Azaelia and Madja's Xmas giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cubcho
Pet Score:8939
Realm:Area 52-us
Re: Azaelia and Madja's Xmas giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!

Post by Cubcho » January 5th, 2016, 4:43 pm

i received the email for the pets, and accepted the gifts but unfortunately after claiming them found that they were gifts for EU but i play on US. i contacted customer support and they said they can't switch codes between regions but that you can contact them and get a refund (they said you can get a refund and order again from them, but since the sale is over i guess it wouldn't really work). i dunno maybe they would be able to give you us codes for your previous purchase but i highly doubt it; though i did buy something for someone a short while back and for some reason the system had thought we were on different regions and a very helpful support person worked around it and sent the pet to them through in game mail so maybe if you ask them they might be able to do it.
lol.. i knew it was too good to be true, i don't really have that kinda luck anyway! ;)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » January 6th, 2016, 2:04 pm

Cubcho wrote:i received the email for the pets, and accepted the gifts but unfortunately after claiming them found that they were gifts for EU but i play on US. i contacted customer support and they said they can't switch codes between regions but that you can contact them and get a refund (they said you can get a refund and order again from them, but since the sale is over i guess it wouldn't really work). i dunno maybe they would be able to give you us codes for your previous purchase but i highly doubt it; though i did buy something for someone a short while back and for some reason the system had thought we were on different regions and a very helpful support person worked around it and sent the pet to them through in game mail so maybe if you ask them they might be able to do it.
lol.. i knew it was too good to be true, i don't really have that kinda luck anyway! ;)
currently talking to a gm to try get it gifted!!

*UPDATE*

Unfortunately he wasn't able to send them over. WHat he did however do, was give me a refund and explain a process to use that I can gift them, so I'll be gifting your top priority ones over as soon as my refund clears in the bank. Sucks that it happens and he even commented on the fact that it doesn't mention specific reigions...

Oh well, you'll still get pets to the value I set aside as soon as my money is back :)

Cubcho
Pet Score:8939
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Cubcho » January 6th, 2016, 5:17 pm

[quote="Azaelia"
he even commented on the fact that it doesn't mention specific reigions...
[/quote]

yeah i thought it was pretty silly for them to let me accept gifts for a region i don't have a game account in

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » January 6th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Azaelia wrote:currently talking to a gm to try get it gifted!!

*UPDATE*

Unfortunately he wasn't able to send them over. WHat he did however do, was give me a refund and explain a process to use that I can gift them, so I'll be gifting your top priority ones over as soon as my refund clears in the bank. Sucks that it happens and he even commented on the fact that it doesn't mention specific reigions...

Oh well, you'll still get pets to the value I set aside as soon as my money is back :)

Yeah, it can be quite tricky to figure out! You have to choose the region in the top right corner. Then when you're paying for it you can see the region in panel to the left under 'Details'.

If you've received a gift then you can check the region by looking at the signature at the bottom of the mail.
The address will either be in California if it's a US item or France if it's an EU one :)

On the plus side - pets are cheaper in the US because you pay in dollars!
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596