New Collector Advice

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aycee71
Pet Score:2565
Realm:Cenarius-us
New Collector Advice

Post by Aycee71 » December 13th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Hey all,

I stopped playing WoW for almost two years. Just recently started to play again and while back then I collected pets a bit I wasn't a heavy collector. When I started playing again I immediately fell into Pet Battles and I am loving it. I am kinda of having to relearn how to play WoW all over again (where's my talent trees?!). I 'd like to get more serious into collecting pets so my main question is what addons should I use? I'm not even sure where to get addons anymore. As I've been collecting I have been mostly looking at WoWHead and reading people's comments to get advice so I am getting better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hyacinthe
Pet Score:1841
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Re: New Collector Advice

Post by Hyacinthe » December 13th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Welcome back to WoW! I get my addons from Curse, and I use 3 pet-oriented addons. I use PetJournal Enhanced, Pet Battle Teams and Battle Pet Count. The last one isn't really necessary anymore, but I like how it displays the information. There are quite a few great addons out there for this, though.

Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Scarydreams » December 13th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Welcome back, If you will look under the Tools tab at the top you will find some very good links to the addons you are looking for. Good luck in your hunting and battles.

Moozipan
Pet Score:12470
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Moozipan » December 13th, 2012, 11:15 pm

I also love Pettracker. It allows you to filter your map by all pets, no pets, or pets that you can upgrade, and shows you where they can be found in the zone. It's like having the wowhead dot maps in game.