Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mads824a
Top Rater
Pet Score:1477
BattleTag®:draziz#2968
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
Graves still available?

Post by Mads824a » December 4th, 2015, 11:14 am

Is the pet [pet]Graves[/pet] still available?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Graves still available?

Post by Ranok » December 4th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Still available, but there seems to be a problem getting it to you after you've done the Level 20 Heroes of the Storm grind. Supposedly Blizzard is working on a fix, meantime if you haven't gotten it in your WoW mailbox within a few hours of hitting HotS 20, open a ticket.

[url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042934348[/url]

Mads824a
Top Rater
Pet Score:1477
BattleTag®:draziz#2968
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Mads824a » December 4th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Ranok wrote:Still available, but there seems to be a problem getting it to you after you've done the Level 20 Heroes of the Storm grind. Supposedly Blizzard is working on a fix, meantime if you haven't gotten it in your WoW mailbox within a few hours of hitting HotS 20, open a ticket.

[url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042934348[/url]
Thanks buddy! it's just becuase i started collecting i need that pet since every1 is using it.

<3 luv u

Selae
Pet Score:6956
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Selae » December 6th, 2015, 6:43 pm

I don't think I've seen any posts or info on Graves being a temporary reward (like having to get it done by the end of the year) for reaching level 20 in HotS. It's kind of like an achievement and *should* be there for awhile. Although with Blizz, things can always change!

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » December 7th, 2015, 10:11 am

Of all the pet grinds, this to me is the most horrific....
I detest this game with a vengeance.

Are there some WarcraftPets support groups I can talk to?

On a serious note, anyone interested in grinding it out together?

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Gracin » December 7th, 2015, 11:13 pm

I afk ground all 20 levels for mine. Pretty simple to do also, start a Versus A.I. game, and then just leave it be. Walk away, or do whatever else you want to do, but come back in a while and start a new game. What's nice about this is I use Chrome Remote Desktop, so while I was at work/afk every 30 min or when I had the chance I would remote access my computer from my phone or iPad if I was too lazy to leave the comfort of my bed to start a new match. I think it took me 3/4 days of doing this to get to 20, but I'll admit I wasn't always the most diligent about starting new games, and the first day I actually ran into some daily XP cap for Versus A.I. matches. Strangely enough, I never hit the cap again and I know for a fact I pushed out more XP the following days.

Faolin
Pet Score:3225

Post by Faolin » December 8th, 2015, 1:46 am

I haven't heard anything about it being temporary. It's a long grind (especially if you don't like Heroes!) so I would hope they wouldn't stop it any time soon.

He's so worth it though! I named mine Dampe ;)

Buruan

Post by Buruan » December 8th, 2015, 10:58 am

Gracin wrote:I afk ground all 20 levels for mine. Pretty simple to do also, start a Versus A.I. game, and then just leave it be. Walk away, or do whatever else you want to do, but come back in a while and start a new game. What's nice about this is I use Chrome Remote Desktop, so while I was at work/afk every 30 min or when I had the chance I would remote access my computer from my phone or iPad if I was too lazy to leave the comfort of my bed to start a new match. I think it took me 3/4 days of doing this to get to 20, but I'll admit I wasn't always the most diligent about starting new games, and the first day I actually ran into some daily XP cap for Versus A.I. matches. Strangely enough, I never hit the cap again and I know for a fact I pushed out more XP the following days.
Marry me!!!!
I would not AFK grind with real players, but an AI wont mind...
Unless Skynet comes alive.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » December 8th, 2015, 11:52 am

Yeah, it's not letting you AFK it anymore. Kicks you out with no xp gain. Tried it last night after your wonderful suggestion I was so hopeful for. lol

Buruan

Post by Buruan » December 8th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Worgenbait wrote:Yeah, it's not letting you AFK it anymore. Kicks you out with no xp gain. Tried it last night after your wonderful suggestion I was so hopeful for. lol

Why do you have to be like this. I was daydreaming about AFKing during a TV session this eve.....

