Raiding With Leashes IV drop rates!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Songsparrow
Pet Score:2929
Realm:Ysera-us
Re: Raiding With Leashes IV drop rates!

Post by Songsparrow » November 2nd, 2016, 2:30 pm

I have multiples of most pets (except Yogg and Iron Assembly), but I have killed Putricide 27 times with nothing to show for it. I have ran through most of my alts twice. I have three 100 boosts that I plan on using, so we'll see if I can go 0-30.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 2nd, 2016, 2:48 pm

Adding in my Creeping Tentacle experience:
  • Ran 14 characters through 25 man, 0 Keepers last week - no Creeping Tentacle
    Ran 12 characters through 25 man, 4 Keepers this week - dropped on the 12th attempt
And Wicked Soul and Drudge Ghoul experience:
  • All Heroic ICC - only saw Wicked Soul drop
    Switched it to Normal ICC - finally saw a Drudge Ghoul
Still purely anecdotal and it could all still be 100% RNG. I wish Blizzard would clarify for us!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Erdinger » November 2nd, 2016, 2:58 pm

Sarajiel wrote:Well, I just ran Yogg+4 for the 3rd time and the pet dropped. :mrgreen:

20x Yogg+0 and a couple of Yogg+1/Yogg+2 runs didn't drop anything. I guess we might be onto something here.
Having done it 8 times last week without any helpers, I got my hopes up when I read that, but another 3 kills and still nothing :( Ah well, still plenty of chances left :)

I see now, on wowhead etc., there are a few people who claim they've had the tentacle drop from 25 no keepers, so we might as well keep running that, to have a chance on the mount as well :) Imagine if they both dropped at the same time :D

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 2nd, 2016, 3:48 pm

Erdinger wrote: I see now, on wowhead etc., there are a few people who claim they've had the tentacle drop from 25 no keepers, so we might as well keep running that, to have a chance on the mount as well :) Imagine if they both dropped at the same time :D
The fun thing for me is that I got a tentacle on the PTR and I'm sure it was not a Yogg+4 run. However I can't remember if it was Yogg+0 or Yogg+1 (with Freya). I also don't know whether the PTR droprates match the rates on live, so it's all speculation from here on. On the other hand I barely got any pets on the PTR when I tried the raids.

Luckily I got the mount already, so I'll keep on running Ulduar with Yogg+4 some more. :mrgreen:

I'm still convinced that at least for Ulduar the rates are lower on 10m than on 25m. It doesn't seem to matter for TOC. Not sure about ICC, because I mainly run it on 25m normal for transmogs and I have no need for the mount either.

There's also the possibility that Blizzard hotfixed the droprates or loot tables for Yogg. The Undermine Journal reports ~120 tentacles for EU realms today compared to the 15-20 pets during the last 3 days. Interestingly enough the number already increased during last night before the realm restarts and the raid reset to ~40 tentacles.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 2nd, 2016, 4:45 pm

I know a at least one opportunistic person in my guild is trying to get a tentacle to sell, not for pet stuff. So it may also be word spreading.

I got my tentacle today on my 21st run and got my bunny just before I had to go to work :D
(oh, and it dropped on 25 Heroic, 0 keepers up using the LFG method to just farm the last boss. So looks like it can drop from all versions of Yogg. Flavors? Ew...)

I listed both it and the Drudge ghoul on the AH as soon as I was done. The drudge ghoul has already sold and the tentacle is probably a pipe dream price. But I've already managed to get enough gold for the TCG pets I'm missing and a few stubborn drops. (Granted, part of that was farming Halloween pets last week.) The dream would be getting enough for the celestial calf too. Probably not going to happen but I'm giving it a go while it's hot!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 2nd, 2016, 6:58 pm

I finally got the Tentacle tonight. Used 0 keepers again. Was on 25-man. Keepers don't seem to effect it. Not sure about 10 or 25, though my entire week of failures last week was on 10.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 3rd, 2016, 3:53 am

I just now got the Tentacle from Yogg with no keepers 25. This was my 13th run on Yogg+0 25 I think.

Only the Drudge Ghoul left. I'm considering trying Normal....

.... 30 minutes later ...

I had killed LK 25 HC 13 times already, from which I got an S/S Wicked Soul and a P/S Wicked Soul.

I switched to Normal for my 14th try.

This was my first attempt for RWL4 on 25N.

Out of superstition, I waited while the LK spawned some Drudge Ghouls, and killed them before killing the LK.

This time, I got the Drudge Ghoul drop.

Could be a coincidence, of course.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » November 3rd, 2016, 6:48 am

Gráinne wrote: .... 30 minutes later ...

....I got an S/S Wicked Soul....
Gratz! :D

I need one bad, envious... :mrgreen:

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 3rd, 2016, 7:05 am

The S/S Wicked Soul is an Imp's nightmare, for sure, but I'm not seeing it as more useful than a Kid against anything else.

