(Ended) Another Winter Veil giveaway (US)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us
Re: Another Winter Veil giveaway (US)

Post by Fahra » December 23rd, 2015, 12:28 pm

Thank you so much for doing this!
I already own a few pets out of each set you have listed, but will happily take only the ones I still need, if that's allowable =)
My favorite pet is Zao. I loved that little yak as soon as I saw him online. The first time I saw a character with him in-game I almost cried at how beautiful he was. Zao was the reason I ran the Celestial Tournament. At the time I had very few high-level pets, so I spent the better part of three months crying in frustration as I died again, and again, and again in the tournament, only to go out and level more pets to try once more.
Zao was worth it all.
I plan to retire to Half Hill to help Yoon with his farming. It's so peaceful there, especially in the rain. I love the band, and I love my neighbors. Out of character, I always have a toon parked in their farm so that when I'm having a rough day I can log on, hear the beautiful music...and, if I'm lucky, see the rain.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_120115_183706.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120115_183706.jpg (111.34KiB)Viewed 4822 times
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » December 25th, 2015, 10:43 am

hats off to you, lovely to see the community helping each other. merry xmas to you.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 25th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Merry Xmas...
I would participate but i dont need any of the price so i prefer let the chance to somebody else.
thanks for offering this.

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Lunarific » December 26th, 2015, 1:28 am

That's really nice of you to do this! :)

It seems that most people already have those pets though, and a shame that there's only one entry so far... I always like to give pets away to friends/guildies, was wondering if you would mind me entering on the proviso that I give anything I win away to people who need the pets? (I have all of them already.) Of course, if more people who actually need the pets enter then you can disregard this completely. :P

Yazlor

Post by Yazlor » December 26th, 2015, 11:03 am

Hello,

Thank you for the kind give-away contest. I have some but not all of the pets offered in the collection and if I win will gift duplicates. It is taking me forever to explore Azeroth and collect all the beasties! Alternate characters always distract me from my plans...

I began my adventures as a Night Elf Druid and the Sprite Darter Hatchling was available as a quest reward for Alliance characters. I was tickled with this little fairy dragonkin and it initiated my intrigue with companion animals.

The time I had available to play WoW significantly decreased as my teenage sons interest in WoW was growing, so he took over my account. Years later, I found Cataclysm under the Christmas tree from my son. I started a new account but missed my lil fairy beastie. When Mists of Panderia came out I fell in love with battlepets; "gotta catch them all". Sadly, the Sprite Darter Hatchling was no longer available via quest so I began a mission to capture one in the wild.

Over the years, every character created, Alliance and Horde conducted a mandated battle stint through Feralas. I left a swathe of shredded Noxious Whelp wings in my path. The Sprite Darter Hatchling seemed forever unattainable to me ~ until I stationed my mage, Squeaklet, in New Thalanar and finally one day, a Grimtotem Marauder released one for me! I named this one "Addiction" as it was this pet that drove my fascination with pet collecting.

Squeaklet is an alchemist who enjoys gardening, she will retire to her garrison flower patch. By then, she will have completed Draenor Pathfinding and can hop on her Enchanted Fey Dragon mount to go anywhere.
[url=http://imgur.com/1ROvtNu]Image[/url]

Besides, she is a mage, she can leave the heavy lifting in the capable hands of her Human manservant and summon portal where ever her heart desires!
[url=http://imgur.com/r4YRgjG]Image[/url]
Like picnicing with old mates at the resort in Feralas Mountains, just south of Camp Mochaje and New Thalanaar where she captured her Addiction.
[url=http://imgur.com/1pEjRGp]Image[/url]
Or flying over rolling hills and through the majestic purple skys of Nagrand searching for new pets.
[url=http://imgur.com/3B3ZPtR]Image[/url]
Retirement is the beginning of new adventures...

