I finally hit the 4400 club..

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Re: I finally hit the 4400 club..

Post by Uduwudu » August 13th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Uduwudu wrote:I'm still trying to figure out the point system, since it does not appear to be strictly on the number of level 25 blues at the top ... what am I missing?
Here's a breakdown of the scoring system WarcraftPets uses: [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore[/url]
Thanks a bunch ... I'll make 3K one of these days! I have a few duplicates, but they are a different kind, otherwise I only have like 5 duplicates total ... kinda strange to see the number system not work that, since there is a place for the different kinds of pets out there. For example, I like to use two of them in a given fight because one is P/P and the other S/S, and the combination works very well. Iron Starlette's is one other idea/combo.

There would be no point to the different styles of the same pet, otherwise, in this game. It would be nice to see that numbering system updated a bit, is my thought, but not sure why it was done so, other than simplicity and the possibility that the different styles were not available in the early days of Pet Battles?

As of right now, the lack of a spreadsheet to track things on your pets, is likely to cause some problems and cut down the ability to collect things as well as we have. I've been looking around for another link, but none of them are worth much, and getting the information you need, when you need it, is harder. Hopefully the website was not taken down because Blizzard would not allow access to its database for the pet information, that was included. I'm working off the one I created a couple of weeks ago, that I have pruned each and every day, as I level pets, so I know which pet is next and such.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » August 14th, 2016, 6:41 am

What is it you want to know that you can't find with rematch?

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » August 14th, 2016, 9:26 am

Hawg wrote:What is it you want to know that you can't find with rematch?
Here is a portion of my current working spreadsheet ... it is strictly based on the Pets needed to level, since the Level 25 pets are already up and marked as "Favorites". The number 3 on the left is (Blue) and 2 is Green, since I just about have no Poor's or Common's on my listing at all. So I know that of the lowest levels Blues, I will spend time on the Felbat Pup, Dandelion Frolicker, Ikky, Irradiated Roach, the 2nd Iron Starlette (different one) ... and so on. The Green's (2) still need a Rock to upgrade them, and then be levelled. Almost all of my Green's are low level now, but it allows me a chance to decide if I need to level a Magic Pet, instead of a Humanoid, or a Flying Pet.

This was taken, from the spreadsheet that came from the PetSear.ch place, and then refined for my needs. So I can tell you that I need to upgrade 112 blues and 69 more greens all the way to 25 as I keep tracking things on the current sheet. I was hoping to be able to pull an updated version in case of errors, although what I have done has been comfortable and helpful all around.

(up from here all the way to Level 24 - it gets removed once 25. All of the blues in this list (3), are marked as "Favorites" so I know that they have to be upgraded, or already so. It also helps with ... ohhh shoot ... I forgot to level that one, since it is now "visible" a lot easier.)
3 Beast Baby Blizzard Bear 4 331 46 42
3 Mechanical Iron Starlette 4 308 49 44
3 Critter Irradiated Roach 4 357 36 46
3 Flying Ikky 4 295 51 44
3 Humanoid Dandelion Frolicker 4 308 46 46
3 Flying Felbat Pup 1 155 11 12
2 Critter Black Lamb 4 292 43 43
2 Beast Rat Snake 5 340 51 54
2 Beast Snow Cub 5 355 51 51
2 Beast Albino Snake 4 290 38 48
etc
etc

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » August 15th, 2016, 9:39 pm

Ninni_mage wrote:Holy Guacamole good job!
(If that's for me) ... Thanks

It was a way to "organize" things. When I saw the Petsear.ch website, it really helped, because now I knew I could work the list within a reasonable order and know which pets to level and which to remove as duplicates. AND, above all, the ones I needed to go back and farm until I got a blue out of it.

The first locations I decided on, were those that I could fight the 23/24 pets to finish them off. The good side of that is that of the 3 locations, I cleaned up the needed blues from the lower level part of the list, and even picked up a couple of different styles from some of the pets, like a different Eternal Strider and such. After that, the list now is after 2 months, and the cleaning of it is really going well, since the first 112 listed on it, are all blue, and they are all above level 5. And that leaves what is after that to decide if it can be upgraded to a different one, but most can't as they are vendor and drop stuff like eggs and such.

I am now helping my neighbor organize his pet stuff, and he has a long way to go ... over 50 of them at higher levels that are not blue ... so his spreadsheet is really different, and harder to decide which pet to use the Blue/Green rock on and which pet to level. For me, the priorities now lie in Humanoids, Magic, Undead and Mechanical ... for example, and those always get the preference first, being the lowest amount of Pets I have on my list.

The game has too many Critters and Beasts!