Echo Batling Problems.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:11897
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Echo Batling Problems.

Post by NeverFinal » September 18th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Finishing up capturing the wilds that im missing in legion and this pet is messed up. I found 1 pretty quick and it was gray so i killed it and ran around some more and saw a few critter versions and you cant kill them. The one i killed before spawned as a critter so now there is no battle pet versions at all and i cant make any spawn. I dont know what to do lol.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Echo Batling Problems.

Post by Gráinne » September 18th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Go to one of their other spawn spots? Wait for another day? They're not hard to find, and should not be a problem

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 19th, 2016, 1:14 am

NeverFinal wrote:Finishing up capturing the wilds that im missing in legion and this pet is messed up. I found 1 pretty quick and it was gray so i killed it and ran around some more and saw a few critter versions and you cant kill them. The one i killed before spawned as a critter so now there is no battle pet versions at all and i cant make any spawn. I dont know what to do lol.
Never ever kill a wild pet, when you haven't caught one already..

I always trap the first I find, regardless of color... Subsequently, I look for blues, but not religiously as stones are someasy to get a hold of..
Imagine, if you had killed a grey Minfernal, Stormstruck Beaver or Unborn Val'kyr; you might spend months before finding a new one..

That said.... Echo Batling is not rare.. There is always one or more up, whenever I am in Highmountain..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 19th, 2016, 1:47 am

FuxieDK wrote:
NeverFinal wrote:Finishing up capturing the wilds that im missing in legion and this pet is messed up. I found 1 pretty quick and it was gray so i killed it and ran around some more and saw a few critter versions and you cant kill them. The one i killed before spawned as a critter so now there is no battle pet versions at all and i cant make any spawn. I dont know what to do lol.
Never ever kill a wild pet, when you haven't caught one already..

I always trap the first I find, regardless of color... Subsequently, I look for blues, but not religiously as stones are someasy to get a hold of..
Imagine, if you had killed a grey Minfernal, Stormstruck Beaver or Unborn Val'kyr; you might spend months before finding a new one..

That said.... Echo Batling is not rare.. There is always one or more up, whenever I am in Highmountain..
My own policy is to always catch the first of any new pet I come across, regardless of breed or quality. But some of us really delight in the maddening chase of trying to catch wild pets in rare quality with certain breeds, even if we're still hoarding stones from 2 expansions ago... ;) I'm not so stubborn as to try that with truly hard to find pets, but something like an Olivetail Hare or Mud Jumper? Bring it on.

If a pet is not slow spawning/rare spawning AND there's no one else around actively pet battling, I think you're well within your rights to kill off the poorer quality ones. This is assuming you're aware of what pets are actually rare (i.e. a Stormstruck Beaver) vs a pet that's maybe a little scattered with spawning (i.e. Echo Batling, usually only 1 or 2 per area but available in multiple areas) - I'd like to think that most regular visitors to this site fall under that category.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 19th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Klax wrote: I have so many stones, I just find the breed I want, regardless of quality.
Keep in mind that we now have world quests that reward Flawless Battle-Stones and are doable by each of your level 110 characters each WQ cycle. This will cause a huge drop in prizes for these stones in a couple of weeks.

There's also Children's Week once a year that rewards them in large quantities if you have enough alts level 15+.

Without the upgrade penalty it seems to me that waiting for that one rare spawn is quite a lot of wasted time, unless you like the thrill of the hunt. ;)
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 19th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Sarajiel wrote:Without the upgrade penalty it seems to me that waiting for that one rare spawn is quite a lot of wasted time, unless you like the thrill of the hunt. ;)
I try to remind myself of that, that I have over 200 blue stones at any given time, and yet...

It's absolutely the thrill of the hunt. It's that little burst of excitement you get when the rare, brown, H/S Yakrat you've farmed for 2 days straight suddenly appears in front of you. Maybe most people can't see how that would be remotely exciting, but the mix of relief and "YES!" and "Oh GOD PLEASE don't die before I land the trap!" is addicting for some. :D

Unknownhand
Top Rater
Pet Score:5589
Realm:Haomarush-us

Post by Unknownhand » September 19th, 2016, 2:36 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Sarajiel wrote:Without the upgrade penalty it seems to me that waiting for that one rare spawn is quite a lot of wasted time, unless you like the thrill of the hunt. ;)
I try to remind myself of that, that I have over 200 blue stones at any given time, and yet...

It's absolutely the thrill of the hunt. It's that little burst of excitement you get when the rare, brown, H/S Yakrat you've farmed for 2 days straight suddenly appears in front of you. Maybe most people can't see how that would be remotely exciting, but the mix of relief and "YES!" and "Oh GOD PLEASE don't die before I land the trap!" is addicting for some. :D
That is why you run with a Terrible Turnip so you can't kill it O_O...

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 19th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Unknownhand wrote:
Peanutty wrote:

It actually is possible to lose at capturing a wild pet even with a Turnip because of things like the wild pet suiciding. Very rare, but possible.

I choose to not run with a Turnip as my capture teams are also leveling teams and the Turnip and Molten Corgi are... very weak to have to rely on to carry the majority of the fight. I've lost captured pets from losing the overall fight, because my Turnip let me down. Or... maybe I like frustrating myself, gauging my next attack with paranoia, wondering if this will be the time that a crit strike fails me. :oops:

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 21st, 2016, 11:24 pm

Unknownhand wrote:
Peanutty wrote:

Or the Corgi.. It's actually cuter..

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » September 26th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I have the grey but I was hoping to go back and get a blue. Same issue as the OP. I remember the first time I ran around this cave it was littered with green paws. Now it's all immortal critters. Hopefully the weekly resets will fix them or I'll end up stoning mine like my minfernal.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 26th, 2016, 11:24 pm

Hi,

If the pet is Poor or Common, I tend not to pick it up at all. I don't think there are many pets in the game that only come in the Poor and Common configurations. In general, if I am getting tired (at 65 it happens you know!), I will keep an Uncommon, depending on its abilities. A pet with S/S or P/P or one of the other highly usable styles, is worth getting, and then you can use the Blue Rock on it.

One issue. I have about 78 Greens left to upgrade ... and 40 of those are bought pets from vendors and stores and such. The others, the mid-levels I will likely try to get a Rare in fights, otherwise they are on the list to upgrade. Lots of cats!

One last issue/example. BEFORE they changed the availability of the Unborn Val'kir, since there were only two types of them, you just took what you got and that was that ... as it could have taken you two or three more months to get/find another one. Since then, this is not as much of an issue, but I would still have a Blue Rock ready for them, when you go after them. One has 1800+ hit points and the other 1500+, and they are both great in their own way. The only other pet that I took whatever I could find, was the Minfernal, that took me almost 2 months to find in several servers.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 27th, 2016, 1:18 am

Uduwudu wrote:If the pet is Poor or Common, I tend not to pick it up at all.
For the Safari achievement I now always pick up the first of any pet I don't have, regardless of quality. Worst thing is to find out after the fact that the pet that wasn't "good enough quality" is actually a bit rarer or trickier to spawn than you thought!
Uduwudu wrote: I don't think there are many pets in the game that only come in the Poor and Common configurations.
Out of wild pets right now, there shouldn't be ANY like that, but it's happened in the past that a wild pet or two has slipped through testing and failed to spawn any rares at all.