Upgrade for Argent Squire/Gruntling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yaysuperman
Pet Score:13613
Realm:Barthilas-us
Upgrade for Argent Squire/Gruntling

Post by Yaysuperman » January 7th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Good Morning all,

I have in the past upgraded my Argent Gruntling using a Humanoid battle-stone. Its sitting in my list as a rare in game. I recently got the Argent Squire as I had never played Alliance before. When I attempt to upgrade the squire I am getting an invalid target error, I have tried with all 3 stones that I would assume work for his upgrade (Flawless Humanoid Battle-Stone, Flawless Marked Battle-stone and Flawless Battle-Stone) and am getting the same error each time.

I have submitted a ticket for this as I am not sure if its intended or not.

Not sure if this has been changed or its broken, can anyone else confirm?

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: Upgrade for Argent Squire/Gruntling

Post by Merana » January 7th, 2016, 8:26 pm

It's intended, pets that can't battle can't be upgraded to rare quality or leveled to 25 with leveling battle-stones anymore.
There's even a thread with some people writing tickets a few months ago already: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14620

Yaysuperman
Pet Score:13613
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Yaysuperman » January 7th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Cheers, thanks for the information.

Mathil
Pet Score:9181
Realm:Frostmane-eu

Post by Mathil » December 21st, 2017, 3:04 am

Sorry for ressurecrecting an old topic.
I just received my Argent Gruntling and is as mentioned by others here not upgradeable to rare.
I find this rather odd as I HAVE upgraded my Argent Squire to rare. This was however years ago, so do we know if there has been a confirmed change to this?

Thank you!

Mich
Pet Score:12635
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Mich » December 21st, 2017, 11:09 am

Same for me. Upgraded to Rare Argent Squire years ago, can't upgrade Argent Gruntling. This is annoying... In my pet list, only 1 green icon !!! Grrr... (gruntling)
Please Blizzard, change this !

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 21st, 2017, 2:00 pm

Mathil wrote:Sorry for ressurecrecting an old topic.
I just received my Argent Gruntling and is as mentioned by others here not upgradeable to rare.
I find this rather odd as I HAVE upgraded my Argent Squire to rare. This was however years ago, so do we know if there has been a confirmed change to this?

Thank you!
Initially we could use battlestones to upgrade noncombat battle pets to rare quality, but that ability was eventually removed by Blizzard. IIRC they haven't really clarified why or if the change was intentional.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 22nd, 2017, 2:11 pm

I forget the exact mechanic, but WarCraftPets compensates for the change so that it doesn't penalize you for not stoning the Squire back when it was possible. A Rare and a non-Rare Squire affect your Pet Score by exactly the same amount.

Feo
Pet Score:13056
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Feo » February 21st, 2018, 3:52 pm

Ranok wrote:I forget the exact mechanic, but WarCraftPets compensates for the change so that it doesn't penalize you for not stoning the Squire back when it was possible. A Rare and a non-Rare Squire affect your Pet Score by exactly the same amount.
Does nothing to help quell that uneasy & uncomfortable feeling of having that 1 non-rare pet in your personal menagerie though ><