I do of course know that battle-stones can be aquired by the following means:
1) Family-specific battle-stones from daily pet battle bags - upgrades to rare quality
2) Generic battle-stones from wild pet battles - upgrades to rare quality
3) Buying generic battle-stones - upgrades to uncommon quality
The thing I am wondering about:
What decides which family-specific battle-stone drops from daily pet battle bags? Is it possible to farm specifically for a certain family battle-stone?
- The master pet tamers first pet? Second pet? Last pet? Random but restricted to the family of the master pet tamers three pets?
- The pet you use to kill the first or perhaps last of the master pet trainers pets? Random but restricted to the family of the pets in your team?
Prior to 5.1 I farmed up a lot of bags, and I got 2 flying stones and 1 dragonkin stone.
- I don't know which master pet trainers bag gave me the respective stone.
- I know that I didn't use any flying pets when getting those bags.
- I know that I used a dragonkin in every single battle I got those bags from.
Perhaps it is as simple as this: 10 % chance of getting a battle-stone from a daily bag. The chosen family is completely random, and as there are 10 pet families it is a 10 % chance to get the respective pet family. Roll a D10!
I have only read about the existence of the battle-stones, but haven't seen anything about how the family specific battle-stones are decided to drop. Maybe I haven't been thorough enough in my research, but I hope that someone can enlighten me.
Thanks on front