Raiding With Leashes IV drop rates!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Re: Raiding With Leashes IV drop rates!

Post by Alkaia » November 4th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Gilneas wrote:
The only ones that appear to be intended in only one mode are the Wicked Soul (heroic LK) and the Drudge Ghoul (normal LK). It looks like the Creeping Tentacle was only dropping in 25 and not 10 -- but was unintended and corrected by last night's hotfix.
Cheers. Normally run these on 25 but will dust off a few lower alts to run one or two 10 man ICC

Swarlie
Pet Score:5992
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Swarlie » November 5th, 2016, 7:43 am

I am curious if anyone has tried running these after completing the achievement. I know mine is a small sample size but after getting stardust i ran two other toons there all three raids and did not get a single pet. Anyone else try?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 5th, 2016, 8:04 am

Based on my experience on running them before getting Stardust, getting 0 pets a couple times is not a surprising result.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 5th, 2016, 9:18 am

Swarlie wrote:I am curious if anyone has tried running these after completing the achievement. I know mine is a small sample size but after getting stardust i ran two other toons there all three raids and did not get a single pet. Anyone else try?
I'm still farming these raids on quite a number of characters for pets, gold and mainly transmogs. Even after getting [pet]Stardust[/pet] I usually see between 1 and 5 pets per character for all three raids combined. Out of 50+ complete clears I don't remember any runs that yielded no pets at all, but I guess I'm kinda lucky in general when it comes to Northrend drops. :lol:
Typically I run on 25m normal with some Ulduar bosses on hard mode. Algolon himself is usually done on 10m after clearing Yogg+0 for his elusive plate shoulders. On lower level characters I sometimes switch to TOC 10m for the faction champions, but that doesn't seem to matter for the later bosses.
Last edited by Sarajiel on November 5th, 2016, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 5th, 2016, 9:42 am

Gilneas wrote:Based on my experience on running them before getting Stardust, getting 0 pets a couple times is not a surprising result.
Just made a full run on one of my toon wit ZERO (0) pet drop ....

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 5th, 2016, 10:31 am

I've done 15 almost-complete runs of all three.

At least once I've had zero pets from a run of all three. Once I got 6. Mostly 2 or 3 per run.

No Snobold yet.

Berrenger
Pet Score:13552
Realm:Terokkar-eu

Post by Berrenger » November 5th, 2016, 12:41 pm

I've done a single run of each of the raids on 25 man normal mode, using my level 100 mage. The three raids yielded 7 of the pets, namely Magma Rageling, Winter Rageling, Blightbreath, Drudge Ghoul, Snaplasher, Blood Boil, and Soulbroken Whelpling.

Edit: Did another run through of all three raids, this time on 10 man normal mode, using my level 100 druid. This time only 2 pets dropped, Drudge Ghoul and Ultratonk.
Last edited by Berrenger on November 6th, 2016, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 5th, 2016, 4:26 pm

I've only run Ulduar once (on 25-man). I was not able to kill Yog at all in that run (I have since looked up the fight and think I will be able to do it on 10-man... which makes me glad that they fixed the drops).

I have all the pets from TOC, but am still doing that for extras to sell (and transmog items), but mostly I've been concentrating on ICC. I will probably pick up a [pet]Wicked Soul[/pet] from the AH because most of my characters are not able to do heroic.

Since I don't have Legion, my highest level characters are only 100. Some of them got gear from the invasions, but I have others that have only recently hit level 100 that didn't get to participate and have iLevels of around 600+/-.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » November 6th, 2016, 12:24 am

After 2 runs through all 3 raids with each of my 3 110 characters I completed the meta achieve (and got my third Invincible's Reigns) but did not get the Snobold.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 9th, 2016, 9:35 pm

Today for the first time I got both pets from Icehowl in one kill. :D

On the other hand I had also my first clear of all three raids without any pets dropping. Maybe I'm just a bit frustrated with WoW and Blizzard at the moment, but I'm under the impression that the pets don't seem to drop if you in a raid group.
Last week I started boosting one level 80 char of mine for a "Herald of the Titans" run in a mixed Ulduar 10/25 (switching between bosses) and ToC10 clear. During both clears this and last lockout I didn't see any pets dropping. Today I also took the level 80 to ICC and again no pets dropped. :(
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 13th, 2016, 10:05 am

I can on here to ask this too. I have terrible luck. I've done runs of all three where I get none. =.= I'm so glad it's not me. I was like 'once again, RNG must be hating on me!' :lol: I refuse to buy them off the AH though so I'm in for a slog.
Maizing wrote:I've only run Ulduar once (on 25-man). I was not able to kill Yog at all in that run (I have since looked up the fight and think I will be able to do it on 10-man... which makes me glad that they fixed the drops).
You can do it just fine. It's not hard. Simply annoying. You can also make it easier as well, if you talk to the bosses that ring the area. They give you buffs if you talk to them before you go down. At 110, you won't need any help. At level 90, you might. 25 man with no help is how you get the mount to drop too, if you collect those.

It's four phases. Run through clouds to spawn adds and kill them on top of annoying lady in phase 1. Keep your back to the bubble monster and kill any tentacles until the portals open in phase 2. Go in and you'll be ported to one of three places. They're all the same, basically. Keep your back to the skull thingies and kill all the neutral adds (they spawn tentacles when killed.) Head to the brain and kill it. That's 3. Then kill the boss in 4. Really, it just boils down to keeping your back to nearly everything in the encounter.