Misteltoe
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Misteltoe » December 27th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Like several others, I need some but not all of a given set. I would have you keep what I do not need in order for someone else to have a chance at the pets.

Thank you for doing this.

Misteltoe

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12512
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » December 28th, 2015, 12:39 am

The little Blue fellow was a goal I had set for myself the moment I decided to have anything to do with pets. Even though more and greater challenges have come, and a few met, since then, this one was my first and is still near and dear to my heart.

As for the location, outside of any bar or pub, this place feels most like home. With good friends and a brew or three near at hand, yet still has the tranquil beauty without the scars caused by the unthinking actions of others.

[image to follow once I have my 8 posts yet not spam] The top of the hill behind our farm in Panderea.

Like others I have a scattering of the pets already and would not want to deprive any other collectors of the opportunity.

*edit
image at imgur [QUsitJx]
Last edited by N0083rp00f on January 2nd, 2016, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toki
Pet Score:8735
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Toki » December 30th, 2015, 1:28 am

Thank you for this wonderful idea. I also have some of the ones to win and will gladly let you give them away to someone else or I can give them to friends or guildies.
I could not decide on my fav pet as there are so many but the Kirin Tor Familiar stayed in my heart for spending SO MUCH time in Dalaran to get these books. Thank you to all those lovely people in trade who helps out others to get this pet at a time when not a lot were collecting them as madly as my daughter and I.
I just joined this fantastic website over Christmas, though I used it for any years. Thank you for all the effort everyone puts in.
To all a happy holiday season and ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR! Good luck with your pet collection
My place to retire is in my garrison - all my pets there is the best feature of it.
Attachments
a wonderful place.jpg
a wonderful place.jpg (96.04KiB)Viewed 4534 times

Fahra

Re: (Ended) Another Winter Veil giveaway (US)

Post by Fahra » January 1st, 2016, 8:22 pm

Oh wow, I actually won! Woohoo!

Like I said, I already have most of the pets. Below is a list of all the ones I'm missing, and I will cheerfully take any of them that you want to give me. Thank you so much!!!

Fragment of Anger
Grotesque
Hyjal Wisp
Viscidus Globule
Netherspace Abyssal
Coilfang Stalker
Tainted Waveling
Pierre
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Yazlor

Post by Yazlor » January 1st, 2016, 11:03 pm

Wheeee! Winning a contest is a great way to start off the New Year! Thank you for posting this giveaway and I am thrilled to have won.

Following Fahra's example, I looked at my achievements for Raiding with Leashes and have figured out which pets I have acquired & the following are the ones I have not collected:

Viscidus Globule

Tideskipper
Tainted Waveling
Coilfang Stalker
Pocket Reaver
Lesser Voidcaller
Phoenix Hawk Hatchling
Menagerie Custodian

Grotesque
Fragment of Suffering
Hyjal Wisp
Sunblade Micro-Defender
Chaos Pup
Wretched Servant
Fragment of Desire
Stinkrot
Leviathan Hatchling

Lil' Smoky
Pierre
De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion
Lifelike Toad
Lil' Smoky
Personal World Destroyer

Your generousness is greatly appreciated. Completing the entry & screenshots was fun :) Thanks again.

Toki
Pet Score:8735
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Toki » January 2nd, 2016, 9:36 pm

Hi, so excited I won. I will follow in the footsteps of the other winners and list my wants here:

Netherspace Abyssal
Tideskipper
Coilfang Stalker
Fiendish Imp
Hyjal Wisp
Grotesque
Chaos Pup
Stinkrot
Sunblad Micro-Defender
Viscidus globule
If left my daughter misses:
Tainted Waveling
Grotesque
Anubish Idol
Any Fragments

Any of the ones on my list we will treasure. Again thank you for your effort with this giveaway.

Fahra

Post by Fahra » January 4th, 2016, 1:28 am

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! You picked perfect pets!!! <3
Thank you once again for the contest, it was a wonderful Winter Veil present!