800th pet needs an achieve

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Re: 800th pet needs an achieve

Post by Yazhi » September 13th, 2016, 6:27 am

I'm also quite surprised there isn't one...but I'm kinda hoping still that they decide to add one in later on :)

It's not all about the achievements and getting another pet as a reward, but it is a nice acknowledgement of when you reach that high number in your collection that wow you actually made it! Something to work towards as a goal.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » September 13th, 2016, 9:33 am

100% agree with an achievement (providing the total can be achieved without the need to buy pets or items which have 'free' pets).

The achievement should have a reward which increases the total number of pets you can have by 500.

Peterc

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 13th, 2016, 7:46 pm

Peterc wrote:100% agree with an achievement (providing the total can be achieved without the need to buy pets or items which have 'free' pets).
That's the problem with an achievement for 800 pets. A quick search gave me 63 out of 861 pets that are from promotions, the pet store, collector editions, BlizzCon, TCG, etc. While some of those pets can be caged and traded, a more realistic achievement might be 700 or 750 pets.

Personally I don't care about that little box in my character-sheet that adds 10 more points to my achievement score. It doesn't actually matter to me if it's something recognized by the Devs. It still is a tremendous (and somewhat expensive) achievement anyway.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Shironu
MVP
Pet Score:14008
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Shironu » September 16th, 2016, 1:00 pm

800 is pretty easy now to get , i hope on a 1k unique achievement in like 2 more expansions or so, legion pets are all easy to get , it just takes a while like pvp / rep and druidclass pets just need abit of luck bit its not a real challenge atm

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » September 16th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Pets were never meant to be a real challenge to get though. Legion pets take more time invested than most of all of the older ones. The only ones I can think of on the top of my head that really took significant time or effort was the Stunted Direhorn, the Celestial Tournaments, and Trunks. Most everything else was luck or you just just straight buy for gold. Legion requires 2 classes 105 and one 100. PvP on both factions. The Family Familiar achievement is going to take some time. A very large portion of players isn't going to even get Celestial Calf. The randomness/time gate of Alchemy pets is pretty annoying.