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 9th, 2015, 11:33 am

I'm going to see how "active" you have to be. I have my laptop at work, and will click at least once a minute to move my hero. Let's see if it still kicks me out...I'm hoping you don't HAVE to gain objectives...

Nope, you actually have to progress. Next experiment, can just going through a gate count.

No, you have to play. I'm working on paying "half attention" so just following the other heroes, hitting an ability once in awhile...but not actively trying to win.

Sorry guys...guess word got out. :(
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 9th, 2015, 12:49 pm

Hm.

Is there any EU volunteer who would on Sunday 13th reintroduce me into this game? I've forgotten things and I'm not familiar with MOBAs anyway. :oops:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » December 9th, 2015, 5:02 pm

From what I understand, Training Mode games are the only mode where you can AFK and still gain XP. However, I don't think you gain quest gold if you do this. Though if you are playing just for Graves, then the XP is all you should need :)

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » December 9th, 2015, 6:35 pm

Not going to get into a debate on Heroes of the Storm, some folks enjoy it, some (like me) find it totally not fun and don't understand its appeal at all. Okay, to each his or her own. Some annoyance that Blizz forces us to play it in order to get a pet for another game entirely. Assume they want to suck in as many people as possible to their foray into freemium games.

After four abortive tries over several months, decided to just do the damn grind to 20. It stayed boring but got pretty routine. First, blow 4 bucks on a 1-week rep buff. Two, play only against AI's. And maybe most important, find something else to do while you're grinding. Watch a movie, read a book, clean house, something. Run your guy out, get him killed, 3 or 4 minutes later repeat so he doesn't go AFK. The AI's on your team do all the work. You don't want a quick victory, longer the game goes on the more XP you get. Not sure if it makes much difference XP-wise if you win or lose.

I stuck with just one hero the whole time, Raynor. No point in learning anybody else's moves.

Good luck,

Canidserpent
Pet Score:2477
BattleTag®:CanidSerpent#1177

Post by Canidserpent » December 9th, 2015, 7:30 pm

It's still available, and going to be available for a while last I heard. I can't really vouch for the parameters of XP gain from being AFK, as I do enjoy the game, and it was through the game that I discovered WoW. But it's worth noting that you get a 50% XP gain from playing with a friend, and there's currently a 50% holiday XP bonus going on until I think next week.

I don't really play a lot of PvP in Heroes since I'm not always super-competitive, but AI gives good XP while being reasonably short at best. If anyone needs a ride to 20 I'm more than happy to carry people through the leveling. On my NA account preferably, I have an EU one, but, it's at lvl 2 right now, so that may not be the best one for me to use for this sort of thing.

Leekada
Pet Score:2769

Post by Leekada » December 9th, 2015, 10:20 pm

i just got him 30 mins ago so yes he is still available and i didnt have a bug when i got mine

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 9th, 2015, 11:06 pm

I hated that grind as well.
Blizzard should have just given us a taste of the game so we could see what it was like. That is what they did for the Hearthstone mount. I played a few games, "got" how the game worked at about the time I earned the reward. I was then able to decide if I wanted to keep playing.
I wonder how many players quit the HoS in disgust after getting their Graves who would have otherwise kept playing.

Annieb
Pet Score:13861
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 10th, 2015, 1:14 am

Mastr wrote:*snip*
I wonder how many players quit the HoS in disgust after getting their Graves who would have otherwise kept playing.
One right here at least. ;)

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » December 10th, 2015, 1:22 am

Mastr wrote:I wonder how many players quit the HoS in disgust after getting their Graves who would have otherwise kept playing.
Soon as Graves showed up in my WoW mailbox I uninstalled Heroes of the Storm. It felt good.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 10th, 2015, 10:37 am

I was really grumpy about having to do this grind for Graves . . . but by the time I got to level 12 or so I found I was actually really enjoying it. :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420