Murkimus Arena Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Katanole
Pet Score:13824
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Murkimus Arena Pet

Post by Katanole » December 14th, 2015, 3:18 am

Hello everybody, any chance [pet]Murkimus[/pet] will be avaiable again? I started collecting pets after the
arena tournaments in the past years.thank you

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Post by Gracin » December 14th, 2015, 10:07 am

Most likely never. My biggest pet peeves about the pet battles is that, because it was introduced so late, and because pet collecting was so different prior to the current pet system, it is somewhat unfair to those of us who want to "catch'em all" but can't.

Murkimus for example, was just something then that I was going to need to spend $20(I think) and do 50(pretty sure) arena matches just to get a pet that wasn't going to do anything other than take up bag space. I didn't then and still don't enjoy arena, or pvp at all, so spending the money and forcing myself to compete for a pet that had no value other than a badge of completion wasn't worth it at the time.

Fast forward, and now it and a dozen more have actual value(IMO), but are unobtainable and likely will always be.

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » December 14th, 2015, 10:25 am

I second that is sucks that unobtainable pets have evolved far beyond what they were. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a Vampiric Batling... I did everything but that during the WotLK Pre-Patch. I still have the tabard and armor on my Paladin.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 14th, 2015, 11:05 am

I'm fairly curious about this too. I've found their answers about the Arena Tournament somewhat vague, so I've inquired on Twitter (to @WarcraftDevs). I'm not sure if they even know the status of the promotional event; might not be the dev's area/decision.

But I also included that if the Arena Tournie isn't coming back, would Murkimus be made available another way in-game. We'll see if there's any response.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » December 14th, 2015, 5:36 pm

It's a peeve of mine that murlocs get reserved for paid functions rather than than CEs etc. Especially after that teaser baby murloc quest in Wrath. If they ever added them to the pet store it would crash the server.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 14th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Vhale wrote:It's a peeve of mine that murlocs get reserved for paid functions rather than than CEs etc. Especially after that teaser baby murloc quest in Wrath. If they ever added them to the pet store it would crash the server.
The free Terky wasn't enough? Granted I'm partial to the pastel ones myself (and I'd want a herd of them like the quest you're mentioning), but Terky was still an unexpected treat. :)

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » December 14th, 2015, 7:29 pm

It is a good treat, (I am partial to the orange ones). I just hope they continue and not another 10 year wait!

It's also the sound that the whole horde makes. It's. So. CUTE! :mrgreen:

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 18th, 2015, 9:24 am

Gracin wrote:Murkimus for example, was just something then that I was going to need to spend $20(I think) and do 50(pretty sure) arena matches just to get a pet that wasn't going to do anything other than take up bag space. I didn't then and still don't enjoy arena, or pvp at all, so spending the money and forcing myself to compete for a pet that had no value other than a badge of completion wasn't worth it at the time.
Murkimus actually WAS available from the tournament AFTER the pet battle system was introduced so people who started pet collecting after pet battles was introduced could get him. Blizz kept him as the reward because so many people didn't get him, as you mentioned, when pets collecting was very different (I certainly hadn't got him the first time round). I remember there being tons of threads on here for setting up teams to get it done.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 29th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Murkimus actually WAS available from the tournament AFTER the pet battle system was introduced so people who started pet collecting after pet battles was introduced could get him. Blizz kept him as the reward because so many people didn't get him, as you mentioned, when pets collecting was very different (I certainly hadn't got him the first time round). I remember there being tons of threads on here for setting up teams to get it done.
We actually had a whole forum here while it was available. We were hoping it would come back every year for everyone, but it didn't. :(

I personally took forever to get mine, because my team and I well, how do you say it, suck at pvp. You had to win 50 matches, not just compete in 50 matches. Luckily there were others there just for the pet, and those were toss up matches. With our low rating, we started to get more of those and finally hit our 50. We did 2 more just to make sure.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » December 29th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I really hope it comes back as well. When it was possible to get this pet blizzard made problems with my payment and i was not getting accepted to join the arena thing. Because of that I missed out on the pet. I was really bummed to find out it didnt get continued on a yearly bases.