I still want a H/H [pet]Blood Boil[/pet]. ;)

OK, so I forgot to mention the statistical bottom line.

I got the RWL achievement in 14 clears of all three raids.

Supremechaos
Pet Score:2364
BattleTag®:ur2ez#1175
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Supremechaos » November 3rd, 2016, 7:11 am

i ran all of them once last week and didnt get any drops, never lucky? it seems like most people got something each run

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » November 3rd, 2016, 7:46 am

Supremechaos wrote:i ran all of them once last week and didnt get any drops, never lucky? it seems like most people got something each run
I've ran all 3 with 12 char last week and 3 so far this week and have yet to see any trace of : creeping tentacle, dredge ghoul, wicked woul, dreadmaw or snobold runt. I had many a run without any single drop. So I don't know how much comfort that is, but you're not alone in being unlucky.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » November 3rd, 2016, 9:54 am

Gráinne wrote:The S/S Wicked Soul is an Imp's nightmare, for sure, but I'm not seeing it as more useful than a Kid against anything else.
Well, I got greedy and bought S/S from the AH for 6000G :mrgreen:

- Knight-Captain Murky
- Wicked Soul
- Graves

Brutal overpowered PVP team :shock: :shock:
(Honestly not kidding I just smashed Kid, Imp, Tero)

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » November 3rd, 2016, 1:00 pm

I'm only missing Sindragosa's Pet and the Wicked Soul now.

Sadly, I was really tired when I ran ICC on my best geared toon last night. It wasn't until the Drudge Ghoul dropped that I realized how EASY the fights had been, and that my best geared toon had just cleared 25N. Fail. She's the ONE that can sweep 25H without looking back. I'll have to see what i can do to get a few more 10H kills this week on my babies...hopefully it drops on those.

I got the Creeping Tentacle on Yogg 25 with no keepers, maybe my second or third kill overall. The day after I got a legendary...you'd better believe I ran every single instance with a mount that I could think of, just in case the RNG continued. (It didn't, lol)

I went to buy a Wicked Soul (S/S) off the AH, but only one of my toons can even SEE on on her auction house, and I don't have enough gold on that realm to buy it. So sad.

I WILL get it....someday!!!! At least Ulduar is done for now, unless there are breeds I need, I have to check, I've done maybe 5-10 runs total ICC, and 5 total runs Ulduar. 15-22 runs ToC, but that's because it's quick easy gold, so I run it on 11 toons every week anyway.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 3rd, 2016, 3:14 pm

Darolyn, if you have any extra Halloween pets I've noticed those are selling for the same price as WIcked Souls/Whelps on many realms. That could be an option for you.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » November 3rd, 2016, 3:36 pm

Vhale wrote:Darolyn, if you have any extra Halloween pets I've noticed those are selling for the same price as WIcked Souls/Whelps on many realms. That could be an option for you.
Nah, I'll farm them, I'll get them eventually. Just wanted to kick myself for not doing 25H on the one toon that speed runs it. The achievement has been out for what, ten days? I have time. My extra halloween pets all went to a friend. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » November 4th, 2016, 3:42 am

It may just be me, may be anecdotal, but I'm not seeing as many drops on 10H as I am on 25H (ICC). I saw one pet in each of two runs, when my 25H run had three pets.

Despite all the runs, I'm still missing a Soulbroken Whelpling. I have my Wicked Soul, but it's P/S, so will keep running.

More runs to come.

Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Alkaia » November 4th, 2016, 5:05 am

Still only got 4 of these pets - Not 1 from 4 runs of ToC.
Do I take it that they can all drop from any difficulty or are some H / N only ?

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683

Post by Nagini » November 4th, 2016, 7:39 am

November 3rd patch notes make mention of the tentacle of Yogg Saron, there were apparently issues with it not dropping correctly. Might see more of these in the coming weeks (Strangely enough, the only pet of Ulduar i got in my first run, RNG be RNG, 25man no lights as I don't have the mount. Yet.)

Aimpointer
Pet Score:4704
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Aimpointer » November 4th, 2016, 8:57 am

Nagini wrote:November 3rd patch notes make mention of the tentacle of Yogg Saron, there were apparently issues with it not dropping correctly. Might see more of these in the coming weeks (Strangely enough, the only pet of Ulduar i got in my first run, RNG be RNG, 25man no lights as I don't have the mount. Yet.)
Indeed drop rate has increased. Tentacle dropped yesterday for me, 10 normal mode with 4 keepers.
:D
AKA Wootzy

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 4th, 2016, 10:28 am

Alkaia wrote:Still only got 4 of these pets - Not 1 from 4 runs of ToC.
Do I take it that they can all drop from any difficulty or are some H / N only ?
The only ones that appear to be intended in only one mode are the Wicked Soul (heroic LK) and the Drudge Ghoul (normal LK). It looks like the Creeping Tentacle was only dropping in 25 and not 10 -- but was unintended and corrected by last night's hotfix.