Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Legion Pets and Pet Charms

Post by Milotha » May 28th, 2016, 8:41 am

I was in the hospital when all the original new information on Legion battle pets came out, so I missed a bit of the information. I am wondering how many pet charms I need to farm for buying, upgrading, and leveling pets. I was wondering if anyone knows the following:

1) How many pet charms will be required to buy the new pets?

2) Are there any new sources of pet charms in Legion?

3) How many new pets are there?

4) How many of these pets will require a blue stone for upgrade?

5) Will a new resource similar to pet charms be available for farming and if so how many per day and what can we get with them?

6) Are there any new sources of the uber purple 25 level pet upgrade stone?

Sorry if I've missed this information elsewhere.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: Legion Pets and Pet Charms

Post by Dalandius » May 28th, 2016, 9:40 am

Milotha wrote:I was in the hospital when all the original new information on Legion battle pets came out, so I missed a bit of the information. I am wondering how many pet charms I need to farm for buying, upgrading, and leveling pets. I was wondering if anyone knows the following:

1) How many pet charms will be required to buy the new pets?

2) Are there any new sources of pet charms in Legion?

3) How many new pets are there?

4) How many of these pets will require a blue stone for upgrade?

5) Will a new resource similar to pet charms be available for farming and if so how many per day and what can we get with them?

6) Are there any new sources of the uber purple 25 level pet upgrade stone?

Sorry if I've missed this information elsewhere.
Point 1 there are 6 pets current purchased with pet charms in Legion for a total cost of 700 charms.
Point 2 Not sure of what they are but I think tamers and the new tournament (WoD content will get the it's rewards cut in half,2 instead of 4 charms for tamers).
Point 3 Unknown they are still adding them (http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/unlisted/) for a list of datamined pets
Point 4 Unknown they are still adding them.
Point 5 Pet charms is still the resource, I do not know how many you can get a day.
Point 6 No epic pets that got pull months ago.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 28th, 2016, 11:14 am

I think for 6, they meant the [url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=122457/ultimate-battle-training-stone]Ultimate Battle-Training Stone[/url]. I don't believe we've found a new source in Legion yet. I'd imagine they would replace the current version with a new means.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 28th, 2016, 11:30 am

Sorry to hear that you had to spend time in the hospital. Hopefully you're ok!

1) How many pet charms will be required to buy the new pets? -
700 Pet Charms for the new pets, and 1000 for the new toy (Narcissa's Mirror).

2) Are there any new sources of pet charms in Legion? -
Yes, at max level (110) you'll have access to World Quests. Each day 3 random Pet Battles will pop up, and they have a chance to reward between ~10 to ~20 charms per quest. The reward is random though, and you may not always get Pet Charms.

3) How many new pets are there? -
Current count is 96. Could be more, could be less, we'll see!

4) How many of these pets will require a blue stone for upgrade? -
Unknown at this time, but there will be ~35+ wild pets (if you want to just capture and upgrade using battlestones).

5) Will a new resource similar to pet charms be available for farming and if so how many per day and what can we get with them? -
No new currency or resource at this time. This could change prior to Legion, but for now Pet Charms are the go-to.

6) Are there any new sources of the uber purple 25 level pet upgrade stone? -
No, not that I'm aware of.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 28th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Thanks all. Your answers were very helpful and informative. Greatly appreciated.

I am much better now, and hoping it will stay that way for life. 95% chance. I'm walking around, doing all the house chores, (which I am grateful to be able to do), and able to do an hour long work out and 20 min walks. Far improvement from fully paralyzed, on a respirator, with near full autonomic dysfunction. [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain%E2%80%93Barr%C3%A9_syndrome[/url]

Reallygoodtv
Pet Score:4681
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Reallygoodtv » May 28th, 2016, 4:53 pm

on the same vein but not quite the same question what will be the total number of pets we can have in the xpansion at the moment its 1000 will it be more?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » May 28th, 2016, 5:57 pm

Reallygoodtv wrote:on the same vein but not quite the same question what will be the total number of pets we can have in the xpansion at the moment its 1000 will it be more?
1500, but you have to earn the extra space:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/legion-alpha-new-pets-pocket-pet-portal-wow-anniversary-/