Share pet collecting news and advice.
Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu
Re: [Web AH Tool] Pet Magpie

Post by Drudatz » April 30th, 2016, 5:04 am

Damn that looks QUITE NICE BUT
Now I have to have a tab open for every of my realms.

Next what you should do is have more then one realm looked at per page so I dont have to open 3 Tabs to check Kazzak, Bronze Dragonflight and Alonsus :D

Morazor
Pet Score:8852
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Morazor » April 30th, 2016, 5:25 am

I have to do some tests for the multi-realm thing. It's doable, basically it's just merging data from multiple realms. I have to see if it manages to perform decently with big amounts of data.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » April 30th, 2016, 5:37 am

Oh and just one small thing: when I choose a german realm it automaticaly sets the language to german
(not a big deal Im a native german and found the language settings quickly) but it was alittle bit unexpected seeing that the main page is english :)

Morazor

Post by Morazor » April 30th, 2016, 5:40 am

Drudatz wrote:Oh and just one small thing: when I choose a german realm it automaticaly sets the language to german
(not a big deal Im a native german and found the language settings quickly) but it was alittle bit unexpected seeing that the main page is english :)
I know... I should translate the whole thing, not just pet names... but I'm a bit short on translators ATM :D

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » April 30th, 2016, 1:01 pm

Morazor wrote:I know... I should translate the whole thing, not just pet names... but I'm a bit short on translators ATM :D
Sorry my bad english I mean the contrary when I start on an english page I DONT want to see the next page in english. I play in english since forever and everything than english pet names gives me the jivis :D

Morazor

Post by Morazor » April 30th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Yep, switching language like that may feel weird. I'll leave english as a default.

BTW: I added multiple realms support. There's a "Manage realms..." button that makes you add more realms. It looks like it's working fine... and I have already spotted some cheap pets I miss on a server where some friends of mine play, I'm gonna beg for some gold :D

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 1st, 2016, 3:55 am

I've experimented a bit of pet trading between realms and I think it may be helpful to add a section about best pet trades between realms. There are already other websites doing that but I think it would make sense to include it because I found a lot of cheap pets on another realm but I have no money to spend... so all the multi-realm thing becomes quite useless :D

The only workaround at the moment is to search by name pets you want to sell to compare the auctions between realms... it may help but you have to search manually anyway.

That being said, I think it won't happen very soon because on the next week I may be quite busy with a game jam (at least if I find a good idea for the game to make). I'll be checking this thread anyway, so if you have suggestions or bug reports or anything I'll be reading and replying as well :D
Last edited by Morazor on May 1st, 2016, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » May 1st, 2016, 5:00 am

Morazor wrote:Yep, switching language like that may feel weird. I'll leave english as a default.

BTW: I added multiple realms support. There's a "Manage realms..." button that makes you add more realms. It looks like it's working fine... and I have already spotted some cheap pets I miss on a server where some friends of mine play, I'm gonna beg for some gold :D
Manage realms doesnt work for me - does that only work if you have the SAME toonname on every realm?

As my english is not the best I try to explain it simple:

#1 I add my toon petttrading@kazzak and get auctions shown
#2 I add my mains realm Kul Tiras but I have no possibility to choose a toon and get zero auctions shown
#3 I add Kazzak and get no auctions shown too but I know there are 2 up.
Last edited by Drudatz on May 1st, 2016, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 1st, 2016, 5:02 am

Drudatz wrote:Manage realms doesnt work for me - does that only work if you have the SAME toonname on every realm?
No, it just add another auction house regardless of characters you have on other servers. If you don't see the button at all it may be a browser cache issue... clear your browser cache and try again. If you use Firefox just hold shit while clicking on the refresh icon and it should be fine.

PS: It should appear near your toon name at the top at any time, like this:
Senza titolo.png
Senza titolo.png (10.97KiB)Viewed 5717 times
PPS: I'll have look! Looks like something is going wrong :roll:

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 1st, 2016, 5:11 am

Morazor wrote:I've experimented a bit of pet trading between realms and I think it may be helpful to add a section about best pet trades between realms. There are already other websites doing that but I think it would make sense to include it because I found a lot of cheap pets on another realm but I have no money to spend... so all the multi-realm thing becomes quite useless :D

The only workaround at the moment is to search by name pets you want to sell to compare the auctions between realms... it may help but you have to search manually anyway.
*whistles*

@Drudatz, pets once fetched from a character stay here, you don't need to recollect the journal from other realms.
What I can see now is a pretty good thing already, even a bit too good for calling it a placeholder unless I don't notice something:
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (218.28KiB)Viewed 5714 times
You just need to unhide multiple offers by that "v" next to the name. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » May 1st, 2016, 6:19 am

Dont mind me silly. I didnt realized the ARrow down to show all AHs....
:/

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 1st, 2016, 9:10 am

Paladance wrote:*whistles*
Ok, ok, I'll say the infamous sentence:

"You were right"

:P

Anyway, I've fixed a bug: looks like since a couple of days if the character isn't found it would just keep showing the loading screen instead of giving an error. Ok, I love that spinning star but maybe like that was a bit too much.
Also, sometimes loading screens can get long (above all if you use many realms) so I've added some extra details to make the user aware of what is going on.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 1st, 2016, 12:48 pm

Morazor wrote: I'll fix it ASAP, I've done some further testing and there's something messy in Azuremyst data.

