"Shiny" Mountain Cottontails

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us
"Shiny" Mountain Cottontails

Post by Maizing » October 30th, 2016, 12:41 am

I had a [pet]mountain cottontail[/pet] before the patch that changed this coat color into a color changer. After reading the news that they have given us back the shiny coat, I pulled the one I had out. To my surprise, it had the new shiny coat. I dismissed it and re-summoned it, and it was a different color. Apparently, the color changer now randomly changes color among the various colors that this pet is able to come in.

For comparison, here is a composite picture showing my shiny mountain cottontail in the "new" shiny coat, ordinary white, and an older shot from before Patch 7.0.

So, it appears that even if you have not caught a replacement yet, you can still show off your shiny pet (you just need to be willing to summon/dismiss it until it is the color you want it to be).

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: "Shiny" Mountain Cottontails

Post by Quintessence » October 30th, 2016, 1:15 am

I decided to keep my original "shiny" cottontail and get a second, new shiny version. The original's got a special spot in my collection - more-so now that it's a color-changer!

Plus its journal entry is awesome even though I can't actually summon it out with this appearance. I wish the golden skin was actually available to collect :P
color-changer-cottontail.png
color-changer-cottontail.png (86.51KiB)Viewed 4790 times
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » October 30th, 2016, 6:09 am

Not necessarily relevant to the OP but it is relevant to the thread title. I've noticed that wild mountain cottontails in Highmountain can spawn with a shiny texture, so you can just look at one in the wild and see if it's shiny or not. Of course,it's worth battling a normal one to see if there's a shiny one as a secondary pet, but you could also just kill them until you get a shiny one to spawn.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 31st, 2016, 6:46 pm

Quintessence wrote:I decided to keep my original "shiny" cottontail and get a second, new shiny version. The original's got a special spot in my collection - more-so now that it's a color-changer!

Plus its journal entry is awesome even though I can't actually summon it out with this appearance. I wish the golden skin was actually available to collect :P
I have to agree. I would love that golden version of the "shiny" mountain cottontail as an actual color.

Kiwimagic
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Kiwimagic » October 25th, 2020, 2:02 am

Quintessence wrote:
October 30th, 2016, 1:15 am
I decided to keep my original "shiny" cottontail and get a second, new shiny version. The original's got a special spot in my collection - more-so now that it's a color-changer!

color-changer-cottontail.png
U'm i can summon mine :/

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2020, 6:37 am

Seeing as how the original discussion is ~4 years old now, we'll be locking this thread to avoid any confusion.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to discuss the Mountain Cottontail further, thanks!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com