Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Re: Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Post by Darkchyld » January 21st, 2017, 1:51 pm

Winstonwaterston wrote:So you can get 1400 honor per day on both an Alliance and Horde alt in about half an hour, with most of that being the travel time between the quests.
These quests spawn every 6 hours from when your WQ start so you're missing 3/4 and an extra 1500 honor per day. You should be getting 2900 per day.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » January 21st, 2017, 4:49 pm

Darkchyld wrote:These quests spawn every 6 hours from when your WQ start so you're missing 3/4 and an extra 1500 honor per day. You should be getting 2900 per day.
Don't forget to use your guild banner at the towers plus once per day with the class hall WQ auto complete crystal for an extra 210 per day.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » January 24th, 2017, 5:55 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but during the Operation: Murloc Freedom PvP quest, there are timeworn jars you can collect for timeworn artifacts and turn into the King which net honor points. Now, I haven't checked to see if you can collect them outside of the WQ time, but I just did the WQ in 10 minutes, and the Timeworn jars, which award the timeworn artifacts you turn in, netted me an additional 400 honour. They respawn faster than the mobs, and even if only during that time, if you were to make a farming team to collect those and turn them in while providing security from PvPers, you can get a lot of points.

As an aside, went back after completing the quest, you can still get and turn in timeworn artifacts for honor points. I'll have to check when it's not scheduled for that area. Might be able to farm them when there are no PvPers there if you can.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 25th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Getting that first Prestige point supposed to be easier when 7.2 patch comes out.

[url]http://www.wowhead.com/news=259568/blizzard-posts-1-25-artifact-power-in-patch-7-2-group-finder-change-honor-for-pr[/url]

After that though, will be the same grind.

No hint yet how they'll handle those of us already past halfway point working on first 50 honor levels. I'd guess (hope) they apply excess honor to working on next level.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » January 26th, 2017, 11:57 am

I guess that the 7.2 changes will cut about 1 week off of the grind. But with having to grind out at least 14 or so prestige levels for all of the pets on both a horde and alliance character this is going to take you most if not all of the expansion.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » January 31st, 2017, 5:06 pm

These companions are rewarded to players that have earned Prestige Rank 7 not 5 for the Squire and Gruntling.

Winstonwaterston
Pet Score:5650
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Winstonwaterston » February 14th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Darkchyld wrote:
Winstonwaterston wrote:So you can get 1400 honor per day on both an Alliance and Horde alt in about half an hour, with most of that being the travel time between the quests.
These quests spawn every 6 hours from when your WQ start so you're missing 3/4 and an extra 1500 honor per day. You should be getting 2900 per day.
I learned that after I wrote my post. However, I can't login that often. I have to settle for an eight-month grind to get those pets.

Syenmesh
Pet Score:8117
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Syenmesh » May 29th, 2017, 4:41 pm

So we know that if you get the prestige 1 pet, then faction change, that pet you have won't get converted.

All the honor levels will stay though, right? So if you are at honor level 49 (prestige 0), you can faction change and then complete that final level (49 -> 50 -> prestige 1) and get the pet?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » May 30th, 2017, 8:51 am

Syenmesh wrote:So we know that if you get the prestige 1 pet, then faction change, that pet you have won't get converted.

All the honor levels will stay though, right? So if you are at honor level 49 (prestige 0), you can faction change and then complete that final level (49 -> 50 -> prestige 1) and get the pet?
If you do what is said above then you will only get the reward for the faction that you changed to. You cannot get two rewards for the same prestige on the same character.