The Squirky Mystery - UPDATE No longer a mystery

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Manta
Pet Score:10277
Realm:Antonidas-eu
Re: The Squirky Mystery

Post by Manta » November 16th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Or is a time event like in pandaria (Krasarang Wilds) with the turles(south) - Wanderer Festival

Flibbit
MVP
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Flibbit » November 20th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Things I tried with a friend to get the Pristine Squigglefin Eggs to hatch on Seabreak Isle:
  • Kill the big murloc at the top of the path
  • Click and mouseover everything in the pile of treasure behind the big murloc
  • Click on the jumbo pearl
  • Click on the eggs
  • Light a campfire next to and beneath the eggs
  • /sit on the eggs
  • /sing to the eggs
  • Use Magic Pet Mirror on Terky and Murky to give myself those appearances to see if I can then interact
Nothing yet... will keep going back when I think of new ideas. There's no guarantee this is where the pet comes from, but I think doing *something* that makes the eggs hatch into wild pets that can be battled is the most likely scenario based on what has been seen so far.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 20th, 2016, 8:52 pm

I can't help but wonder if "special time of year" could mean Thanksgiving. Since the tooltip said "November" previously, and Squirky didn't make an appearance for BlizzCon or the WoW 12th Anniversary, the only "big" event left this month is Thanksgiving (coming this week).

[pet]Terky[/pet] was also discovered around Thanksgiving...just throwing that out there!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 20th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Quintessence wrote:[pet]Terky[/pet] was also discovered around Thanksgiving...just throwing that out there!
Mid-October, actually. Was right around when Hallow's End started.

Google shows all the news about him being Oct 17th/18th so I'd guess the 16th or 17th was when he was discovered.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » November 20th, 2016, 10:17 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Quintessence wrote:[pet]Terky[/pet] was also discovered around Thanksgiving...just throwing that out there!
Mid-October, actually. Was right around when Hallow's End started.

Google shows all the news about him being Oct 17th/18th so I'd guess the 16th or 17th was when he was discovered.
You're right! What I'm remembering is the Pet of the Month feature we did on Terky because of Thanksgiving (hah! :oops: ).

Welp, more speculating and searching. Times like these I really wish the devs would confirm either "X pet is in" or "X pet is not yet available" - no other hints, just let us know if our current efforts are in vain or not! :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 21st, 2016, 1:02 am

Quintessence wrote:[...]
Welp, more speculating and searching. Times like these I really wish the devs would confirm either "X pet is in" or "X pet is not yet available" - no other hints, just let us know if our current efforts are in vain or not! :P
Did you try tweeting Muffinus about that? You have probably a better chance of getting an answer than the rest of us here. :twisted:

Oh and by the way... [pet]Terky[/pet] is a girl. :ugeek:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Manta
Pet Score:10277
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Manta » November 21st, 2016, 3:02 pm

an other idea, the Achievement for all Fishing World Quests. After we receive it, we can find the murloc?

Sparrowlab

Post by Sparrowlab » November 22nd, 2016, 3:53 pm

There was a murloc-themed world quest up in the physical Eye of Azshara today; I looked everywhere and looted everything and didn't find anything unusual.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555

Post by Mawder » November 23rd, 2016, 6:07 am

My guess is that this is part of the new micro-holidays in 7.1.5 PTR (http://ptr.wowhead.com/event=647/march-of-the-tadpoles) Date: 2017/04/05 - 2017/04/06.
March of the Tadpoles – Today, the baby Winterfin murlocs of Borean Tundra complete their trip across the Westrift.
From the Pet Journal:
During a special time of year, a secretive clan of murlocs often sends young tadpoles out to explore, adventure, and begin their tale.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 23rd, 2016, 8:00 am

Mawder wrote:My guess is that this is part of the new micro-holidays in 7.1.5 PTR (http://ptr.wowhead.com/event=647/march-of-the-tadpoles) Date: 2017/04/05 - 2017/04/06.
March of the Tadpoles – Today, the baby Winterfin murlocs of Borean Tundra complete their trip across the Westrift.
From the Pet Journal:
During a special time of year, a secretive clan of murlocs often sends young tadpoles out to explore, adventure, and begin their tale.
It all makes sense, except there is absolutely nothing "sneaky" about it..
@muffinus wrote:@Fizzl_CTR 6.2.2, barely lasted a month and a half. The next one will be... sneakier. #KeepWoWMysterious
https://twitter.com/muffinus/status/655622054478147584

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 23rd, 2016, 8:57 am

Mawder wrote:My guess is that this is part of the new micro-holidays in 7.1.5 PTR (http://ptr.wowhead.com/event=647/march-of-the-tadpoles) Date: 2017/04/05 - 2017/04/06.
From the Pet Journal:
Highly unlikely as mentioned before. According to Ion Hazzikostas (WoW's Game Director) there won't be any mounts, battle pets, power rewards or achievements for participating in micro-holidays.