EDIT: Fixed it, it should work now!
Yep - can confirm that the fix worked - thanks!!

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 2nd, 2016, 12:39 am

Am I so mean :( or just a bit?

I have a lil' suggestion, absolutely not a very high priority.
As we have most of the things stored in the cookies anyway, could we have an option to set an alternative ringtone? I have nothing against the current one, just I can imagine that after several days each signal gets old. :P

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 2nd, 2016, 2:55 am

Paladance wrote:Am I so mean :( or just a bit?
Naah, I was just joking :P

About the alternative sound: I have to check out if it can be made. Web pages have some limits for security reasons, if I remember correctly, access to local files is a troublesome matter.

I'd also like to add an animated magpie if I manage :P

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 2nd, 2016, 6:26 am

Morazor wrote:Naah, I was just joking :P
Me too. :P

Good luck with the animation! Though with the webpage running in the background it kinda doesn't matter, if it moves or not? :P
Maybe something would stop it (swap the files, actually) after giving the realm settings.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » May 3rd, 2016, 3:39 am

Hi Morazor :)

I want to thank you for the work you put into this nice little online tool of yours as well! Especially the multiple realms option is very helpful and already saved me some time and gold. However I noticed two things that might improve your tool and help other pet collectors and pet traders.

I don't know much about Blizzard's web API so it might not be possible to implement the first idea.
Can you merge the "unused" pets from the auction house category "miscellaneous > companion pets" with the caged pets from the "battle pet" category. Personally I got some very nice bargains from buying rare drop companions instead of the caged version of the same pet.

The other thing that might be especially helpful for pet traders would be predefined filters for various pet categories like "TCG pets", "classic raid drops", "TBC raid drops", "quest rewards", "seasonal pets" and the like.

Thanks in advance and keep up your great work!
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 3rd, 2016, 5:18 am

Sarajiel wrote:Can you merge the "unused" pets from the auction house category "miscellaneous > companion pets" with the caged pets from the "battle pet" category.
I should do it definitely, but I still have to see how to do it. I'll look into it ASAP.
Sarajiel wrote:The other thing that might be especially helpful for pet traders would be predefined filters for various pet categories like "TCG pets", "classic raid drops", "TBC raid drops", "quest rewards", "seasonal pets" and the like.
Yep, it would be useful indeed. I'll check out if the Blizzard API has these informations.

As I'm not doing the game jam I planned to do, I spent some other time on Magpie.
I'll do an update today or tomorrow, I've added a section for the most profitable trades between realms that shows top trades in terms of percentage of gain. You'll be able to set:

- from which realm you want to buy
- to which realm you want to sell
- the maximum buying price
- the minimum selling price

I'm still testing it, with these settings you'll be able to filter out pets that sell for too low regardless of the percentage gain and the pets that cost more than what you can afford.

The only issue is that if someone puts a ridiculously high price on a pet nobody else is selling, it will be shown as a very good deal instead of being shown as a "nobody-will-ever-buy-it-at-that-price" deal. But I think that there's no solution to that, unless I don't start doing statistics on pet prices... which I don't want to to, basically because TUJ already does it very well.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 3rd, 2016, 5:37 am

Morazor wrote: I'll do an update today or tomorrow, I've added a section for the most profitable trades between realms that shows top trades in terms of percentage of gain. You'll be able to set:

- from which realm you want to buy
Couldn't it just paste the realms we've already chosen for the current preview? :) (I understand you don't scrap it, no need for!) After all, we won't buy anything from realms where we don't have enough cash. We can, however, sell onto the new realms so the other settings are useful.
Morazor wrote:The only issue is that if someone puts a ridiculously high price on a pet nobody else is selling, it will be shown as a very good deal instead of being shown as a "nobody-will-ever-buy-it-at-that-price" deal. But I think that there's no solution to that, unless I don't start doing statistics on pet prices... which I don't want to to, basically because TUJ already does it very well.
No solution besides a common sense (let's not kill it, actually :lol:) or artificial caps (like no more than 40k for SoO pets), but well, it'd be still adjusted to the highest prices of the continent.

Morazor

Post by Morazor » May 3rd, 2016, 8:06 am

Paladance wrote:Couldn't it just paste the realms we've already chosen for the current preview? :) (I understand you don't scrap it, no need for!) After all, we won't buy anything from realms where we don't have enough cash.
Yep, you can compare two of the realms you have selected... It's done with a couple of dropdown menus that will include only the realms you have chosen. I've done it this way because I had in mind the problem of moving money between realms, I usually want to know how to trasfer money from a certain realm to a certain realm to buy the pets I need.
Besides that, having just 2 realms in the comparison makes thing easier to program :P

If it's useful and if I manage to do it without killing the browser, I may also add a "mixed" mode where all auctions among all selected realms are compared.