Blizzcon Digital tickets available now!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Blizzcon Digital tickets available now!

Post by Yazhi » July 31st, 2016, 2:05 pm

I'm not sure about anyone else, but recently I saw the Blizzcon digital tickets go up on the store recently and got that mini wave of excitement :D

We have always received a little companion with this event and tend to be of the murlocious variety, and to be honest, they are generally pretty sweet.

What do you think the new pet will be (hoping we do get one!)? Will you be buying a ticket? Going to the event itself?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Blizzcon Digital tickets available now!

Post by Peanutty » July 31st, 2016, 4:55 pm

I'm hoping Squirky isn't the pet (since it's not currently flagged as a Blizzcon pet) and they already did Murkidan last year, so... not sure what would be the obvious theme for the next murloc pet. I don't play other Blizzard games so not sure if there's anything new on the horizon that would be an obvious tie in.

If there's no pet I most likely will not get a virtual ticket. So I do hope there will be one, since after watching the last two years' streams I ended up a fan of both 3v3 arena and hearthstone tournaments. I don't participate in either (PVP or hearthstone) but for some reason I love to watch!

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » August 1st, 2016, 10:27 am

If there's no pet I most likely will not get a virtual ticket. So I do hope there will be one, since after watching the last two years' streams I ended up a fan of both 3v3 arena and hearthstone tournaments. I don't participate in either (PVP or hearthstone) but for some reason I love to watch!
I think it's because you don't play either that they are more fun to watch, if that makes sense. I don't like playing Overwatch, but I do like watching the occasional Youtube video. Likewise, hockey is the only sport I can't play, and the only sport I watch on TV. I think for some people, if you do it, it's same old same old, but if you don't, you get a new perspective watching and can really enjoy it as opposed to playing it.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 1st, 2016, 1:52 pm

Worgenbait wrote:
I think it's because you don't play either that they are more fun to watch, if that makes sense. I don't like playing Overwatch, but I do like watching the occasional Youtube video. Likewise, hockey is the only sport I can't play, and the only sport I watch on TV. I think for some people, if you do it, it's same old same old, but if you don't, you get a new perspective watching and can really enjoy it as opposed to playing it.
Very likely. I thought I'd like raid/dungeon race type videos better, but because raiding is what I do, turns out that I really see no reason to watch people doing what I already do poorly for hours. :) Granted, high end players are far more organized so watching their coordination is one thing that does impress and appeal to me.

In the same vein I think it's the extreme coordination required for high ranked arena play that I find exciting, though I find it boring when half the teams are rogue-mage-druid lol.

I only started watching Hearthstone videos because it's what my spouse likes playing (funny that you mentioned hockey, it's because of him that I watch hockey), and I was trying to understand the strategy and such behind the game. It's actually pretty fascinating.

Since I'm way off topic now I'll add this: if there was such a thing as a Blizzcon PVP pet battle tournament or something, I don't know if I'd watch. I'd give it a go, but if it was all mirror comps and strategies I don't know if it would be terribly interesting.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 8th, 2016, 7:23 am

I'll definitely get a ticket, whether there is a pet or not, as I love to watch all the panels and competitions. A pet would be a really really nice bonus though! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Nikkip
Pet Score:10818
BattleTag®:Nikki#1932
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Nikkip » August 9th, 2016, 11:47 am

Peanutty wrote:I'm hoping Squirky isn't the pet (since it's not currently flagged as a Blizzcon pet) and they already did Murkidan last year, so... not sure what would be the obvious theme for the next murloc pet. I don't play other Blizzard games so not sure if there's anything new on the horizon that would be an obvious tie in.

I wont buy if there is no pet either. ( I will if there is a mount). The ONLY reason I buy it, is for the pet. I don't watch it, don't care to. just want the goodies
t