In case [pet]Squirky[/pet] is actually already obtainable as yet undiscovered secret, it is most likely via a Kosumoth-style event.

It may or may not be linked to Mission Accomplished or the Murky quests/WQs/achievements or something similar.

www.piratez.cc

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » November 25th, 2016, 6:31 am

I was speaking to a GM today about the missing Murloc achievement and toy, and took the opportunity to ask him about Squirky, here's what he said:
Squirky.jpg
Squirky.jpg (231.07KiB)Viewed 8352 times
So, I guess we need to wait a little longer for this guy! :)

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 25th, 2016, 7:23 am

thanks Nomadking for the update... dam this wait i want it already lol
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 25th, 2016, 9:02 am

Nomadking wrote:So, I guess we need to wait a little longer for this guy! :)
:cry: :roll: :cry:

www.piratez.cc

Drafter
Top Rater
Pet Score:4946
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Drafter » November 25th, 2016, 11:47 am

there´s some spekulations to where squirky is a reward for the mini event "march of the tadpoles"

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 25th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Drafter wrote:there´s some spekulations to where squirky is a reward for the mini event "march of the tadpoles"
There is also the statement by WoW's Game Director during BlizzCon 2016 that those events won't have battle pets as rewards as mentioned in both [pet]Squirky[/pet] threads in this forum. :ugeek:

Unless he wants to admit again that he or members of his team lied to the players (legendary soft-cap), we can assume that there won't be any new battle pets involved. :roll:

On the other hand [pet]Squirky[/pet] could also drop from the first boss in the Nighthold, be related to the Suramar Insurrection questline or pretty much anything else at the moment that isn't active till patch 7.2 goes live.

Maybe he is actually a reward from a scrapped promotion and the Blizzard devs haven't even decided yet how to get him now!?
Since we are obviously not as important as some cheating mythic raiders whining about their bans on reddit, tweeting Muffinus, WatcherDev or any other devs involved with battle pets on a regular basis won't help us either to solve the mystery. :|

Edit:

I found another interesting change in one of the datamined spells/NPCs that contain the string "squirky".
Invisible Stalker - Squirky Target had some changes to its sounds. Originally in 7.0.3 it contained in parts sounds that were similar or identical to Ancient Protector NPCs. However since build 7.1.0.22810 the sounds were changed to those of a Minfernal.

www.piratez.cc

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » November 30th, 2016, 10:41 am

Something to keep in mind is that GMs aren't all-knowing. They are tech support. When it comes to code, they may not have any more knowledge than we game-players have.

As proven in the past by me having to go through *four* GMs after Cataclysm to explain to them that my dwarf still somehow had 'Treasure Tracking' enabled, only to be told either 'They're supposed to have it as an ability' or 'I don't know what you're talking about'.

It wasn't until the *fifth* one who at least understood what I was telling them, and did a complete wipe of the character in order to remove it.

Jegojas
Pet Score:6427
BattleTag®:jego#2925
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu

Post by Jegojas » December 1st, 2016, 4:55 pm

aren't we all overlooking this : keep in mind that Terky came from a cave in a Wotlk zone while we was on dreanor. So why are we all searching in legion zones? shouldn't we be looking at the great sea surronding Cata or Mop zones? it says a secret clan , so maybe there is still a cave or something in mop where there are murlocs?

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » December 1st, 2016, 7:40 pm

There are only two ocean areas called "The Great Sea" used in the game at the moment, the ocean around the Broken Isles and the other zone by that name belongs to the Darkmoon Island.

WotLK has "The North Sea", Cata is either "The Veiled Sea" or "The Forbidding Sea" depending on continent, "The Maelstrom" or just "Vashj'ir", MoP has the "South Seas" and WoD has the "Barrier Sea".

With all that AP grind, in-game holidays and other busywork I didn't have much time during the last DMF, but two hours of ocean floor scrubbing didn't yield much except a lot of texture glitches. Maybe I have more time next week after finally getting my artifact weapon to 35 traits.

Personally I didn't check all the other ocean areas out yet. However I will probably take a closer look around the Isle of Thunder and Isle of Giants next time I'm farming old raids for transmogs nearby. :mrgreen: With the mentioned spell changes even the Tanaan Jungle coastline might be worth checking. Also any area with Tuskarrs is potentially interesting, assuming the captives on Seabreak Isle are a hint.

www.piratez.cc

Eddieo
Pet Score:4644
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Eddieo » December 2nd, 2016, 2:11 am

Not sure where you get the only two areas listed for the great sea are those two. On my map the entire sea to the east of Kalimdor or the west of the Eastern Kingdoms is listed as the Great Sea(multiple of the zones on these coasts show the great Sea as well when you zoom the map into them)...both of which are a TON of territory to comb for squirky...

Later EddieO