Falcosaur Matriarch bugged

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jarekucb
Pet Score:13984
Realm:Aggramar-us
Re: Falcosaur Matriarch bugged

Post by Jarekucb » October 29th, 2016, 5:00 pm

I already put in a ticket but GM said that there's nothing they can do and their QA team is trying to reproduce.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 29th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Jarekucb wrote:I already put in a ticket but GM said that there's nothing they can do and their QA team is trying to reproduce.
If you have another character, could try and collect the pet on an alt (needs to be level 110 and probably needs to have WQs unlocked).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jarekucb
Pet Score:13984
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Jarekucb » October 30th, 2016, 3:02 am

Quintessence wrote:
Jarekucb wrote:I already put in a ticket but GM said that there's nothing they can do and their QA team is trying to reproduce.
If you have another character, could try and collect the pet on an alt (needs to be level 110 and probably needs to have WQs unlocked).
Sadly, I only have 1 character =(

Manderley
Top Rater
Pet Score:12150
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Manderley » October 30th, 2016, 5:39 am

I'm not sure if I understand everything, I read on wowhead. Do I have do be the one to kill the matriarch or is it enough to take part in the killing?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 30th, 2016, 7:33 am

Taking part is fine. I've gotten them with only tagging.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Manderley
Top Rater
Pet Score:12150
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Manderley » October 30th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Thanks for the answer. When I first read you have to make the killing blow I was very frustrated, because so many try to get the pets.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » October 30th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Quintessence wrote:Killing the Matriarch should spawn the orphan 100%, but there are phasing issues in the active falcosaur WQ areas. Either CRZ, shard, or whatever it's called is likely messing with the spawning.

A guildmate and I had a similar problem for both Bloodgazer and Snowfeather.

Here are some things that we tried that ultimately helped:
  • Leave the questing area and come back
  • If in a party, drop group and reform
  • If not in a group, find someone from your server in the same area and create a group with them
  • Kill the Matriarch again (and be sure to loot her body - there is no special item you need to pick up, but Muffinus mentioned it so maybe the action of looting is important)
And lastly, the orphan doesn't spawn directly next to the Matriarch. It has a static spawn in the questing area; using /tar orphan helps locate it.
Those steps are nowhere near a guarantee for it to work..

Day 1:
- Val'sharah, pet spawned on first kill
- Highmountain, pet spawned on 6th kill. I left area and came back.. Killed matriarch before and after WQ was complete.. Logged out and in.. It was just pure luck on 6th try.

Day 3:
- Stormheim, same experiences as Highmountain, but I already got it on 5th attempt..

Now it's day 5 and Azsuna haven't been active yet.. Highmountain was active again on day 4..

I play on the biggest EU server, so CRZ and sharing isn't active, so that cannot interfere.. Didn't do it in group or raid..

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928

Post by Quintessence » October 30th, 2016, 3:16 pm

It's pretty buggy - I've heard situations where players could see the orphan, had its favorite food in their bags, and yet still didn't receive the option to collect them. :(

Just keep trying [profile]FuxieDK[/profile]!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » October 30th, 2016, 4:29 pm

Quintessence wrote:It's pretty buggy - I've heard situations where players could see the orphan, had its favorite food in their bags, and yet still didn't receive the option to collect them. :(

Just keep trying [profile]FuxieDK[/profile]!
Bloodgazer (the last one) went active tonight (somewhere between 16 and 21).. First attempt, no pet..
Second kill, got the last pet..

Celin
Pet Score:10251
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Celin » October 31st, 2016, 5:40 am

In two of the WQs for the falocosaur pets - it wasn't until I'd also killed a Patriarch that the orphan showed up.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » October 31st, 2016, 10:25 am

It took me three attempts with the one from highmountain and 2 from the one in stormheim, they are very buggy atm but just keep killing the matriarch and popping back to check, you will get it eventually!

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928

Post by Gorlab » October 31st, 2016, 2:53 pm

In my experiences if you do the WQ. Then kill the Matriarch, I have never failed to see or be able to feed/capture the pet. I think people are probably killing the Matriarch before completion of the WQ which leads to them thinking it is bugged.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 31st, 2016, 9:32 pm

Gorlab wrote:In my experiences if you do the WQ. Then kill the Matriarch, I have never failed to see or be able to feed/capture the pet. I think people are probably killing the Matriarch before completion of the WQ which leads to them thinking it is bugged.
It actually worked for me on two of them to kill the matriarch before finishing the WQ. I got the orphan before I did as well. I think it is just buggy. May have to do with shard switching issues as well.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Bandx
Pet Score:12182
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Bandx » November 1st, 2016, 12:05 pm

One clarifying question regarding going back into the zone - do you still have to have an active quest there or will it stay spawned after you complete it? And does anyone have the spawn locations (like the way Subjectv posted on page 1).

The one in Azsuna is just south of the Matriarch spawn next to fallen tree.

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928

Post by Gorlab » November 1st, 2016, 12:23 pm

Spawn locations:
Orphaned Direbeak, Stormheim - 79.79, 69.59 (Pungent Vrykul Gamalost)
Orphaned Bloodgazer, Azsuna - 35.5, 7.5 (Azsunian Grapes)
Orphaned Sharptalon, Val'Sharah - 47, 10.5 (Dried Bilberries)
Orphaned Snowfeather, Highmountain - 32.5, 28.2 (Smoked Elderhorn)

Zhandi
Pet Score:11040
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Zhandi » January 24th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Sunderscape wrote:i had the same problem with 1000 pets preventing me from getting the orphan. the GM told me there's nothing they can do and to submit a bug report.

killing the matriarch doesn't do anything. the pet is phased out (others can see it if they haven't gotten the pet yet, but i can't).

i guess that's it. just gotta wait forever or level another alt to do it.

Same exact thing happened to me. I put in a couple of tickets, and a bug report. The pet is 1/1 unique and since your pet journal is shared by account, not even using another character will make him appear. This is so super frustrating :(

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 24th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Have you tried caging some of your tradeable pets to open up journal space, so that you can pick up the new pets? Or is it if you had 1000 when doing the quest in the first place, it's permanently bugged?

Zhandi
Pet Score:11040
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Zhandi » February 1st, 2017, 1:09 pm

I have since upgraded to 1500 slots, but the Snowfeather Hatchling is now permanently bugged for me. It's like some bit got set that I fed it already (when I was at 1000 journal limit) and it will no longer appear for me. WoW seems to only rez the orphan if it detects you haven't fed him yet. The fix would be to rez him all the time. I've filed multiple bug reports and spoke with multiple GMs. Nothing they can do... *sadface*