet summoned as well as on my team. So make sure the pet is summoned as your current companion also. Not really contributing to OP, but thought it should be said to help you (and perhaps others) out.

PS I know I've had back footed fox kit as a secondary: that's how I got my rare.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 20th, 2016, 9:55 am

Quintessence wrote:I think the majority of Legion wild pets come as primaries.

The ones that I can remember seeing as secondaries are [pet]Spiketail Beaver[/pet], [pet]Olivetail Hare[/pet], and maybe the foxes and [pet]Juvenile Scuttleback[/pet]. Last two I'm not 100% sure about.
And the Black-Footed Fox ... have gotten of those in the same fight, once or twice.

But it does look like that in general a very large percentage of the fights the wild pets come as primaries.

I kinda like that, though, so you know you are not quite wasting your time and maybe ... maybe ... your pet will shop, which is annoying.