Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Word of Caution-Landro Longshot *Update*

Post by Jaladar » July 24th, 2016, 8:57 am

I tried turning in a loot card the other day...got the code from the redemption website after several tries of reading the very small code wrong. Then found the item I was eligible for, copy and pasted the code into Landro's text box, and nothing.

Tried several more times. Still nothing. Put in a ticket and got an auto response back after a few days saying they are aware of the issue and there is nothing else I need to do. No ETA or anything provided.

So if you have or are getting cards to redeem for pets you don't have, you may wanna hold off a little bit. I will repost here if/when I get this resolved for anyone of you that may be in that position.

Jal

Update--Just got word he was fixed so I flew down to check and he did work. However, I had to codes to redeem and the first worked fine. The second said something about not being able to validate the code and to try again. After a few attempts I submitted a ticket, but when I got done I realized I had mail and it was the item from the second code. So if it doesn't seem to work go check your mail as it may show up there than directly to your bags. Better than not working at all.
Last edited by Jaladar on August 22nd, 2016, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdog
Top Rater

Re: Word of Caution-Landro Longshot

Post by Bigdog » July 24th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Going back a couple of years on this but....

I had problems with a TCG code for a nightsaber cub. I redeemed the code from the website but Landro Longshot would not accept the code.
I raised a ticket and was told: "This is most likely an issue with the recent realm connections and we will for sure get this looked into. I have escalated this information up to a team who can work on the code and fix it or clear it so you can get a new one to use. This could take a while though so it wont be a fast turn around."

The problem was that my realm was connected to another, the other one being considered the "main" or "original" realm so I guess Landro was only accepting codes from the original realm.
I chased the issue a few times on the same ticket and GMs kept closing it saying it would be dealt with soon(TM) but refusing to give me an ETA.

A whole year passed(!) and still I had not been contacted. So I raised a new ticket. This time a rather splendid GM simply gave me a new code Landro accepted and I finally got the pet.

Not sure if this is the same as your issue but I had completely forgotten about it until I read your post!

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » July 24th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Yea I remember that too--I have great timing when it comes to trying to redeem these things. I am sure it is probably related to the patch or the new realms that were CRZ'd with us recently. Either way, I plan to recontact them after a bit and see what the status is...the reply I got was automated (even said so) while I was online so I didn't even get to ask anything.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » July 25th, 2016, 3:34 am

I also had this problem and made a ticket. Actually got to talk to a GM in-game. Apparently, he/she didn't know anything about the problem so I gave a link to a topic about this from the official forum.
Advice was just to wait for a fix and keep trying to redeem it.

Chubbyzombie
Pet Score:7799
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Chubbyzombie » July 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

I contacted support by phone. They're aware and trying to fix it. They said check once a week. Previously when they had this issue due to CRZ it took almost a month. They were unable to simply give me the pet at that moment.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » July 29th, 2016, 4:39 am

Good luck, hope it gets sorted soon.

Remember the drama when if you had any bad addons, like bagnon or whatever, then you'd redeem the code but nothing would ever appear. Good times... *rosy goggles* :lol:

Jaladar
Top Rater

Re: Word of Caution-Landro Longshot *Update*

Post by Jaladar » August 22nd, 2016, 6:37 am

Posted this as an update to the OP, but figured I would add here for anyone following along.

Jal

Update--Just got word he was fixed so I flew down to check and he did work. However, I had to codes to redeem and the first worked fine. The second said something about not being able to validate the code and to try again. After a few attempts I submitted a ticket, but when I got done I realized I had mail and it was the item from the second code. So if it doesn't seem to work go check your mail as it may show up there than directly to your bags. Better than not working at all.